And so it begins...HDT home, ECR 2019, destination full time.

PaHunter

On 3/8/2018 at 9:01 AM, Brad & Jacolyn said:

Hi PaHunter,

You will get lots of advice here towards the HDT so I'll comment on the going full timing. We are working on 9 years FT and love the lifestyle. I took me 9 months to wittle everything down and dispose of things. This was while my wife was still working everyday. Here are a couple of suggestions:

1) Craigslist is your friend. Be sure to post a picture and ask a reasonable price. AND if someone makes an offer anywhere close to reasonable TAKE IT. Also be aware that you will not get nearly what you think something is worth. It is only worth what someone else thinks it is worth.

2) Depending on what you have to sell joining a consignment auction works. we had antiques and they moved well.

3) DO NOT put anything into storage. I have met several people that put things into storage and came back a year or two later and disposed of everything. They did not remove anything and only managed to pay storage fees.

Brad 

We went the estate sale route. All done in 3 days vs. months of craigslist no shows. It was well worth it and I will say they got way more money out of things than I thought we would. At the end of the three days, they took stuff back to their showroom floor and the rest was donated/given away.

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, lockmup68 said:

We went the estate sale route. All done in 3 days vs. months of craigslist no shows. It was well worth it and I will say they got way more money out of things than I thought we would. At the end of the three days, they took stuff back to their showroom floor and the rest was donated/given away.

That sounds like a very nice way to do it.

Chris  :ph34r:.

Sandpiper 379 FLOK, Volvo 2012 730.

20180525_081811_resizednumber1.jpg

32 minutes ago, PaHunter said:

vYprPzal.jpg

And the search has turned up this...negotiations are currently underway with the dealership.

Nice 👍 

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

On 4/5/2018 at 7:36 PM, PaHunter said:

vYprPzal.jpg

And the search has turned up this...negotiations are currently underway with the dealership.

Hi Pa,

Love the color. Can't miss it going down the road. Wish you the best. Don't be afraid to ask questions on your build.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

1 hour ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Pa,

Love the color. Can't miss it going down the road. Wish you the best. Don't be afraid to ask questions on your build.

Al

I am sure I will have a ton of questions. Of course we are hoping to learn a lot at ECR first. It will take some time, this will be a marathon I am sure, not a sprint. Big thing will be once we buy the truck, getting is set up to tow as we do have some camping trips lined up and will need it for that. So she will be towing with a basic setup for the first few months, maybe even this year. PA (the state) does not let us title them as motorhomes, will have to see if we can get it registered eventually as a private truck, although that too is highly unlikely. PA laws are very antiquated at best.

1 hour ago, PaHunter said:

Just west of Harrisburg.

A couple from this forum, Bandbuds (Jeff and Cindy Brett) have a yellow Volvo, and I believe will spend this summer in Harrisburg. 

Let's see if they stop bye........

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

1 minute ago, rickeieio said:

A couple from this forum, Bandbuds (Jeff and Cindy Brett) have a yellow Volvo, and I believe will spend this summer in Harrisburg. 

Let's see if they stop bye........

Yes, that is cool. We have a few very nice campgrounds in the area. And well always nice to meet new folks.

I have been out checking fluids on everything, checking all the tire pressures, trying to get ready for ECR. Have to load up the food later in the week when temps will stay above freezing. Guess at some point I need to consider packing clothes and the camera equipment.  Would like to wash and wax the truck, but that is not happening.

17 hours ago, PaHunter said:

Just west of Harrisburg.

Ok got it maybe we could plan a meet up some day, we do have stops planned in Lancaster, Catawissa ( Knoebels ) and Gettysburg all before the end of June.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

4 hours ago, dblr said:

Ok got it maybe we could plan a meet up some day, we do have stops planned in Lancaster, Catawissa ( Knoebels ) and Gettysburg all before the end of June.

Absolutely. We are of course closest to Gettysburg, when you roll down from Catawissa, you will be very close, especially if you are coming down Route 15. Carlisle is only about 20 mins from us and of course has all the truck stops located there. We actually have a camping voucher for Gettysburg also. Have to see when we can squeeze that in.

