Facebook

Trucken

acebook

This is for those of

my older generation who do not really comprehend why

Facebook exists. Presently, I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles.  Therefore, every day I go down on the street and tell the passers-by what I have eaten, how I feel, what I have done the night before and what I will do tomorrow night.  Then I give them pictures of my family, my dog and me gardening and spending time in my pool.I also listen to their conversations and I tell them I love them.

And it works.I already have 3 people following me:  2 police officers and a psychiatrist.

Perfect!

I got a FaceCrook account last year so I could read the few ads or articles only there for members. My FB page is locked down and no friends requests allowed but my two boys and two best friends. They all know I am not interested in regressing to High School popularity games. There is enough BS online already. I think I will rewrite my old school website and update it for putting out my opinions on current events. I have no guest book, no forum, and I delete emails I don't like, and answer the few I do. I could care less if others agree or have hissy fits. Those that don't like it can just stop reading. We also are not cell phone fanatics. I leave mine in the car when shopping because anyone that needs me to reply can leave a voicemail or message. And I don't get interrupted by folks on cell phones either.

Now all I have to do is look out for Trucken since he is doing FB: the Real World edition.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Love it Trucken, raised smiles and chuckles here and we are showing our ages!    How true, except in this day and age I find it hard to have much of a face to face conversation with anyone that isn't texting/messaging whilst you try to converse with them ........  I just walk off now and pull a Prince Charles = "talk to the plants"  LOL.    

Our family belongs to the camp, that feels "nosey book" will get a lot of folks in trouble with what's posted at times, and really "who cares, to hazard a guess as to where the other sock has disappeared to in the dryer", or "see what your twins did wrecking their rooms whilst you had a shower".   If it weren't for "client" expectations in this day and age, there is no way we'd have an account.   

Cousin came over from UK in July for a 3 week visit (remember we are surrounded by gorgeous mountains, walks, rivers, lakes etc and it's all about the big outdoors for us here).   Floored us when her butt stayed firmly glued to the comfy chair and WIFI connection in the house - was awful trying to have a conversation with her, she was never in the moment here, was always inside her Android constantly, proud of even messaging folks at 2am and 3am in the morning back in Lala Land, and she's 60 for heavens sake.   She got so upset if she lost connection or couldn't post due to our rural location.   Thank heavens UK roaming to Canada was cost prohibitive for her!  

Like RV we switch our phones off/silent when in the moment with others in our physical company, any conversations are generally short and messages are meaningful to the recipient when used.

They called them Crackberries for a reason a few years back!   Remember the days when the hard phone came into being "as a when necessary to use convenience"?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In my 30 years of working on the road we had pagers, voice mail faxing and email which only works if person recieving reads there email's. Facebook is no better than email's except it satisfies your urge to gossip. I lost a daughter through poor communication with facebook.  To end, Mark Z leaves with billions. Are we stupid or what.

2002 Beaver Marquis Emerald   C-12 Cat 505 HP

2014 Volvo 630 D-13 I Shift SOLD

2017 New Horizons SOLD

Dan,

What's this "we"? You got a mouse in yer pocket? ;):D

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived