More information about after effects of covid19

Kirk W

Evidence slowly building for long-term heart problems post-COVID-19

Coronaviruses spread primarily through material released when we breathe, and they cause respiratory symptoms. And SARS-CoV-2, with part of its name coming from "severe acute respiratory syndrome," didn't appear to be an exception. But as time went on, additional symptoms became clear—loss of smell, digestive-tract issues—and these weren't likely to be due to infection of the respiratory tract. And over time, what also became apparent is that the symptoms didn't necessarily fade when the virus was cleared.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Corona means new/not seen before. This is a learn as we go experience, for EVERYONE. I think the medical community has done an outstanding job during this pandemic. Today the Surgeon General told the states to be ready for a November release of a vaccine, just-in-case.

While they are doing their best, I'll continue trying to do my best to follow their advice, and  await further guidance. Contracting COVID-19 has very serious effects on the human body.

The latest death statistics; Total U.S.A. population as of 8/3/20 = 330,052,960, total deaths from COVID-19 as of 8/29/20 = 172,884. If my math is correct, that is  0.052% of the USA population is attributed to dying from COVID-19.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

"Only if we end the pandemic everywhere can we end the pandemic anywhere. The entire world has the same goal: cases of COVID-19 need to go to zero."

What is the global situation now?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

10 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

The latest death statistics; Total U.S.A. population as of 8/3/20 = 330,052,960, total deaths from COVID-19 as of 8/29/20 = 172,884. If my math is correct, that is  0.052% of the USA population is attributed to dying from COVID-19.

Making it the #3 cause of death in the US, according to the CDC.

1 hour ago, remoandiris said:

Making it the #3 cause of death in the US, according to the CDC.

And if we add another 200,000 deaths by end of year (current estimate) it will be close to overtaking cancer deaths.

Seeing pictures already of people "party - hearty"  parties, don't portend well for what we will start seeing in 2 weeks.   I will never understand why people work so hard against their own best interests.  Sigh

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

4 hours ago, Kirk W said:

"Only if we end the pandemic everywhere can we end the pandemic anywhere. The entire world has the same goal: cases of COVID-19 need to go to zero."

What is the global situation now?

That is a very informative chart/graph, thanks Kirk. It appears the U.S.A. is on the downside of the bell curve, hope it remains that direction.

Side note; yesterday Northeastern University had police shut down a party in a hotel after a university newspaper reporter posted a picture from the hotel room. The university expelled 11 students, and will not return their $35,000 tuition for this semester.  That should send a strong message to the rest of the students, and their parents.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

1 hour ago, Barbaraok said:

And if we add another 200,000 deaths by end of year (current estimate) it will be close to overtaking cancer deaths.

Not quite.  Cancer is almost 600,000 per year, but I think your point is some people are making decisions without thinking of the consequences.  And that appears to be true.  

2 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

That is a very informative chart/graph, thanks Kirk. It appears the U.S.A. is on the downside of the bell curve, hope it remains that direction.

Side note; yesterday Northeastern University had police shut down a party in a hotel after a university newspaper reporter posted a picture from the hotel room. The university expelled 11 students, and will not return their $35,000 tuition for this semester.  That should send a strong message to the rest of the students, and their parents.

They were all in a special study-aboard program and were being put up in the hotel prior to departing for overseas (quarantine ahead, etc.).   It is a very LIMITED number of students who get to do it and therefore, they university had already committed to the costs of these students overseas and other students who would have followed the rules didn't get the chance.   I can't feel sorry for them, both they and their parents KNEW ahead of time what would happen if they broke the rules - the university had sent out reminders before they ever came to school.   Transition to being and adult is hard for a lot of students.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

13 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

Corona means new/not seen before.

Not in this context. Corona virus was coined (before Covid-19 appeared) because of conceptual similarities with our model of our Sun.  The properties and processes of the the interior of our Sun appear to be much different than those at the surface.  So too, with Corona viruses.  Corona virus cores are surrounded by "spikes",  which were thought to be analogous to our Sun's corona.

Not a big deal, but no need to perpetuate a misunderstanding about the reason for calling this class of viruses Corona.

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

7 hours ago, DanZemke said:

Not in this context. Corona virus was coined (before Covid-19 appeared) because of conceptual similarities with our model of our Sun.  The properties and processes of the the interior of our Sun appear to be much different than those at the surface.  So too, with Corona viruses.  Corona virus cores are surrounded by "spikes",  which were thought to be analogous to our Sun's corona.

