Good Sam Road Service- Platinum required?

ARGO

Just got my love letter from Marcus. Note at bottom says Platinum membership required for fifth wheels. Now, I don't think I have Platinum, but I've about enough of Mr. Lemon-is and his ploys. Anybody else get this? Any HDT owners using anybody else successfully? 

You'd have to see the movie to understand..........

Howdy!

Coach Net. I dumped GS ERS years ago after they cost me a $2,000.00 towing bill. CN has been good to me. Towed my MDT on a couple of occasions. Once in Newfoundland and also in Alaska. They also sent out two tow trucks one for our 5er and another for the MDT. Only questions asked was where we wanted to be towed to. CN might cost a little more but I’ve got what I paid for. I do aid for the premium CN service.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon 

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

24 minutes ago, ARGO said:

I'll call them & make sure they will cover an HDT.

Be careful and make sure of just what you get there also. I used to be a Coach Net customer but changed to the Safe-Ride program to Escapees after friends or ours had Coach Net refuse to cover towing of their dualy truck when it broke down because the fifth wheel was not attached at the time. They home base in Crossville, TN and had driven the truck to Nashville and broke down in route home. That happened about 8 months ago. They were told that they had the wrong policy to cover the truck alone. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We've had Coach Net since we started.  They towed the car from downtown Seattle out to Ballard without batting and eye even though it wasn't attached to the motorhome when it broke down.  We've had more calls about the car - well the old car now - than we had for the motorhome.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I have Good Sam Platinum and have been happy with it.  It covers any vehicle I am in, whether I own it or not.  I have had them tow my HDT when the ECM died.  I was in the middle of nowhere.  They towed it two counties away to the shop of my choice with no questions asked.  I’ll continue to renew with them.  That tow alone probably cost 10-15 years of premiums to Good Sam.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

We have had GS platinum since 2008. Had to have platinum even then to get HDT covered. 

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

Yes you do need the Platinum plan .I called to see what we had and our plan was expired so we got the platinum plan it is on sale right now at 50% off the yearly rate. We have never had a problem with GS.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Not sure I was  a new member or not our membership had expired by a couple  of months , my bad. The membership number is the same as the one that expired. There was no mention of new membership status in our conversation with GS.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.