Jump to content
BlaineM

My HDT Hauler Conversion

Recommended Posts

going to single it at 230" put a hauler bed on it for smart car, generator and water tank, ET hitch in the rear and side skirts with boxes, rear facing led back lights, and a hitch camera. Putting BluDot braking system on DRV camper for better proportioned braking, (thanks to Henry Szmyt for the suggestion)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mine was a similar wheelbase, I ended up with a pair of cameras; one on the hitch and a second on the back of the cab so I could watch whatever was riding on the deck, worked out great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlaineM said:

That's a great Idea I may add a camera on top the cab also

We also did a portable winch which mounted in a stake pocket of the deck (enabled us to winch a smart car / quads / side by side on from the side vs having to drive them up).  I'm pretty sure it saved a fair amount of machine and bodily injury from happening.

ūüėÉ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like you have a nice project, and a VERY nice shop in which to work.

So, where're ya located? Have you been to any rallies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, steiny93 said:

mine was a similar wheelbase, I ended up with a pair of cameras; one on the hitch and a second on the back of the cab so I could watch whatever was riding on the deck, worked out great

I have the same. High on the cab looking down and the hitch camera. Makes backing up a breeze, and bob-tail, I can watch the tail-gaters.

Mine is 210" WB, and the bed build starts next week. I think I will keep it duals on the drives...for now. I did extend the bed 25" to accommodate a Wing, trike, Smart, ???.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Looks like you have a nice project, and a VERY nice shop in which to work.

So, where're ya located? Have you been to any rallies?

Thanks, No rally's yet I am a newbie, I am in Hartville Ohio in between Akron and Canton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, after I posted, I though to look at your profile.  It plainly said where you are hiding.  We're just west of Cincy, so if your passing through......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the camera high on the back of the cab but with the Smart on board I could not see the hitch so I moved it to the front of the hitch. Then I put a second camera on the back of the 5er. Now I'm covered for hitching up and to see behind while towing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Yeah, after I posted, I though to look at your profile.  It plainly said where you are hiding.  We're just west of Cincy, so if your passing through......

definitely, try to remember that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2020 at 8:49 PM, BlaineM said:

Thanks, No rally's yet I am a newbie, I am in Hartville Ohio in between Akron and Canton

Hi Blaine,

Nice to see someone else from northeast Ohio. I'm in Canton myself. Nice looking shop. Maybe some day we might meet up.

Good luck with your truck,¬† ¬† ¬†Welcome to the forum.¬†ūüėĀ
Al

Edited by alan0043

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Blaine,

Nice to see someone else from northeast Ohio. I'm in Canton myself. Nice looking shop. Maybe some day we might meet up.

Good luck with your truck,¬† ¬† ¬†Welcome to the forum.¬†ūüėĀ
Al

Thanks Al, do you have an HDT hauler yourself. Maybe after we get this truck done we can meet up somewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BlaineM said:

Thanks Al, do you have an HDT hauler yourself. Maybe after we get this truck done we can meet up somewhere. 

Hi Blaine,

I have 2012 Volvo VNL 630. It's white in color. I choose to keep the truck tandem. I know of a fellow up your way that I use to work with that has a metal working shop not to far from Congress Lake. It's been a few years since I have seen him. I think his shop could be still open. He does great work. Maybe some day we could meet up. Please keep us updated on your truck.

Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Blaine,

I have 2012 Volvo VNL 630. It's white in color. I choose to keep the truck tandem. I know of a fellow up your way that I use to work with that has a metal working shop not to far from Congress Lake. It's been a few years since I have seen him. I think his shop could be still open. He does great work. Maybe some day we could meet up. Please keep us updated on your truck.

Al

Thats cool, email me some pics of your rig when you get a second. Would love to see it. blainemiller1@gmail.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2020 at 1:24 PM, BlaineM said:

Thats cool, email me some pics of your rig when you get a second. Would love to see it. blainemiller1@gmail.com

Hi Blaine,

I want to let you know that I saw your post. It could be a couple of days before I send you some pictures.

I hope your build is going good.
Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blaine   Really nic looking truck and a great shop. The horizontal drill motor with the long reach is used to drill holes thru the frame to the other side? Or what. Just wondering what its used for. Keep up the good work. And keep the pictures coming.   Pat

 

 

The Old Sailor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2020 at 7:44 PM, JPL said:

Blaine   Really nic looking truck and a great shop. The horizontal drill motor with the long reach is used to drill holes thru the frame to the other side? Or what. Just wondering what its used for. Keep up the good work. And keep the pictures coming.   Pat

 

 

The Old Sailor

Hey Pat, ya we used it dril frame bolts when we singled the truck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

RVers Online University

campgroundviews.com

Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.

DFW RV Roof

RVAir The cleanest air in RVing!

Rv Share

Dish For My RV.

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.

The Rvers- Now Streaming

AGS Now Hiring

RV Pet Safety

RVTravel.com Logo



×
×
  • Create New...