kitchen faucet problem

I bought a new chinese  faucet from either home depot or lowes a few months ago. Single lever pull out head. It started leaking. Packing base loose. Little plug in back of handle. Removed plug and tried every allen wrench I got and nothing fit. No screwdriver. None of my star bits will go in far enough. Can't see in there as it at rear. I used my channel lock pliers and tightened it some. But i need that handle off so i can tighten it good.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

FWIW Moen uses a 7/64 inch Allen key to remove the handle.  Don't know if this will be of any help.

Edited by docj

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

1 hour ago, usbusin said:

Remove the supply hoses and remove the whole faucet? Tighten and reinstall? 

Handle needs to come off. I have decided to trash it and get a Delta 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Definitely a good choice. When we updated our kitchen in 2020 we went with a Delta faucet and sink combo and found the water here is saturated with minerals. The faucet pull-out head clogged and failed to switch from stream to spray after just over a year and we called them to buy the part and told them it was the mineral rich water not their fault. She said they are guaranteed for life and that has to take into account varying mineral content as well. They sent us out a new head free of any charges and we just popped it on.  EZ-PZ!

Regardless of where they are made, it is the company and their customer service that counts and you picked one of the best. We used to buy Moen but now we use nothing but Delta because of that.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

On 8/8/2022 at 1:05 PM, RV_ said:

We used to buy Moen but now we use nothing but Delta because of that.

Moen also has a guaranteed for life policy.  I've had several items replaced on my kitchen faucets, both the original and the one we have now.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Joel yes you are right. I had Moen before and they did too. But they seem to cost a lot more these days than Delta with the same warranty. That is why I switched. Both are great companies.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

1 hour ago, docj said:

Moen also has a guaranteed for life policy.  I've had several items replaced on my kitchen faucets, both the original and the one we have now.

Yep, that's what is in our MH, they are very easy to repair/replace, no tools required for repair. Our kitchen faucet began leaking, called Moen customer service and had a replacement at NC 2 weeks later.

Side story, when searching the web for my faucet model I typed in gold color instead of polished brass, the results and prices made me choke.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I replaced it Friday. Got rained out at work and stopped by Home Depot on the way home. Sent wife pictures of different units and she wanted the Moen. Put it in that afternoon.