Back up camera

maggie blair

Maggie,

I recently helped a friend install a Pyle PLCMTR71 (from Amazon for $98) on his Alegro. He is very happy with it.

It is ON all the time so he can see his toad AND his Harley.

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good backup camera? I would like to purchase one that comes on every time I put my RV in reverse and also so I could see my toad when traveling down the road.

Thanks so much for any info you might share.

Maggie

Voyager. I have their wireless base model, and feel more comfortable being able to view our towed car while driving. Amazon has the best pricing. If this one ever dies, I'll buy their 3 camera model so I can see beside me were their is now a blind-spot.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

RayIn

Would you have the model # for the (3) camera wireless system from Amazon that you spoke of?

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

Voyager. I have their wireless base model, and feel more comfortable being able to view our towed car while driving. Amazon has the best pricing. If this one ever dies, I'll buy their 3 camera model so I can see beside me were their is now a blind-spot.

What is the model number for the three camera one? Thanks so much!

Maggie Blair

I installed this wired two camera system on our coach with both cameras mounted high on the rear. One camera is aimed for the long view of the toad and traffic, while the other camera is aimed low with a view from the bumper back to the toad windshield. With a button push, I can check the status of the hook-up while underway, or watch the traffic behind us. I keep the 7" color monitor on all the time, but it is wired so it will also come on in reverse if it isn't already on. The "bumper view" is also great for backing into tight sites or whenever backing safety in tight quarters is an issue.

iClever 7-inch TFT LCD Monitor 2 Camera System

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 4 weeks later...

I am a big fan of this wireless one from Camera Source: https://camera-source.com/agriculture-cams/wireless/7-single-screen-1-ccd-camera-digital-wireless-agriculture-commercial-camera-system.html

Its wireless so its easy to install, but it has a unique frequency so you don't have to deal with interference from radio signals or other cameras.

I just got our MH back from the service center. My Voyager wireless is a 2-camera system. It has 2 wireless inputs-video 1, and video 2; both of which have sound included.

Have to say I was always worried about going wireless with all the bad stories I've heard but as technology advances, so does wireless camera's. I put one of those Costco wireless ones on my "toad" and thought, why not try it on the motorhome....... it work's flawlessly and has for over the last year. Picture is clear enough for my taste although the wide angle does take some getting use to.

96' Vogue PrimaVista, CAT 3176b, 10.2 litre, Allison HD-4060

Mollie, Rubie, Cassie and Maggie.......all rescued King Charles Spaniel's

Have to say I was always worried about going wireless with all the bad stories I've heard but as technology advances, so does wireless camera's. I put one of those Costco wireless ones on my "toad" and thought, why not try it on the motorhome....... it work's flawlessly and has for over the last year. Picture is clear enough for my taste although the wide angle does take some getting use to.

What make and model is the camera/receiver that you are using and how far apart are they?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I'll have to go check the name of it...but it's a 37' motorhome and the wireless camera is located on the rear license plate frame. I was surprised as the next guy that it works so well...I actually thought it would never work or be so intermittent it would not be worth the effort. I made it easy on myself and just hooked it up to the license plate light for power...since I normally have my lights on (day or night) anyways.

96' Vogue PrimaVista, CAT 3176b, 10.2 litre, Allison HD-4060

Mollie, Rubie, Cassie and Maggie.......all rescued King Charles Spaniel's

Here is a Voyager 3 camera system for a lot cheaper than the previously posted link. I have purchased a few things from RV-Cams.com and have been very happy with their customer service.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived