2022 West Coast Rally

Chad Heiser

2022 West Coast HDT Rally 
Monday June 13th, 2022 (arrival day)

Monday June 20th, 2022 (departure day)

Ambassador RV Resort - Caldwell, Idaho.

http://www.g7rvresorts.com/idaho/ambassador/

The rally is a go.  I did things a little different for the rally announcement this year.  After the rally announcement last year (but prior to the actual rally), I developed the West Coast Rally website (HDTWCR.com).  People who visited the website throughout the year (and were interested in the rally) had the option to sign up for a rally email list.  All past rally attendees were also automatically added to the email list.  My goal was to give those who put some effort into learning about the rally (went to the website and signed up for the email list) and previous attendees a little bit of a head start on registration before I made the general social media announcements.   In theory this seemed like a good idea.  Well, we all know that theory and reality don't always mesh. 

As I planned, I sent a rally announcement out to the rally email list this past weekend (beginning of January).  Recipients were told rally registration began on Monday, January 3.  They were instructed to begin calling Ambassador RV Resort to make campground reservations on the 3rd.  Once they had a campground reservation, attendees were then instructed to go to HDTWCR.com and complete a registration questionnaire.  I then planned to make a general social media announcements about the rally today (Wednesday, January 5). 

Last year the rally sold out in a week after I made the general social media announcements about the rally.  I thought maybe that was a fluke due to travel restrictions being lifted around that time.  People were also generally feeling cooped up at that time because of the previous year of COVID.  This was partly why I developed the website and the rally email list.  I wanted a way to give interested parties and past attendees a bit of a head start on registration before the general social media announcements (after the rally sold out so quickly last year).

Well, I guess it wasn't a fluke last year.  This year, the park sold out in two days - just from the email list announcement.   😲  Ambassador RV Resort is a very nice park, but they have limited transient rental sites (a little over 40).  The majority of the park is rented to long term residents.  The rally is now occupying all of the available short term rental sites for the week of the rally.

If you are interested in attending the rally, there is some hope.  The park does have a waitlist you can get on by calling them.  You can also stay outside the park and come in each day for the rally if you would like.  There is a fairground with basic, full hookup, sites a couple of miles from Ambassador and there are other RV parks and hotels in the area.

I will keep everyone up to date with Rally news here, so check back in.  You can also go to HDTWCR.com for the latest information.  I am still working on the rally schedule and outings.  Once I have those set, I will post them.

If you have a reservation at Ambassador and haven't completed the registration questionnaire, please do so.  Here is a link to the Registration Form.  I'm still waiting for about half of you with reservations to do that.  If you are going to stay at another location, you still need to complete the Registration Form.  This is how I know you will be attending.  Simply state in the notes section where you will be staying.

At least half of the people I have received registration information from so far are first time attendees.  There should be a lot of new faces at the rally again this year.

I am looking forward to seeing you in June!

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I got my spot and think I have completed everything required so far. See Y'all in June.

Brad & Jacolyn

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

11 hours ago, Mark&Bonnie said:

Chad. How do we confirm that we have a spot. Filled out Ambassodors form, but have not heard from them. Mark

Ambassador is working on sending out confirmations to those who have sites.  Based on the information I have, I believe you are good to go.

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

• Phil D pinned this topic

Here is a quick update on the rally. 

According to Ambassador RV Park, we have taken all 43 RV sites they have available for the week of the rally (this includes our group site).  I have the names of all the people with reservations at the park.  There are still a few of you with reservations that have not completed the Rally registration form on the HDTWCR.com website.  If you are one of those people, please follow this link to complete the rally registration form.

As it looks right now, first time attendees outnumber returning attendees.  Just over half of the rally attendees will be first timers at the WCR this year.  I am looking forward to meeting a lot of new people.

I am working on the rally schedule.  If you are attending the rally and have something you would like to present to the group, I am always looking for new seminars.  If you have questions about what that might entail, or are interested in giving a presentation, get in touch with me.

Once I have the schedule flushed out, I will post it.  I am meeting with the T-shirt shop this week and am waiting to here from our dinner outing venue.  Once I have those things lined up, I will send out links to all attendees to pay rally fees and order shirts.

If you couldn't get into Ambassador, but still want to attend the rally we would be happy to have you.  There are some other venues nearby where you can stay if you are interested.  Canyon County Fairgrounds or Abundant Life RV Park are a couple of nearby choices.  If you decide to attend and stay at another venue, you still need to complete the registration form on the rally website using the link above.  Just indicate in the notes at the end of the form where you will be staying.

event.png    

• 2 months later...

I sent out the link to pay rally fees and order shirts, etc. to all registered rally attendees today. If you did not receive the email, check your junk email folder. If you can't find it there, contact me and I will send it to you again.

I am also looking for additional presenters at the rally. If you are attending and have a topic you think might be of interest to the rest of the group and want to present it, let me know.

See you in June.

event.png    

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, craigjanelle said:

Will any of you that are attending the WCR have any rigs you're interested in selling? We are full timers, within 10 minutes of the rally in Caldwell, & would like to drop by.  Thanks.

I don’t know of any specific rigs that will be for sale, but you are welcome to come buy regardless.  We will be happy to have you and who knows what might come of it.

event.png    

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to it.

event.png    

6 hours ago, Larry Burkett said:

Chad, when are you picking up the new trailer?

Hopefully next week.  They are working on it now and I am finishing a customer rig.  Once I finish up my work I will hit the road back to Oklahoma.  I’m putting a lot of miles on the HDT this year.

event.png    

On 5/16/2022 at 8:47 AM, craigjanelle said:

Will any of you that are attending the WCR have any rigs you're interested in selling? We are full timers, within 10 minutes of the rally in Caldwell, & would like to drop by.  Thanks.

I am looking forward to meeting you guys, Craig.  We expect to be at Abundant 6/8

Marcel

• 3 weeks later...

We got on the road to head to the rally today (Saturday).  We will arrive in Caldwell on a Sunday.   It was a very long four days to get the new toy hauler ready to hit the road.  I don’t think I stopped working on it until close to midnight (and sometimes later) every night after getting home with it Monday night.  It is ready and my solar system is installed though.  I still have a few small things to do to it when we get home from this month long trip, but we can boondock with no issues on this trip😎.  See you all at the rally.

event.png    

Well the rally starts today with our meet and great this evening.  I think I have everything ready 😉.  It has been a crazy few weeks leading up to the rally to say the least.  I am looking forward to hanging out with everyone and having some fun.

event.png    

Have a great time. Hope it's cooler where you are than it is where I am. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

8 hours ago, lappir said:

Have a great time. Hope it's cooler where you are than it is where I am. 

Rod

I was actually jacket weather today.  It is supposed to warm up later in the week.  We had a nice meet and great tonight.  A few of us stayed out until about midnight when we finally called it a night.  So far so good and looking forward to more fun.

event.png    

Chad I know how much it takes to put on a rally and I can not think adding in the fact getting your new rig ready on top of that!!! I bet you sleep good when everything is complete, have a great rally and hope someday to attend.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch