Teton Landing Gear Inquiry

rpsinc

Need to replace the landing gear on the 39' Grand.  Hydraulic exists but not opposed to converting to electric but wondering about capacity.  These look to be 2.5" square tube mounted in a double clamp assembly.  Would like to do a direct replacement but can do some fabricating as well to retrofit another type.

Anyone done this or have information as to what I can look at.  Have looked up HWH-no hyd, LCI-only offer Level Up-not really the BEST option, StrombergCarlson-no hyd but electric is rated at most 5500#-not sure I would feel right about that, seems underrated.

Marcel

Looking for as direct a replacement as I can find.  Big Foot is a very good option and I have a system that I will be installing on my coach, BUT, this situation requires something more direct replacement.

I am not sure what kind of weight that this will require.  Design specs are hard to find so far.

Marcel

My factory front landing gear (LCI electric) was rated for 5K lbs total. With a heavy pin weight, 4200lbs, I 

was constantly blowing the inline fuse. I finally installed the bigfoot system, which is 12K each!! just

for the front landing gear. So pleased with the new system. I have the 6 point version

Kim and Betsy

2017 F450 Lariat

2017 Arctic Fox 35-5Z

50 minutes ago, nwtraveler said:

My factory front landing gear (LCI electric) was rated for 5K lbs total. With a heavy pin weight, 4200lbs, I 

was constantly blowing the inline fuse. I finally installed the bigfoot system, which is 12K each!! just

for the front landing gear. So pleased with the new system. I have the 6 point version

I think the pin weight on Tetons is a bit more than that.  I have a call in to Quadra to see what they can offer.

Marcel

On 12/8/2018 at 3:10 PM, Consolenut said:

Opposite view. My jack feet pivot east to west not north and south. I'm wondering now whose gear it is

IMG_20181208_170822_01~01.jpg

That is what I have on my 08 33' Experience but on his 39' Royal, cheesy LCI 2" gear.  I dont like it but its not my decision to make.

Marcel

On 12/8/2018 at 3:10 PM, Consolenut said:

Opposite view. My jack feet pivot east to west not north and south. I'm wondering now whose gear it is

IMG_20181208_170822_01~01.jpg

I have never seen any that have the feet pivoting side to side, they always pivoted front to back. That looks like a bigfoot leveler. Inside the tube is a hydraulic piston that is doing the raising and lowering. 

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 4:11 PM, rpsinc said:

That is what I have on my 08 33' Experience but on his 39' Royal, cheesy LCI 2" gear.  I dont like it but its not my decision to make.

Decision was made and I'm installing a Big Foot 4 point with 24" rear jacks, full auto.

Marcel

• 3 weeks later...

Archived