Volvo Keyless Entry keyfob's?

Big5er

Anyone know a source for them other than Volvo. I have only found one and that is on EBay. $105 just seems pricey, but what do I know? I can find key and remote for the smart for $50 on Amazon.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Phil,

That's about what you're stuck with, though I haven't looked in a couple of years.  They changed the fob and the module in the truck somewhere around 2006, and they're not interchangeable.  Normally you can cross-reference these things (speaking generally) using the FCC ID, but the markings on the back of mine are long gone.  Any chance yours are readable?

The remote looks identical (except for the labels on the buttons) to the 1996-1997 850/960 remote, which makes some sense as that's when the VN series came to the US.  But it looks like a 2-year only offering (see link), and not really any less expensive there.

I have programming information saved somewhere, as I intend to figure out how to get my HomeLink mirror in the car programmed to unlock the truck doors.  But I do recall the dealer telling me that you had to have one remote working to program them or you had to also replace the module in the truck (which comes with a remote).  I had intentions of checking into replacing the module and remote with the newer ones (which were like $25 instead of $100), but never got around to it.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

28 minutes ago, VegasFlyer said:

I would like to find an add on kit for keyless entry.

Someone here went about adding an aftermarket kit (Paul perhaps?) and ran into trouble with the Volvo stroke being longer than the aftermarket kit could handle.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

2 hours ago, rdickinson said:

A key for the Smart for 50$??????

Not in my world.

3-500$ for a pair from the fatherland plus wait time.

Phil, lunch Sunday? 

Im done Saturday heading home Sunday. 

My turn.

Roger, that was for "uncut" keys with remotes....found it here and actually it says that $55 for two keys.

I should be around Sunday. Call me, and leave a msg. If you don't have my number it is on several walls in some of the local truck stops, I'm sure or you can send me a message here.

1 hour ago, Nuke-E said:

Phil,

That's about what you're stuck with, though I haven't looked in a couple of years.  They changed the fob and the module in the truck somewhere around 2006, and they're not interchangeable.  Normally you can cross-reference these things (speaking generally) using the FCC ID, but the markings on the back of mine are long gone.  Any chance yours are readable?

I have the big grey one like in the auction I posted (and mine is an '05) Dave but the numbers in the working one should be legible. The truck is in the shop having EGR stuff done to it but I will look at the FCC numbers when it comes back. The non-working one is the old original one that has been through hell and back (looks like it has some Dr. Pepper inside and it doesn't look like my Dr. Pepper). I made the dealer give me another when I bought the truck. I'm glad I did now. I have located the instructions on programming the new one and you are right, they say you must have one working fob. That's why I want to get another. I'd hate for the "spare" to die also. 

2014 smart Fortwo

3 minutes ago, Big5er said:

I have the big grey one like in the auction I posted (and mine is an '05) Dave but the numbers in the working one should be legible.

That's the newer one.  I guess maybe it's only through '04 or part-way through the '05 model year with the ones like mine?  Yours shouldn't be $100 from Volvo--I know it was less than a third the cost of mine to get that one, which is why I looked at "upgrading".  But maybe $100 was the cheap price and mine was $300...

That was for my '06 with a chip.

2 keys, 2 or 3 weeks to get.

Tried a local firm who was able to do it for other cars but nit able to do it for the '06.

Even if it opened the door, that would help. Lots lock their keys inside but normally drivers door has to be locked with a key or remote like my 730.

However my old '06 would lock drivers door without me and lock me out.

Hence the idea of having a key that would at least open the door, but the Locksmith was not able to do that either. 

3 hours ago, Big5er said:

Roger, that was for "uncut" keys with remotes....found it here and actually it says that $55 for two keys.

I should be around Sunday. Call me, and leave a msg. If you don't have my number it is on several walls in some of the local truck stops, I'm sure or you can send me a message here.

I have the big grey one like in the auction I posted (and mine is an '05) Dave but the numbers in the working one should be legible. The truck is in the shop having EGR stuff done to it but I will look at the FCC numbers when it comes back. The non-working one is the old original one that has been through hell and back (looks like it has some Dr. Pepper inside and it doesn't look like my Dr. Pepper). I made the dealer give me another when I bought the truck. I'm glad I did now. I have located the instructions on programming the new one and you are right, they say you must have one working fob. That's why I want to get another. I'd hate for the "spare" to die also. 

Make sure batteries are Replaced every 2 yrs .That is programmed to come up automatically on my file at the Service location. 

I had remote door locks put in a couple years ago in Cedar Rapids, Ia. My truck is a 2001. They also had one that would auto start the truck if the battery was running down. I should be able to get additional information if someone wants it. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

1 hour ago, lappir said:

I had remote door locks put in a couple years ago in Cedar Rapids, Ia. My truck is a 2001. They also had one that would auto start the truck if the battery was running down. I should be able to get additional information if someone wants it. 

Rod

Rod,

If it is not too much trouble, I would appreciate any info yo might have.

How has the system worked for you?

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

9 hours ago, VegasFlyer said:

Rod,

If it is not too much trouble, I would appreciate any info yo might have.

How has the system worked for you?

Works very well. Will gather the info and send you a pm. 

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

17 hours ago, Big5er said:

Still moonlighting until retirement?

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Why do I always ASSUME the dealer is more expensive? I called my local Volvo store and guess what? "Yeah we have them. They are $44 each." Glad I didn't buy off of Ebay. 

2014 smart Fortwo

2 hours ago, Big5er said:

Why do I always ASSUME the dealer is more expensive? I called my local Volvo store and guess what? "Yeah we have them. They are $44 each." Glad I didn't buy off of Ebay. 

Holy Lockdown Bateman!!

That is a big difference.

FYI, I checked on the price of the remote start system.  500.00 installed, no alarm.  800.00 installed, with alarm.  Both systems are controlled by a smart phone or remote and will lock/unlock the doors if you have electric door locks.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

For anti theft I like the Ravelco. Alarms are too easily defeated and no one cares anymore.

2014 smart Fortwo

Sorry for those waiting on info from me. It's not coming as quickly as I expected. Will keep trying,

Rod 

2007 Honda GL 1800

Archived