Winter weather in Wyoming

Wrknrvr

We are on our travels for the spring and just happen to stop in Rawlins Wyoming.

There are a lot of highways closed or under travel alerts in Wyoming today.

We woke up with about 3" of white stuff on the ground. So we are going to sit until the weather clears up.

Safe Travels. Vern

Looks to be good weather next week. Sorry you're stuck in Rawlins...not the most ideal place to be stuck in Wyoming. Bad weather all the way through...just as bad up here in the north too, but without the wind you find in the south.

2007 Keystone Springdale 245 FWRLL-S (modified)

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

Cody and Kye, border collie extraordinaires

Latest departure date: 10/1/2017

Find us at www.nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com

We are on our travels for the spring and just happen to stop in Rawlins Wyoming.

There are a lot of highways closed or under travel alerts in Wyoming today.

We woke up with about 3" of white stuff on the ground. So we are going to sit until the weather clears up.

Safe Travels. Vern

We just came across I-80 on Sunday from the West and the hwy was closed East of Rawlings so instead of staying another night in Rawlings we went north to Casper and dropped into the panhandle of Nebraska, I looked at the weather forecast and I knew Rawlings was not a good place to be.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

Well it's time to make lemonade out of a lemon.

Yesterday we visited the old prison. Very interesting place to see and the tour guide was full of stories.

Today we went to Sinclair Wyoming and got a chance to go into the the old Parco inn. It was built by the Parco co. about 1925 but fell on hard times during the Great Depression and Sinclair oil co. purchased it.

Many famous people stayed there in its heyday. Amelia Earhart landed there twice on different cross country trip.

There is an old locomotive in Rawlins Wy. that looks like it ran on crude oil instead of coal or wood. We will visit it and take a better look.

Tomorrow I may unload the jeep and do some back country travel and see if there is any water worth fly fishing. This is the upper end of the North Platte river system.

There is a place between two resivoirs that should be fishable if we can get there.

We will take cold weather supplies and gear along for the trip

We traveled to the White and Yampa rivers in Colorado and they got muddy a day or two before we arrived.

So that is how we ended up in Rawlins Wy.

We may stay till Monday and see if we can sweeten the lemonade

Safe Travels, Vern

We have been gone from WY for a long time but we used to fish early on the N. Platte between Pathfinder Reservoir and Alcova. You go north out of Rawlins on US287 to WY220 and then northeast on it. I believe that the turnoff to the river is marked but I can't remember what it was called. We used to go up there in May with the Jeep and popup and fishing was usually pretty good, but we also were snowed on a few times. Seminoe Reservoir has both rainbow and brown trout in it, but shore fishing can be spotty. We did fish the Platte river above Seminoe with some degree of success. If you stay on WY220 beyond Alcova dam you can access the river there also and it used to produce some good fishing there also.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Today we went to Sinclair Wyoming and got a chance to go into the the old Parco inn. It was built by the Parco co. about 1925 but fell on hard times during the Great Depression and Sinclair oil co. purchased it.

You are bringing back old memories. When I drove for Greyhound out of Cheyenne in the early 80's, we had a food/rest stop at the Parco Inn. Wow, Haven't thought of that in a long time. Please take the weather with you :) We will be passing through there around the 22nd of May. Safe Travels...

The richest are not those who have the most, but those who need the least.

Unfortunately the town is on less favorable times. Although it is worth stoping to see.

We are going to unhook the truck today and venture around.

That is if the DW is feeling like it. She has been thinking about getting a cold.

So we are here to see what we can see then on to Thermopolis and maybe Buffalo Wyoming.

We will end up in Kalispell Mt for the summer.

Safe travels, Vern

Stop in at the Occidental Hotel in Buffalo on a Thursday night for the jam session...well worth taking the time as it is always really good. The Occidental is a very historic old hotel, well worth taking the time to stop in and look around and eat a really good meal at the Virginian Restaurant.

I live in the area if you're interested in knowing of other things to do, plus some great fishing in the area! Stay safe on the roads...looks like 16 over the Bighorn Mtns might be ugly for a while

2007 Keystone Springdale 245 FWRLL-S (modified)

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

Cody and Kye, border collie extraordinaires

Latest departure date: 10/1/2017

Find us at www.nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com

We spent a week in Rawlins waiting for parts to repair our coach. If you have a chance, drive north on Highway 220 (Towards Casper) and visit Independence Rock where the wagon trains stopped on their way west and people carved their names into a large rock extrusion on the plains.

The county museum in Rawlins also has a display of early '50s artifacts - like my mothers kitchen when I was growing up. :D

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Change of plans for today.

Windy with gust, 32 degrees, feels much colder than they say and possible snow after 12:00 noon.

I am watching the wdot site for road conditions, so we will stay inside other than refilling a propane bottle.

We have two weeks till we need to be Kalispell Mt.

Safe Travels, Vern

We love Wyoming, We spend our Summers in Star Valley RV resort where we own a pad. Lots of great golf and super fly fishing on the Snake and Salt rivers. We will go there on May 10th if the weather permits.

ROD AND LYNDA TAYLOR

FULL-TIMER'S

FMCA F404769

2004 DOLPHIN 37' MH

2007 SATURN ION 3

SKP#16688

Ouch! 54 F and partly cloudy with just a slight breeze in northern Alberta

How's that for salt in a wound?

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Yes

We will be there about the 13th of May. Out in the field south of town.

I am actually hiding from my customers as they are wondering when I will be working again. So just hanging around Wyoming for anther week or so.

There is snow on the ground again. But finally getting some inside things done and resting.

Then we should see some of Montana before going back to work.

If your in the area give us a pm and we could meet somewhere.

Safe Travels, Vern

Unfortunately the town is on less favorable times. Although it is worth stoping to see.

We are going to unhook the truck today and venture around.

That is if the DW is feeling like it. She has been thinking about getting a cold.

So we are here to see what we can see then on to Thermopolis and maybe Buffalo Wyoming.

We will end up in Kalispell Mt for the summer.

Safe travels, Vern

Perhaps a good soak in the indoor hot pool in Thermopolis will help your DW shake the cold.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

We have decided that we should both have a cold. She is doing much better and I am on the mend also.

So much for making lemonade.

But to sit still for a week and resting has been good.

There are people calling to see if I am still at the north ranch working and there are calling for work to be done in Montana. I am getting two or more calls a day for RV repair.

I have solved a few problems over the phone and have a few waiting

We may go to Saratoga Springs Monday in just the truck. Then on Tuesday we will stop in Thermopolis Wy for a few days.

With watching the weather map for the country it has not been very good to the west or the central part of the country.

Safe Travels, Vern

We may go to Saratoga Springs Monday in just the truck. Then on Tuesday we will stop in Thermopolis Wy for a few days.

With watching the weather map for the country it has not been very good to the west or the central part of the country.

I think that you may mean to visit the town of Saratoga, WY as I don't know of any Saratoga Springs in the area? If you do, take a bit of a side trip and visit the town of Encampment as well since it is only a short drive farther and is a really special little place.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived