copper

Wrknrvr

11 hours ago, Wrknrvr said:

So I copied my statement (copper and viruses)

this one such the sites I found to read

://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC195916/

it mite not be true?,,,,     Vern

note the date it was written 

It was written Dec, 1993. Science has came a long way in the past 27 years IMO.  From reading the pages, my impression is the presence of peroxide with copper or iron greatly increased the destruction of bacteria and virus'. That IMO, leaves the efficacy of copper or iron questionable today, as peroxide alone kills bacteria and virus'. That paper is above my knowledge level, but that- I did understand.

Peroxide cannot be ingested in quantity to kill bacteria or virus' because it can also kill the host/you; copper is the same.

Sprinkle copper sulfate around a tree/plant and it dies. If you have tree roots growing into your septic tank field, flush copper sulfate down the toilet to kill the tree roots, and likely the tree.

What I'm saying is, copper is not to be treated lightly when humans are the subject. Ever put a penny in your mouth as a child? Remember the bitter acidic taste?

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

With the situation we are in now with the virus, just has me thinking.  

Without the Wright brothers we may not be in this situation as we are. Ships travel slow enough that some would be lost at sea from sickness overwhelming the people on board.

Then we have the net.   Some good and some bad stuff just a click away from your eyes.

Just looking back in our life span on the planet for why these viruses that affect humans have just appeared in our life time.

just thinking,    Vern

25 minutes ago, Wrknrvr said:

Just looking back in our life span on the planet for why these viruses that affect humans have just appeared in our life time.

just thinking,    Vern

I can't tell if you're serious or just pulling our legs.  Viruses and bacterial diseases have been killing mankind by the hundreds of millions for centuries.  Just in recent history of our nation, entire indigenous communities were wiped out by Europeans bringing disease over to America on ships.

I am serious about what I am talking about. I am busy with other stuff so I am sorta limited on research time on the net.

I do have some other info on viruses and copper research that has been done previously to covid19. It is on the net.

Vern

For a clarification of life span.   I am thinking the last 75 years. It seams to me (and probably just me) that from 1980 or so the planet has seen several viruses that affect humans more seriously than previous viruses.

I better quit thinking,     Vern

53 minutes ago, Wrknrvr said:

For a clarification of life span.   I am thinking the last 75 years. It seams to me (and probably just me) that from 1980 or so the planet has seen several viruses that affect humans more seriously than previous viruses.

I better quit thinking,     Vern

It only appears that there are more viruses because news about what is happening in any place in the world is available 24/7.   And with better medical treatment all of the time, more people are surviving diseases and around to talk about it.   Ebola use to be isolated cases in a village where someone would have gotten it, got sick & died, villagers take care of body, contract the disease and soon the whole village is wiped out, but no one was around to notice it.    HIV was in the background in places but then air travel became cheap and a flight attendant became infected, flew into the US and infected a few people and the epidemic was on.  Small pox use to kill millions, now it is forgotten.   Polio was a scourge - I can remember the fear that would great an area in the summer when a case was found in a community.  It might make a comeback because of antivaxers.    Think about all of the physicians who have never seen a case of chickenpox or measles or mumps - at least they hadn't until the craziness of the antivax crowd.   Those are again on the rise.  

And your assertion that the viruses are worse than they were in history is just wrong.  Chicken pox almost wiped out the Hawaiians when it was introduced by sailors.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

13 hours ago, noteven said:

It’s easier to beat egg whites to a peak with a stainless steel whisk in a copper bowl vs stainless, plastic, or glass.

12 hours ago, durangodon said:

Do they really hold competitions for these sorts of activities?

Competition? I don't know.  Could be. Not something I would pay much attention to. 

I learned this from a baking instructor.  The copper ions acting on the protein molecules during the whiskering have something to with the process. 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Vern, it is ok to ask questions.  It took a while to figure out that you were wondering about the anti-pathogens properties of a copper surface, not ingesting something as a ‘magic cure’.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

3 hours ago, bobsallyh said:

Vern, don't keep your thoughts to yourself. You have been thru the "School of Hard Knocks". Keep em coming!

x2. I'm glad to see an HDTer branching out to talk to the rest of us. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

On 8/15/2020 at 8:29 AM, Wrknrvr said:

There are viruses that we live with that has been around possible centuries. But if your look at when certain viruses that really are problems to the human race. That have appeared since humans have used plastic instead of copper plumbing (copper has been known for centuries to keep water better than other storage containers).

HIV showed up about 1980. Not sure of that date. Then Ebola, Sars and I think it is Mers.

I took your advice and thought about it, and researched the issue a bit.

I think you are confusing the time when humans discovered viruses with the times when viruses existed.  Viruses have been with us for centuries and have been killing folks on a regular basis for a long time.  Plant viruses were first discovered at the end of the 19th century.  Spanish influenza killed millions 1918-1920.  The virus itself was not discovered until the 1930's.

We see greater problems from viruses in recent years because of global travel.  An example is  MERS which made a viral jump from camels to humans in Arabia and was first identified in 2012.  It traveled outside of the Arabian Pennisula due to international travel (Korea 2015).

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

As a follow up, copper definitely can be used to deal with viruses.  High contact surfaces such as door knobs, table tops and the like made of copper will kill viruses in short order.

Check out this article from The Smithsonian,

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/copper-virus-kill-180974655/

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