Rear Leveling Valve

hatrack

I think that the rear suspension leveling valve on my truck is bad. When I drop the rear and turn the key off the rear raises backup and now it is loosing all the air in a couple days and the rear bags go flat. Is this caused by the leveling valve or maybe a leak. What do you experienced guys think it is? I haven't done anything on the truck but wiring for the jacklopee  and the taillights. Limited knowledge on the mechanics of the air system.

Thanks,

Ken....

IMG_856.png.ae22d1dc2b12f9fb806b4e17121ee0b0.png

2017 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2020 Volvo VNR 42-640, D13, 455hp, Ishift, 189"wb, factory single, ET Junior Hitch @ 195", Jacklopee, Directlink

2016 GMC 3500 Denali DRW, CC, LB, Curt 25k, Sold

I think the manual air drop is on a keyed circuit, ie when the key is turned off you loose control of the release. As far as the pressure dropping, that's a leak somewhere.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

I suggest doing a google search for air brake inspection.  If your suspension is staying up for a couple of days you are doing well.  There is a reason there is an acceptable air loss rate, every air brake system leaks.

Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

What year truck do you have?  Some of the Gen 1 trucks will stay down once the key is off.  Gen 2 and newer - I'm not sure, but I know of a couple that will come back up after key is off.  Doesn't sound like a leveling valve problem, you've just got some air leaks as mentioned.  Have fun finding them.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

1 hour ago, HERO Maker said:

What year truck do you have?  Some of the Gen 1 trucks will stay down once the key is off.  Gen 2 and newer - I'm not sure, but I know of a couple that will come back up after key is off.  Doesn't sound like a leveling valve problem, you've just got some air leaks as mentioned.  Have fun finding them.

Don't think age is an issue...  

I'd bet he just has air leaks at the pass thru under the dash and tanks.  Basically anywhere there are a bunch of the pushlock fittings.

2020 Volvo VNR 42-640, D13, 455hp, Ishift, 189wb, factory single, ET Junior Hitch, Jacklopee, Directlin

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

1 hour ago, HERO Maker said:

What year truck do you have? 

His signature indicates a 2020 truck.  I've seen it.  Pretty sharp rig.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

The Gen 2 Volvo I own,  airs the bags back up when I turn the key off. 

Hunt the PTC fittings from the rear most bags to the leveling valve and fix the leaks.

My bags will now stay firm for weeks.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

Thanks everyone. I'll start looking for leak when the weather gets better. It will hold air a couple days.

Thank Rick you're also.

Ken....

IMG_856.png.ae22d1dc2b12f9fb806b4e17121ee0b0.png

2017 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2020 Volvo VNR 42-640, D13, 455hp, Ishift, 189"wb, factory single, ET Junior Hitch @ 195", Jacklopee, Directlink

2016 GMC 3500 Denali DRW, CC, LB, Curt 25k, Sold

You will drive yourself insane chasing all the leaks. If you stay aired up for a couple days that is very good. I have a 2021 Kenworth with 6000 miles on it. I have to air it up every morning. They are not meant to hold air forever. As long as you have no audible air leaks. That is if you can stand next to it and you cant hear any air leaking you are good.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

I chased all the leaks, because they were so numerous it would occasionally go down during a dinner stop.

I was able to find and cure enough leaks to get all the air bags, including the cab bags to stay up for weeks.

This was well worth my time.  

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee