Checking on Kevin, AKA Sculptor

rickeieio

So, Kevin.....  Last time we saw you, you had your arm in a sling and were waiting to see if you'd have surgery in Hutch, or have to go home.  Did all turn out okay, and are you on the mend?  

Just wondering........

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Hi guys, and thank you Rick for asking about me.

I finally got the surgery on a Friday. which put pins in my radius bone.  We waited a week until the first follow up, and left the following Monday.  
The next follow up was scheduled here in Tennessee with a new surgeon at about 3 weeks post surgery. 
We just arrived today, and the appointment is Tuesday.  All records and xrays are in hand so the new doc with have them.  We intend to change our domicile to TN (after many questions/research) hence all the effort to get a new doctor here.  
The weather was turning bad there in Hutch.  Rick you remember the windstorm plus John K. endured an ice storm with us too.  Spending the recovery during an early winter in KS for the holidays wasn’t as appealing as being near our son and daughter in law In TN.

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

It's good to hear things are working out for you.  I remember your bride was a little worried when you fell, the awning took flight, etc.  

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

12 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

It's good to hear things are working out for you.  I remember your bride was a little worried when you fell, the awning took flight, etc.  

Yes she was upset.  We have had a good week and a half of travel, but today the rough TN roads handed us another upset.  One of our slides has a bad floor and it gave up the final ghost today.  Hope she feels better tomorrow.

At least no accidents or injuries.  🙂

Kevin and June

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

28 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

How was your trip home Rick?  I think I read there was a breakdown in the last few miles?  I looked again but couldn’t find it.

Kevin and June

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Our trip was uneventful.  After Hutch, we went to Elkhart, IN to try and find parts to repair our fender where three tires blew a couple years ago.  No luck finding parts, but we found a body shop that can re-create the ABS flair.  It'll get installed/painted in the spring.

We recommend Parkers Crossroads RV for repairs in Tennessee.  Between Nashville and Jackson, on I-40.  Good folks. They repaired the roof on one slide, the floor in another, and installed our BigFoot system.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

21 hours ago, Sculptor said:

Hi guys, and thank you Rick for asking about me.

I finally got the surgery on a Friday. which put pins in my radius bone.  We waited a week until the first follow up, and left the following Monday.  
The next follow up was scheduled here in Tennessee with a new surgeon at about 3 weeks post surgery. 
We just arrived today, and the appointment is Tuesday.  All records and xrays are in hand so the new doc with have them.  We intend to change our domicile to TN (after many questions/research) hence all the effort to get a new doctor here.  
The weather was turning bad there in Hutch.  Rick you remember the windstorm plus John K. endured an ice storm with us too.  Spending the recovery during an early winter in KS for the holidays wasn’t as appealing as being near our son and daughter in law In TN.

Glad to hear you're doing better and establishing in TN.  Sorry for the bad info, I thought I heard you say you were doing the surgery in KS.  

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

1 hour ago, Av8r3400 said:

Glad to hear you're doing better and establishing in TN.  Sorry for the bad info, I thought I heard you say you were doing the surgery in KS.  

Good info Larry, the surgery WAS in Hutchinson.  We waited an extra week for the first post op checkup.  We then beat the NEXT windstorm out of town.  
We set up the TN appointment for tomorrow, then slowly came back the southern route, Branson, Memphis, then south of Nashville.  We are at Texas T campground.

re-reading my post, I said “a Friday” not which Friday so I could have been clearer.  It was the 23rd of October in Hutchinson.

Edited by Sculptor
Clarity

Kevin and June

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

12 hours ago, rickeieio said:

We recommend Parkers Crossroads RV for repairs in Tennessee.  Between Nashville and Jackson, on I-40.  Good folks. They repaired the roof on one slide, the floor in another, and installed our BigFoot system.

I finally got a call back from Mike at Parker’s tonight before 5.  Thanks for the referral.  The price sounds better than expected, we shall see.  He sounds very experienced with all kinds of slide repairs.  If we go with them, it won’t be until early December.  

Kevin and June

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Kevin, glad to hear the good(?) news. Take care, and hope ya heal quickly.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

7 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Kevin, you are not that far away from us, about 130 miles. Hope everything goes OK with the doctor visit and the arm heals OK. As far as the trailer goes, I can feel the pain, we had both bedroom slides replaced last year on our DRV.

David,

I would like to know who hasn’t had the bedroom slide floors replaced. 
On our old 2014 Atlanta we did both as well, and this was pre Thor. 

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg

On 11/16/2020 at 7:36 PM, GlennWest said:

We had problems with flooring rotting in our DRV. What I found was no sealant under the trim. Trim was put on dry and sealed afterwards.

That seems to be the case with ours also.  One very thin fragile bead of caulk on top of the plastic angle.  Ends barely inside the flap seal.

Kevin and June

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

10 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Kevin, you are not that far away from us, about 130 miles. Hope everything goes OK with the doctor visit and the arm heals OK. As far as the trailer goes, I can feel the pain, we had both bedroom slides replaced last year on our DRV.

Thanks!  Since you all have been so kind, I will update with some good news for a change, the new doc appointment went well yesterday.  We liked the office and the location works well for us since it’s in Smyrna near the son and DIL.  The high elbow cast came off!  Now about 3 weeks in a wrist brace then the pins come out.

We are at Texas T campground this week, maybe next, depends.  Cornersville, TN.

Kevin and June

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

18 minutes ago, chief916 said:

Hey Kevin safe travels and heal up.  Take care.

Ben....chief 916.

Thank you Ben!  Stay away from the I840 around Nashville!!!  If there is any justice, those responsible for that road will have fleas and worse for generations.  🤬🤬🤬

Kevin and June

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

23 hours ago, Sculptor said:

Thank you Ben!  Stay away from the I840 around Nashville!!!  If there is any justice, those responsible for that road will have fleas and worse for generations.  🤬🤬🤬

LOL i sure will my friend.  Give a shout out from time to time to let all of us know how you are all are making out.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/14/2020 at 7:43 PM, rickeieio said:

So, Kevin.....  Last time we saw you, you had your arm in a sling and were waiting to see if you'd have surgery in Hutch, or have to go home.  Did all turn out okay, and are you on the mend?  

Just wondering........

Just a small FYI, they took the pins out of my wrist yesterday.  I will presumably be able endorsing checks again very soon.  😉
I am moved by the concern and helpful friends here.  Thank you so much!

I was able to visit another RV repair in Lebanon, TN.  We got a nice little tour and detailed description of how our slide floor would be repaired.  We have not scheduled yet, but will probably go with this place.

Lebanon RV Repair in Lebanon, TN.  Anyone have any recommendations for, or against?  Thanks in advance.

Kevin and June

2014 DRV 36TKSB3