Not a big deal, but no need to perpetuate a misunderstanding about the reason for calling this class of viruses Corona.

Thanks for educating me Dan. I got that from the WHO website.

On 9/6/2020 at 12:35 AM, Ray,IN said:

Ray,

In retrospect, my prior response to your post does look a bit like a lecture.  Sorry.

I checked the WHO website, Wikipedia and several dictionaries.  I googled "what does corona mean" and "does corona mean new".  Alas, nothing I could find said anything like "Corona means new/not seen before".

My suspicion is that something on the WHO website was poorly written, and said something like: "the novel corona virus means it's a new infection type for humans".

In any case, I meant no offense.

Dan

Dan did say out of context and he wouldn't know if someone has been to the WHO site or anywhere else.  I thought Novel meant new and also had heard it meant unknown before by specific strain. Not that this makes any darn difference much to the layman.

I think Dan may be a technical kind of guy.  Often the kind of guy you want dealing with an issue but please please please don't explain it in detail.😀

Since stuff here come out "flat", I could think Ray was being sarcastic funny, or just sarcastic. Ain't always easy to tell.

'

On 9/6/2020 at 12:35 AM, Ray,IN said:

OK, I clearly failed to communicate what I intended, to multiple people.  So here's a more concise version of my original intent:  

"Corona" does not mean new or not seen before, regardless of any contrary statement on the www.who.int website.

1 hour ago, DanZemke said:

OK, I clearly failed to communicate what I intended, to multiple people.  So here's a more concise version of my original intent:  

"Corona" does not mean new or not seen before, regardless of any contrary statement on the www.who.int website.

Maybe this will help :

corona

[ kuh-roh-nuh ]SHOW IPA

noun, plural co·ro·nas, co·ro·nae  [kuh-roh-nee].

a white or colored circle or set of concentric circles of light seen around a luminous body, especially around the sun or moon.
Meteorology. such a circle or set of circles having a small radius and ranging in color from blue inside to red outside, attributable to the diffraction caused by thin clouds, mist, or sometimes dust (distinguished from halo).
Also called au·re·o·la  [aw-ree-uh-luh, uh-ree-], aureole. Astronomy. a faintly luminous envelope outside of the sun's chromosphere, the inner part consisting of highly ionized elements.
a long, straight, untapered cigar, rounded at the closed end.
Botany. a crownlike appendage, especially one on the inner side of a corolla, as in the narcissus.
Anatomy. the upper portion or crown of a part, as of the head.

Goes around , comes around .

In my younger days, I used to enjoy Corona. And particularly enjoyed several trips with friends to Rosarito Beach.  Later in life, I tried brewing my own ale/beer, but after a few years, decided it took more time than I was willing to devote.  Still, pleasant memories.

Yes.  Even more as heart muscle damage is believed to occur.

‘Carnage’ in a lab dish shows how the coronavirus may damage the heart

Source: https://www.statnews.com/2020/09/04/carnage-in-lab-dish-shows-how-coronavirus-may-damage-heart/?fbclid=IwAR2NFqFGN6SXV4U7Xput3BOjt7TxaLLyACbTzWl_9ojsVp41YNcfurEwYUI

And the article was sourced from: https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.08.25.265561v1

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

16 minutes ago, DanZemke said:

I preferred Dos Equis too.  My favorite was a Belgian Ale, but it was too expensive for anything other than a rare splurge, back in the days of school when any type of food was my primary concern.

😎😎

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

14 hours ago, DanZemke said:

Ray,

In retrospect, my prior response to your post does look a bit like a lecture.  Sorry.

I checked the WHO website, Wikipedia and several dictionaries.  I googled "what does corona mean" and "does corona mean new".  Alas, nothing I could find said anything like "Corona means new/not seen before".

My suspicion is that something on the WHO website was poorly written, and said something like: "the novel corona virus means it's a new infection type for humans".

In any case, I meant no offense.

Dan

None taken Dan, again thanks for educating me. I do think that was the way what I read was written. The written word makes communicating more difficult than speaking face to face. Often when composing a reply, my high school English teacher pops into my mind.

For the first 4 months of this pandemic Corona Beer fought a publicity battle to disassociate themselves from this SARS-CoV-2.

Edited by Ray,IN

Actually this is a better link

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/types.html

There are at least 4 other coronaviruses that have been identified in animals that have the potential of mutating enough to jump to humans.  Covid-19 was also identified some years ago as an animal virus that might jump, but funding for further research was stopped. 

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834