4 hours ago, PaHunter said:

Absolutely. We are of course closest to Gettysburg, when you roll down from Catawissa, you will be very close, especially if you are coming down Route 15. Carlisle is only about 20 mins from us and of course has all the truck stops located there. We actually have a camping voucher for Gettysburg also. Have to see when we can squeeze that in.

Ok will reach out to you when Gettysburg trip gets close, we will be at Gettysburg Campground for a FROG Rally, most likely a 4 night stay.

Had to use the Kenworth dealer there at Carlisle once , they were very good and treated us well even if they did laugh at our Smart car on the deck

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

49 minutes ago, dblr said:

Ok will reach out to you when Gettysburg trip gets close, we will be at Gettysburg Campground for a FROG Rally, most likely a 4 night stay.

Had to use the Kenworth dealer there at Carlisle once , they were very good and treated us well even if they did laugh at our Smart car on the deck

FROG Rally ? Really, we own a Sandpiper 379 FLOK. Did not realize there was a rally that close to us.

15 hours ago, PaHunter said:

FROG Rally ? Really, we own a Sandpiper 379 FLOK. Did not realize there was a rally that close to us.

Yes here is a link for it and I believe there is still spots available

http://www.forestriverfrog.com/Events.aspx?EventID=136

Here is the one for Knoebels and my wife and I are running this one, all our spots are full but the campground has been able to put folks as close as possible to our sites, not sure how much room is left, here is that link

http://www.forestriverfrog.com/Events.aspx?EventID=103

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

So this is journey has hit it's first milestone. We will be purchasing our HDT at the end of the month. The one pictured above, the deal has been made and in a couple of weeks, it will be home. It will look a bit different from the pictures, as the dealer is adding a push bar to the front for some protection, and the commercial hitch will have been removed.  Then once we get it home, it is time to get it ready for camping, hitch, brake controller, lights. Ugh.

But first, ECR. Meet up with everyone and learn all we can.

1 hour ago, PaHunter said:

So this is journey has hit it's first milestone. We will be purchasing our HDT at the end of the month. The one pictured above, the deal has been made and in a couple of weeks, it will be home. It will look a bit different from the pictures, as the dealer is adding a push bar to the front for some protection, and the commercial hitch will have been removed.  Then once we get it home, it is time to get it ready for camping, hitch, brake controller, lights. Ugh.

But first, ECR. Meet up with everyone and learn all we can.

Congratulations!!!  I learned a lot at both rallies I have been to, but my head was swimming so much I felt like I didn't retain it.   Learn all you can!

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

9 minutes ago, PaHunter said:

Well, we have a deal on the HDT, have financing, and now to get the insurance lined up.

I quickly scrolled up but didn't see your specs.  What year?  What engine?  IShift?   I like the color also.

THIS POST?   So we have found a 2012 Volvo 730 we like. Will be talking with the dealership and trying to work out all the details. Will be keeping our fingers and toes crossed. Also be asking a lot of questions off of the HHRG checklist of the dealer. Unit appears to be in good shape, less than 700000 miles. So hopefully this will be a step in the right direction to meeting our ultimate goal.

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

1 hour ago, Sculptor said:

I quickly scrolled up but didn't see your specs.  What year?  What engine?  IShift?   I like the color also.

THIS POST?   So we have found a 2012 Volvo 730 we like. Will be talking with the dealership and trying to work out all the details. Will be keeping our fingers and toes crossed. Also be asking a lot of questions off of the HHRG checklist of the dealer. Unit appears to be in good shape, less than 700000 miles. So hopefully this will be a step in the right direction to meeting our ultimate goal.

Yes that is the one. 2012 Volvo 730, has the D13 engine in it rated at 475 hp, 3.25 rear, dual 125 gal tanks, and it does have the I Shift. Two weeks, and we will be on a road trip to pick it up. It is like Christmas in April !!!

Archived