Getting closer..

Jaydrvr

Nice.  Who did the paint.  This is something I want to do to my truck eventually.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

5 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Nice.  Who did the paint.  This is something I want to do to my truck eventually.

Chad, the paint was done by the Ocala office of Mickey Truck Body.   http://www.mickeybody.com/ I know nothing of their other locations, but this location treated me exceptionally well. Very happy with the overall experience. Great people! Jay

Edited by Jaydrvr

Howdy Jay,

Lookin good, real  good.:D

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

3 minutes ago, JPL said:

Jay   When I was looking for a truck (2010-11) I saw one exactly like yours in Alabama. I just wondered where it came from. Nice paint really changes the look. In your case it made it shine!   Pat

The Old Sailor

Thanks, Pat. If you're not familiar with those trucks, they were from the Watkins fleet out of Lakeland, FL.  They were mostly single axles, as they ran doubles. They would sell off the five year or million mile trucks every spring.  In '06, the Watkins line was sold to FedEx and those Volvos eventually dried up. I bought my '99 in '04. It's been a great truck and now we'll get to enjoy it in front of our fiver. Jay

4 hours ago, Jaydrvr said:

Thanks, Dave. I know it's not a Pete, but we really like it. Jay

Howdy Jay,

The important thing is if your truck suits your needs and YOUR happy with it that’s all that matters.  We jest with each other but it is truly in jest, well all except Jim and his Western Star and Aaron and his Volvo, I camp with those folks so teasing each other is just part of the round the campfire laughter.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

8 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Jay,

The important thing is if your truck suits your needs and YOUR happy with it that’s all that matters.  We jest with each other but it is truly in jest, well all except Jim and his Western Star and Aaron and his Volvo, I camp with those folks so teasing each other is just part of the round the campfire laughter.

Dave

Hey Dave,

You're definitely right about the fun and value of friends poking a little good natured fun at each other, especially in a year when so many seem to have lost their sense of humor. We all have different paths to our perfect toys, but it's quite satisfying when we arrive. In the end, it's friends and family that truly matter... But we still enjoy our toys. 

Jay

Jay,

Your truck looks great!!!      

Regarding the comments about different trucks etc.     Life would be rather boring if every one did and had the same thing.    Diversity IS what makes forums like this so special, we all have a common interest.    We express that in various ways with unique solutions and, ingenuity.      It is always fun to see the transformation or metamorphosis of truck into a RV hauler.      

Steve  

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

1 hour ago, Steve from SoCal said:

Jay,

Your truck looks great!!!      

Regarding the comments about different trucks etc.     Life would be rather boring if every one did and had the same thing.    Diversity IS what makes forums like this so special, we all have a common interest.    We express that in various ways with unique solutions and, ingenuity.      It is always fun to see the transformation or metamorphosis of truck into a RV hauler.      

Steve  

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the compliment. I completely agree with you on the great value of variety and diversity in general, as well as on this forum. I personally get bored with the same ole, same ole, and I really enjoy watching others make way with their projects. My truck has been work only until recently and I'm having fun prepping it for more relaxing duty. It now matches our Newmar Kountry Aire exactly. The paint shop ended up ordering the exact paint from Newmar so it matches. Very exciting!

Jay

Edited by Jaydrvr