What Insurance (auto) company will work with Domicile in South Dakota?

We are officially homeless (No physical dwelling). We have our Domicile with Escapees (Thank You) in SD. Before we move our registration for our autos, and do our licenses, I figured getting insurance making it where we get some type of mail sent to us in SD. However, after talking to three companies and mentioning that this is a Domicile address, we were declined. The reason is that we need a full-time physical place. 

A few may be asking, No RV, No Home, where do we live?

We are full-time RV Transporters; we camp or stay in a hotel on the way back to Indiana. 

We own two cars and use one as a tow car and the other for storage. We do plan to buy a truck and RV in the future, just waiting on the market to catch up with the "oh No" people. Those are the people that bought it because of covid and then realize that this is not for them. 

Thanks to the RV Escapees group for helping us get the domicile. And thanks in advance to anyone that has suggestions on what auto insurance companies we may try.

#DTNTransporter

See the thread "Vehicle Insurance" on this forum.  Lots of good suggestions.

Also - although I am currently "domiciled" in my sticks and bricks, I have used Americas Mailbox (Box Elder, SD) in the past for everything from.... mail forwarding, physical address, insurance references, etc. Now have their own campground w/ hookups

Very helpful people!

Nothing against SKPs - but they did not have a SD location at the time.

Besides their info on "the net", there is a good blog w/review  at....https://rvblogger.com/blog/americas-mailbox-review/

~

Edited by Pappy Yokum

I am full time in my Class A with no sticks and bricks address. I use the Escapees So Dakota address. I currently have Geico for my RV, Jeep and Harley as well as an umbrella policy. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Thanks Pappy, Twotoes, Fulltimer51, Kirk W, and whj469.

As you can tell we do not sign into the forums a lot so it takes a moment to respond. Thanks for the suggestions and we are researching each one.  Another person just informed us to go stay in a hotel and have them put our address (Domicile) on it and that will be fine to get your license and then registration. After all that is done, the insurance should be easy.  We will see.

Once again thanks for the suggestions, we are looking into this.

#DTNTransporter #DTNLivingLife

6 hours ago, DawnandTex said:

Another person just informed us to go stay in a hotel and have them put our address (Domicile) on it and that will be fine to get your license and then registration.

Be sure to get the names of each of you on that registration. 

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 4 weeks later...

heck even here in cal i have lived out of a po box for decades. not a "fancy" domicile box. just a regular post office number.

but then i am a truck driver. mail theft is a big thing these days.

but yes everything legal has a po box number including my dl. been that way. for how long.......mid to late 1980's

only trouble i have encountered is the county dump. free if you live in the county. great way to stop ditch dumpers.

no charge bring it all.

What insurance company that has a good rate and works well for one person will not necessarily be the best for you.  You need to search for a good independent agent and work with them for your best coverage for your unique situation.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot