DOT Airline Fittings

SuiteSuccess

Where do most of you purchase your brass or nylon airline fittings online?  I usually buy Parker or Eaton Lambert but lost the site I had bookmarked.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Amazon has DOT approved fittings. 

I scored an entire box of miscellaneous DOT fittings from a tech at the nearby Volvo dealer, for$20. Some were new some were used. I rebuilt the used ones and keep them in the truck.  Even used one of the new brass compression fittings that was in the box to fix a propane leak in the camper.

If you do remove a compression fitting, don't throw it away, Amazon has a box of assorted brass ferrules for cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07XSB1W3M/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07XSB1W3Mp13NParams

Edited by Parrformance
Spelling correction

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

15 minutes ago, Parrformance said:

Amazon has DOT approved fittings. 

I scored an entire box of miscellaneous DOT fittings from a tech at the nearby Volvo dealer, for$20. Some were new some were used. I rebuilt the used ones and keep them in the truck.  Even used one of the new brass compression fittings that was in the box to fix a propane leak in the camper.

If you do remove a compression fitting, don't throw it away, Amazon has a box of assorted brass ferrules for cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07XSB1W3M/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07XSB1W3Mp13NParams

Yeah, I have some packs of 1/4” and 3/8” ferrules I ordered several years ago.  Folks should be aware airline ferrules have a ridge around the equator and aren’t the same as regular copper tubing ferrules.  I had a good online source for fittings but can’t seem to find it again.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Get mine from the local Parker store, or online from Parker. Grainger sometimes has better pricing or delivery. Amazon has been hit/miss as far as authentic DOT fittings, to the point of shipping fittings with no markings at all. Sent back.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Carl,

AFP INDUSTRIES INC
200-b Perimeter Park Rd
Knoxville, TN 37922
United States

They should have your Parker fittings and are close to you. If you are near my area, 

SOUTHERN FLUID POWER
4816 Bonny Oaks Drive
Chattanooga, TN 37416
United States

should have what you need.

I like their composite fittings instead of all brass but each to their own.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Carl, come to the National rally (like you should have) and stock up at Rose Auto Supply in scenic downtown Hutchinson. 🙂

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

39 minutes ago, Big5er said:

Carl, come to the National rally (like you should have) and stock up at Rose Auto Supply in scenic downtown Hutchinson. 🙂

Phil,

We’ll be back.  Unfortunately Donna’s mom passed away, so family obligations trumped anything else.  Turns out we got exposed to Covid (my sister) and had to make a hasty retreat back to Tennessee for our two week quarantine.  Has not been a “fun” year.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Phil,

We’ll be back.  Unfortunately Donna’s mom passed away, so family obligations trumped anything else.  Turns out we got exposed to Covid (my sister) and had to make a hasty retreat back to Tennessee for our two week quarantine.  Has not been a “fun” year.

Hi Carl,

I hope you and Donna are ok. When it comes to fittings, there is a local parts store for big trucks in town. There prices are better then any site online. This is where I go to get my fittings.

Stay safe my friend,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

1 hour ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Carl,

I hope you and Donna are ok. When it comes to fittings, there is a local parts store for big trucks in town. There prices are better then any site online. This is where I go to get my fittings.

Stay safe my friend,
Al

Al, 

We’re fine.  This is a funny disease.  My sister is 8 years younger than me and healthy.  We spent the afternoon and had dinner with them on Sunday and she was fine.  Called me Monday afternoon at campground in town said she had 103* fever, headache, body aches.  Hit her suddenly.  Tested positive for Covid.  We immediately went into quarantine and prepared to head back to Tennessee which we did.  We remained symptom free for the two weeks.  In the meantime Donna’s mom passed away two days after us leaving.  She at least got to touch and hug her in hospice prior to our exposure.  The nursing home where she was had been locked down for six months.  My sister became very ill requiring hospitalization with viral pneumonia and treatment with Remdesivir, antibiotics, steroids, and convalescent plasma just to barely keep her off a ventilator.  She is slowly recovering but is now almost six weeks out with some continuing shortness of breath and extreme exhaustion.  Again this is the real deal. Once you’re on a vent, survival goes way down.  Thank God for a vaccine.  We will be first in line when available for our age group.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

14 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Carl,

AFP INDUSTRIES INC
200-b Perimeter Park Rd
Knoxville, TN 37922
United States

They should have your Parker fittings and are close to you. If you are near my area, 

SOUTHERN FLUID POWER
4816 Bonny Oaks Drive
Chattanooga, TN 37416
United States

should have what you need.

I like their composite fittings instead of all brass but each to their own.

Thanks David.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

21 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Al, 

We’re fine.  This is a funny disease.  My sister is 8 years younger than me and healthy.  We spent the afternoon and had dinner with them on Sunday and she was fine.  Called me Monday afternoon at campground in town said she had 103* fever, headache, body aches.  Hit her suddenly.  Tested positive for Covid.  We immediately went into quarantine and prepared to head back to Tennessee which we did.  We remained symptom free for the two weeks.  In the meantime Donna’s mom passed away two days after us leaving.  She at least got to touch and hug her in hospice prior to our exposure.  The nursing home where she was had been locked down for six months.  My sister became very ill requiring hospitalization with viral pneumonia and treatment with Remdesivir, antibiotics, steroids, and convalescent plasma just to barely keep her off a ventilator.  She is slowly recovering but is now almost six weeks out with some continuing shortness of breath and extreme exhaustion.  Again this is the real deal. Once you’re on a vent, survival goes way down.  Thank God for a vaccine.  We will be first in line when available for our age group.

Thanks Carl for the update. I wish your sister the best.      Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Phillips has started to make small qty packages of the good PTC fittings.  I think they also have assembled kits and things too, if that strikes your fancy.  You can order them anywhere they sell Phillips - KW dealer, Napa, online, etc - but not at a Parker store since they are competitors.

Qwik-Fit Catalog:

http://phillipsind.com/media//media_relations/983/_B-QF-ENG_REV0_QWIK-FIT_8-31-16.pdf

19 minutes ago, Scrap said:

Phillips has started to make small qty packages of the good PTC fittings.  I think they also have assembled kits and things too, if that strikes your fancy.  You can order them anywhere they sell Phillips - KW dealer, Napa, online, etc - but not at a Parker store since they are competitors.

Qwik-Fit Catalog:

http://phillipsind.com/media//media_relations/983/_B-QF-ENG_REV0_QWIK-FIT_8-31-16.pdf

Thanks 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3