Careful When Burning Toilet Paper

2gypsies

That's as biodegradable as it gets. Bury should have been a no-brainer. If he claims no shovel, in that part of the country he could have rolled a good size rock and barely buried it in a shallow trench and rolled the big rock back over it so none showed. Safe, no smell, and it would still degrade after a few dozen days or weeks. But like the mask wearers he probably thought his rights were infringed.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

What I don't understand is why he was treating the toilet paper differently from what he was, uh, using the toilet paper for.  Which makes me think he was just leaving it wherever it landed instead of burying it or packing it out.  Nice.

An AP story also says this:

Grabarek said they tried to alert others but quickly realized the need to flee the area. He said he and his wife hiked out quickly and didn’t tell anyone he started the fire, the court documents state.

Grabarek said he initially lied when a National Park Service law enforcement officer asked him about the fire more than a week later.

“I did so because I was afraid and because I was embarrassed and ashamed of what I had done,” he said in the court documents. “Later, I did admit to starting the fire.”

Heh.  He's got a unique name, which will live forever in internet searches. 

On 9/16/2020 at 12:13 PM, hemsteadc said:

I wonder if he knew the wind was blowing. Unfortunately, most fires are started by us.

California still has not released the name of the people who held a reveal party and started the biggest fire in the state.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

20 minutes ago, hemsteadc said:

it up, but what the heck is a gender reveal party?

It is the latest fad where an expecting couple throw a big party to announce the gender of the expected child. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

It has actually been going on for about ten years now. Started simply with cutting a cake to reveal blue or pink, popping a balloon with blue/pink powder, piñata, etc.   But has moved on (in some circles) to big events with explosions of colored fireworks, smoke, etc.  

No longer cool to just say "We're having a boy/girl". 

Edited by mptjelgin

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

2 hours ago, mptjelgin said:

It has actually been going on for about ten years now. Started simply with cutting a cake to reveal blue or pink, popping a balloon with blue/pink powder, piñata, etc.   But has moved on (in some circles) to big events with explosions of colored fireworks, smoke, etc.  

No longer cool to just say "We're having a boy/girl". 

Whatever the sex, the parents will be paying for that party for many years, in more ways than rearing.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Arizona had a massive fire by a gender reveal party.  An off-duty Border Patrol officer was charged.  Note all the high grass around the explosive.  Dumb. Dumb.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/27/us/arizona-gender-reveal-party-sawmill-wildfire-trnd/index.html

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

20 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

Arizona had a massive fire by a gender reveal party.  An off-duty Border Patrol officer was charged.  Note all the high grass around the explosive.  Dumb. Dumb.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/27/us/arizona-gender-reveal-party-sawmill-wildfire-trnd/index.html

The 8 million dollar fine makes for an expensive party.

On 9/18/2020 at 8:14 PM, mptjelgin said:

It has actually been going on for about ten years now. Started simply with cutting a cake to reveal blue or pink, popping a balloon with blue/pink powder, piñata, etc.   

The woman who is credited with popularizing the trend (with a cake, and reporting on it in her blog in 2008) is now disavowing it.  In the irony department, according to an interview with the mother on The Daily Show, the girl whose gender started all this doesn't appear to be conforming to gender norms.

44 minutes ago, Blues said:

The woman who is credited with popularizing the trend (with a cake, and reporting on it in her blog in 2008) is now disavowing it.  In the irony department, according to an interview with the mother on The Daily Show, the girl whose gender started all this doesn't appear to be conforming to gender norms.

Speaking of irony, the fact that she is quoted as saying ""Stop having these stupid parties. For the love of God, stop burning things down to tell everyone about your kid's penis. No one cares but you," is interesting as her "claim to fame" is having started the trend to begin with. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

30 minutes ago, mptjelgin said:

Speaking of irony, the fact that she is quoted as saying ""Stop having these stupid parties. For the love of God, stop burning things down to tell everyone about your kid's penis. No one cares but you," is interesting as her "claim to fame" is having started the trend to begin with. 

I doubt she started it as a way to fame, especially since it was 12 years ago.  I think it was a clever idea that she came up with, and she shared it, and the internet doing what the internet does, it spiraled completely out of control. 

I actually see her as an "authority" on this--she's seen what her little cake idea morphed into and is horrified by it.  Kind of like how I wish Mark Zuckerberg felt about Facebook.  😀