Keep Your Eyes Open - Stolen Tractor

Dennis M

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

Hope they find it.  Hope he also had good insurance.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

Damn, sorry to hear about anyone loosing their truck. But that is why I plan to have a Ravelco installed on my HDT. It's cheap peace of mind.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Phil,

Are you done as a deputy?

How is the Ravelco different than a Lowjack?

Steve

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

I have a Cyclops in my Jeep Wrangler. Probably just as effective and cheaper. Never thought of one for the Volvo, never thought of a 20 year old truck being that vulnerable.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

Ravelco claims 43 years and 5 million installs with zero defeats. That's the one I want. Hehe

Steve, I'm currently on vacation, working a side job near the site of the chemical plant fire we had. They are paying stoopid money, so I'm kinda double dipping for a while. I've been here for 25 days so far, working 12s and 16s. I've got 4 more weeks of vacation and comp time so when it's done, so am I. I'll go back to work for 1 week to turn in my stuff and I'm done.

2014 smart Fortwo

1 hour ago, Big5er said:

Ravelco claims 43 years and 5 million installs with zero defeats. That's the one I want. Hehe

Steve, I'm currently on vacation, working a side job near the site of the chemical plant fire we had. They are paying stoopid money, so I'm kinda double dipping for a while. I've been here for 25 days so far, working 12s and 16s. I've got 4 more weeks of vacation and comp time so when it's done, so am I. I'll go back to work for 1 week to turn in my stuff and I'm done.

Phil, I will be joining you on May 15th, retiring from full time and will work part time for a few months to train my replacement! Looking forward to getting out on the road more often. 

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Thanks y'all.

Congrats Dave. I'm looking forward to a trip to see the grandkids. 

2014 smart Fortwo

On 4/14/2019 at 4:21 AM, Big5er said:

Unless my math is wrong you are going to miss the April 26 retirement date. That's OK also as long as you are going . And pulling down Stupid money is always good.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Almost bet that truck has been stripped by now. Been a lot of trucks stolen around there over the years. Most times, its a guy with a bad engine. They work for Spot and Steal. Get the items there truck needs. Then the rest is left for the owner to find. Hope they find it before that happens.

My uncles 1976 KW got stolen around there also. They found it later, interior was stripped. Engine, new tires, 18 speed and rears were gone. Plus a Million in drugs, he was hauling for Drug store warehouses back then.

Company truck I was driving. They tried to steal in 1986, but did not get out of the parking lot. Company put in a schrader valve in every truck. Under the seat, you crack the valve. And truck would run out of fuel fast. Had to prime the old 350 Cummins a few times. That I forgot to close the valve. But the company never lost a truck with that little trick.

event.png

Archived