Visible's New Plans

LindaH

I have had Visible since May 2019 and it has been great. I doubt that there is any other service which offers unlimited everything including hotspot use. With their PayPal option total price $25/month. Occasionally I am in an area where there is no Verizon service, so I'm looking for a service for something other than Verizon and came across https://tello.com/. They use TMobile/Sprint towers. Unlimited service is $29/month. I would continue my Visible service and add Tello as a backup plan.

Tom
—————————————————
2005 Born Free 24' Rear Bath
Towing 1978 VW Bug convertible
Minneapolis, MN

7 hours ago, bigjim said:

I could not find a phone number for Visable.  Is there not a way to speak to a person?

You have to start with a chat session. If this does not resolve your problem you can request a call back. The agent may say that this is not possible, but if you persist they will arrange for a call.

Tom
—————————————————
2005 Born Free 24' Rear Bath
Towing 1978 VW Bug convertible
Minneapolis, MN

Well I was going to update to the new program. They have to send you a new sim card. I was in Tennessee when I set it up so address was wrong. Well for two days I have been trying to change address. I make changes and states sending SMS. well never got it and email correct in there. To say the least it is great service but a royal pain to change anything.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

We are looking to sign up for the Visible $30 plan as a backup to our T-Mobile Senior plan. We’d prefer to not spend a lot of money on a phone to use as the hotspot.

Looking at what they offer does anyone have experience with the Blade A3 prime, Blade A7 prime or the Visible Midnight phones? Any other recommendations?

Again, we would only need this phone for the hotspot.

4 hours ago, Yahoo Ramblers said:

We are looking to sign up for the Visible $30 plan as a backup to our T-Mobile Senior plan. We’d prefer to not spend a lot of money on a phone to use as the hotspot.

Looking at what they offer does anyone have experience with the Blade A3 prime, Blade A7 prime or the Visible Midnight phones? Any other recommendations?

Again, we would only need this phone for the hotspot.

I've had the Blade A7 as my only phone for 2 years.  It and it's hotspot work fine.  Be aware Visible restricts the hotspot to one device at a time unless you get an iPhone because Apple doesn't allow this restriction.

2 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

I've had the Blade A7 as my only phone for 2 years.  It and it's hotspot work fine.  Be aware Visible restricts the hotspot to one device at a time unless you get an iPhone because Apple doesn't allow this restriction.

Thanks for the info on the Blade A7. I do know about the one device at a time restriction but reading thru some of the threads here about Visible I’ve seen where you can hook up a router to the phone to allow multiple devices.

The primary purpose of my visible phone is creating a hotspot to broadcast to my router.  Here is my question, does the “New” visible plan change the 5-meg up/down speed cap when the phone is used as a hot spot?  Yes, I know the video shows fantastic speed, but he is not using he phone as a hotspot. 

2022 F-250 4X4 LB SC Godzilla V8 /2014 Northwood Nash 17K/SKP098347

1 hour ago, ogaddcb said:

The primary purpose of my visible phone is creating a hotspot to broadcast to my router.  Here is my question, does the “New” visible plan change the 5-meg up/down speed cap when the phone is used as a hot spot?  Yes, I know the video shows fantastic speed, but he is not using he phone as a hotspot. 

I haven't seen anything on the new plans that suggests any changes to the 5 meg limits. Awhile back Visible/Verizon was apparently doing some kind of server updates or upgrades, and the speed limit disappeared for almost a week. I was seeing 40-50 meg speeds and was very disappointed when they dropped back down... :)

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• 3 weeks later...

Just switched over to Visible two days ago. The switch was a nightmare. First I had no service. Go through the procedure again and I had text in and out but no phone. Two hours waiting to chat and an hour and a half of chat got me text both ways and outgoing calls. Another hour and a half browsing the internet for fixes finally got me both text and phone both ways. It is working well now. I hope it stays that way.

Wayne

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

9 hours ago, Jinx & Wayne said:

Just switched over to Visible two days ago. The switch was a nightmare. First I had no service. Go through the procedure again and I had text in and out but no phone. Two hours waiting to chat and an hour and a half of chat got me text both ways and outgoing calls. Another hour and a half browsing the internet for fixes finally got me both text and phone both ways. It is working well now. I hope it stays that way.

Wayne

I would say you were fortunate that it all worked out.  I was all set to port my number over to Visible until I started reading some of the reviews.  No way I was going to risk my phone number to a company with no decent support system.  Here's some examples https://www.trustpilot.com/review/visible.com

Verizon has really been pushing Visible lately, evidently with no increase in their customer service capability.

I recommend people not use Visible as their main phone number, but those trying to pay the least money will do what they do.  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

I've been using Visible as my only phone for several months now, as well as my DH (maybe as long as a year...I'd have to check my records).  So far, I haven't had any problems with the phone or the service.  

Just recently, I had my Verizon number ported over to my Visible phone (and then terminated my Verizon account) and it went off without a hitch.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

12 hours ago, GlennWest said:

I got the $30.00 plan. Correct me if wrong only difference is Mexico, Canada, etc  service

You don't get the "Premium Network Experience" unless you go with the $45 Visible+ plan.

$45/mo Visible+:  "Get 50GB of premium data every month on 5G Nationwide & 4G LTE. After 50GB, when the network is experiencing heavy traffic, your smartphone and hotspot data may be temporarily slowed.  5G Ultra Wideband data is always unlimited premium data."  Except for the 5G Ultra Wideband, this language is the same as what is in the present plan after 21GB.

$30/mo Visible:  "When the 5G Nationwide or 4G LTE network is experiencing heavy traffic, your data may be temporarily slowed." i.e. you're always subject to deprioritization (no 21GB exemption) and you don't get 5G Ultra Wideband (short range, mostly in larger cities).

Edited by Lou Schneider

13 hours ago, GlennWest said:

I am yet to see the ultra 5g. Even when in Verizon store a month ago it only in select cities. 

Not too surprising.  5G Ultra Wideband uses Extremely High Frequencies (EHF) aka millimeter wavelengths, between 30 and 300 gigahertz.  Lots of bandwidth but very short ranges when frequencies get up that high so the area each cell covers is in the range of a few tens or hundreds of feet rather than miles.  It's really only practical in areas with high population densities that can justify putting an antenna on every light pole.

Edited by Lou Schneider

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, GlennWest said:

I have had the new $30.00 plan now for a few weeks. Can't tell any improvement or anything except cost 5.00 more.

There is no difference. The current $30 plan is the former $40 plan (without PartyPay). I'm keeping my $25 PartyPay plan as long as they'll let me.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system