What did you do to your truck today?

jenandjon

7 hours ago, Cotreker said:

Like your light bar the top one.  Where did you get this.

I bought both of them from eBay.  If you want PM me and I can send you the links to them.  I didn’t think the price was that bad.  
Larry 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got all the bearings packed on the trailer and Cab air bags replaced. The air bags were really easy. Only took about 10 minutes. 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Not actually on the truck, but similar size and number of tires. I tried to upload a photo but the link must be broken. It just sits and spins. 

Anyone have an old Porter Cable pancake compressor? I've had mine since I lived in South Florida many years ago. Just used it to air up the tires on my trailer after putting the "Cross Fires" back on last month. The indicator said 10lbs low so I set the output to 110psi and clicked on the locking "Chuck" after allowing the tank to fill to 120psi. It only takes a few seconds for the compressor to kick back in and a few minutes (but less than I expected) for the compressor to shut off again. Now have the appropriate color in the viewer on all 4 sets of duals. Will hit the truck tires tomorrow after allowing the compressor to rest for a day. All in all it took less than an hour. It would take the guys at the "Tire Shop" over 1/2 hour to do them it seemed so I will continue to use the little Porter Cable for this. I won't try to set a bead with it or do a full inflation from flat. 

Rod 

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

• 2 weeks later...

Made up an adapter to air the truck with shop air. PACCAR puts a male Parker cat. 1 fitting on the frame rail by the left steer tire to connect for towing. One Bh1-62 and a shop coupler, and now my truck can be aired up before starting the engine. 

53257C61-DCF0-4838-B195-411FA40BBA6A.jpeg

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

10 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

Made up an adapter to air the truck with shop air. PACCAR puts a male Parker cat. 1 fitting on the frame rail by the left steer tire to connect for towing. One Bh1-62 and a shop coupler, and now my truck can be aired up before starting the engine. 

53257C61-DCF0-4838-B195-411FA40BBA6A.jpeg

I've heard of doing that at "Campgrounds" but what advantage is there in your shop? I guess if you are searching for a leak you wouldn't have to start the truck to build up pressure. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

3 hours ago, lappir said:

I've heard of doing that at "Campgrounds" but what advantage is there in your shop? I guess if you are searching for a leak you wouldn't have to start the truck to build up pressure. 

Rod

True, plus, if it's in the shop for an extended time and looses pressure, I can plug in and air up in a couple minutes, v. idling the engine for much longer stinking up the shop.  The air fitting is next to the battery lugs for jump starting, so I can leave the air and trickle charger hooked up for as long as it's sitting there.  I park under roof behind the shop, and plan to put an access port in the wall to run cords/hoses out as needed.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Hey Rick, you are in Indiana, right? I will be in your area Tuesday. We will be at the camp shore campground between Aurora and Rising Sun. It used to be Little Farm campground. 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Well the steering gear seal blew out today and I drove 250 miles without power steering! Left turns from traffic lights were a little bit of a grunt. Getting turned around in my culdesac and backed into the driveway was about all I could do. New steering gear ordered. From Volvo. About $900 with shipping. Not as bad as I thought it would be for a new one. (not rebuilt)  Doing my part to stimulate the economy and keep the ball rolling! 

6 hours ago, mike5511 said:

About $900 with shipping. Not as bad as I thought it would be for a new one. (not rebuilt)  Doing my part to stimulate the economy and keep the ball rolling! 

I would have expected more $$$ also.  That’s funny, the dealer parts counter should quote that after the bottom line on the receipt.  🥸

Edited by Sculptor

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

19 hours ago, Sculptor said:

I would have expected more $$$ also.  That’s funny, the dealer parts counter should quote that after the bottom line on the receipt.  🥸

The place I took it to fix said the price was seven hundred and something and about $200 to ship it. I questioned if it was a new part and they said they bought it from Volvo. They told me to start that they only use new parts, no rebuilds.

Finally got to replacing our inverter/charger after the lightning incident only to find out that the new inverter doesn't work.

I bought it over a year ago so I am SOL on this one...

GRRR!

Av8r3400
Thunderstruck - 2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift
Slick - 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry