East Coast Rally Rumor

SuiteSuccess

On 10/16/2018 at 7:10 AM, SuiteSuccess said:

Thank you all for the remarks.  Wasn’t fishing for compliments, just wanted to set the record straight and dispel any rumors.  

Aimee and I are happy to help out. Maybe we can have a time for everyone to discuss what is needed, how it works and what help is needed. Then we can train the next generation to take over? 

Shannon and Aimee

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

35 minutes ago, lockmup68 said:

Aimee and I are happy to help out. Maybe we can have a time for everyone to discuss what is needed, how it works and what help is needed. Then we can train the next generation to take over? 

Shannon and Aimee

Thanks

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Thanks for all you do for sure. Marilyn and I hope to make it this spring.

You have to watch those rumors for sure. Couple of weeks ago, while my pickup was burning. The local City cop pulled up. Asked me ( Do you know Rhonda) I told him yes sister in law, cousin and others. He told me no that was not it. He was told a couple of minutes before. I had been cheating on Rhonda, she had burned my truck. 🔥

Not sure who she is, but wrong truck. Wrong person, but it was all over town in 15 minutes. Then later some were  saying I was missing. As they could not find me, and was in the truck when it burned. :angry:

Sad when I had been driving the truck 35 minutes before it caught on Fire. And it burst into flames when I got out of it. Even made the front page of our local paper..

Headline   HOT WHEEl'S..

event.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2018 at 2:53 PM, SuiteSuccess said:

Apologies to Gail and Steve during the National Rally,  but I have been contacted twice already about a rumor spreading at the National that Donna and I were no longer going to organize the ECR.  We have been doing the Rally for almost 10 years and have seen it grow exponentially which is great.  With that growth has come greater workload and greater responsibility which can be tiring.  We have some wonderful friends who always pitch in but health and personal matters can make their attendance unpredictable.  As she and I age we began exploring with friends and acquaintances if anyone had an interest in assuming our roles IN THE NEAR FUTURE that maybe were younger and more energetic and could inject differing ideas into the Rally.  So far no one has expressed interest in assuming that role.  We enjoy the rallies and have truly met some wonderful folks and have made our closest and lifelong friends through the rallies, so we are invested in the ECR continuing so others may do the same.  

I try to be discreet but now is the time to get this off my chest.  Over the last several years we have had several “incidents” occurring prior to and during the ECR which negatively impacted the Rally.  If you have a beef with someone coming to the Rally because you feel they dissed you because of a truck/trailer  or because you just don’t like them, either settle it beforehand or don’t come!  We don’t need or want the stress.  We consider the Rally a family affair.

So in conclusion NOTHING with the ECR is changing at present.  It will occur as scheduled in the spring God willing.  Donna, I, and our friends will try to make it fun and informative.  Registration will open after the National concludes and will be announced.

Carl,

It is good that you got that out in the open.

Rather than barring some of these folks who find it so difficult to play well with others, how about making it a family friendly affair and make an event at the rally where these folks can battle out their differences.   Kinda like Fight Club, only since most folks break easy, let them take advantage of technology and they can sit behind a monitor and have a text battle.  While they sit there lookin like fools, the rest of the group can eat, drink, watch the show and maybe make side wagers.....lol

And for those who can’t text well, there is this option.....https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GQCdJ66e4M4

Just a thought.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

On 11/5/2018 at 11:16 AM, VegasFlyer said:

Carl,

It is good that you got that out in the open.

Rather than barring some of these folks who find it so difficult to play well with others, how about making it a family friendly affair and make an event at the rally where these folks can battle out their differences.   Kinda like Fight Club, only since most folks break easy, let them take advantage of technology and they can sit behind a monitor and have a text battle.  While they sit there lookin like fools, the rest of the group can eat, drink, watch the show and maybe make side wagers.....lol

And for those who can’t text well, there is this option.....https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GQCdJ66e4M4

Just a thought.

Love Flyer's idea we could also do a debate, each side could wear suits ties and get talking points to speak on. Each side could even draw topics they have to debate with the other side Single or Tandem Axel or Super Singles Vs. regular, how much fun would that be, then give points out or maybe a golden gear shift as a trophy.

Later,

Cory O

3 minutes ago, Danandfreda said:

Can someone explain what “light up the night” is for new comers . Plan on attending for the first time in the spring,went to the national rally this year.

On one night everyone participating turns on their truck lights ( not head lights) and folks go around and see the show.  Have to give credit to NTPA Announcer for the idea.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Sounds like a good time. We stopped by last year on our way to Bristol the week before the east coast rally and talked to a few people at one of the campsites. They told us about the national rally and we went and learned a lot. Hope to learn more in the spring lot of good people at the national rally. 

9 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Rumor has it that Carl goes goes commando under his lederhosen during Oktoberfest.

😁😎

Freedom is everything😂.  I’m just wondering how you knew that?🤨

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Ever peek under Hybrid's ever-so-elegant Tu-Tu???  WoW...

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

1 hour ago, adept99 said:

Probably has a Snap-On tattoo.  Not that I care to find out but thought Georgia was known for their peaches, not their peanuts.🤣🤣

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

4 hours ago, adept99 said:

3 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Probably has a Snap-On tattoo.  Not that I care to find out but thought Georgia was known for their peaches, not their peanuts.🤣🤣

Well, you need a long Georgia Red Tu-Tu to hide a big Snap-on wrench :ph34r:

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

UNCLE...I give - I'm out - really did not need that mental image....

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Archived