Digital Tire Inflator

SuiteSuccess

Looking for a good digital tire inflator like the linked one. I would like one that has the long hose because I don't get the warm and fuzzies sitting in front of a tire that holds up to 125psi and will take off body parts if it lets loose. Now for the problem with the one I linked seems to be the clip on end. Not sure it will work well with the inner duals. Changing over to the "straight" end and having to hold it defeats the long hose and being able to stand away while inflating. Anyone used one like this or any better suggestions?

https://martinsindustries.com/en/produits/MH-30/?gclid=CJCIw-X3r8sCFQmQaQodhqEBLg

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Carl, some straight air chucks will "lock on" like this one on amazon. The "lock on" types are threaded inside so that it will grab the threads on the valve stem. You put it on straight and then let it drop at a little angle and they catch. Keeps you from having to stand there and hold it. Will your digital inflator let you change ends??

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Phil. Thanks wasn't aware of those.

Rocky. No, I was just using that number as an example of the high pressures my G114s could be inflated to. I've just always been antsie of high pressure tires since I saw one explode in my dad's face when I was a kid. Luckily he had turned his head towards me when it let loose but it knocked him backward and he only got some minor cuts and bruises. If he had been looking at the tire, think he would have had serious eye injuries. Sounded like a bomb. If you look at all the commercial tire dealers, they have a big steel containment cage they use for inflation although some ignore the danger and don't use it.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Also, you might need a "straight back" locking chuck to fill your outer tires, depending on how your wheel hole setup is.

Good point.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I have had no trouble with these. Bought the ones for the tire pressure monitor that have the extra stem.

http://dualdynamics.com/products/cross-fire/

Jim,

I'm considering those for my truck. Won't work on the trailer. Looking for an inflator for my compressor and truck airline. I have a Milton Gauge style with a straight chuck now but want a digital inflator/deflator preferably with lock on chuck for the reasons above.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I have a pile of these things at the shop, most of them died a slow death.

I bought one of these a while back and have been very happy with it. It's pricey, but worth it in my opinion. 0-100 psi.

http://www.followmybuild.com/post/powertank-tig-r1000-tire-inflator-review

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Tank-TIG-R100-Series-Inflator/dp/B00U29UMAW

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

I use:

For inner duals: http://www.amazon.com/Chuck-Straight-Lock--Open-Style/dp/B00WS83IYM/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1457419502&sr=1-3&keywords=haltec+open

Outer duals: http://www.amazon.com/Chuck-Angled-Lock--Open-Style/dp/B00WS83WR0/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1457419502&sr=1-1&keywords=haltec+open

Steers/Super singles: http://www.amazon.com/Chuck-Clip--Open-Style-Inchfnpt/dp/B00WS7WKH4/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1457419502&sr=1-2&keywords=haltec+open

The last one I got because the inner dual straight one is kinda gangly on a short outie stem and the small one is just so much easier there. I went with the overly expensive Haltec one and didn't try any of the Amazon Chinese copies so I don't know how those ones do. I use with a wall mounted inflator like the ones lower in your link and honestly it is one of the best things I ever bought. They are on some of the long Coilhose Flexeel coily hoses so you just clip the chuck on, go find something to do, and come back when she beeps. You don't know how many forum posts I've read on my phone while checking tires. ;)

I have a pile of these things at the shop, most of them died a slow death.

I bought one of these a while back and have been very happy with it. It's pricey, but worth it in my opinion. 0-100 psi.

http://www.followmybuild.com/post/powertank-tig-r1000-tire-inflator-review

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Tank-TIG-R100-Series-Inflator/dp/B00U29UMAW

Brit, that is what I'm looking for but up to 125psi in case I ever have to go to max on my trailer G114s.

Not to get off topic but for a Singled HDT, what is the PSI range being sought for the desired gauge?

I want to have the ability to go to at least 125psi.

I use:

For inner duals: http://www.amazon.com/Chuck-Straight-Lock--Open-Style/dp/B00WS83IYM/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1457419502&sr=1-3&keywords=haltec+open

Outer duals: http://www.amazon.com/Chuck-Angled-Lock--Open-Style/dp/B00WS83WR0/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1457419502&sr=1-1&keywords=haltec+open

Steers/Super singles: http://www.amazon.com/Chuck-Clip--Open-Style-Inchfnpt/dp/B00WS7WKH4/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1457419502&sr=1-2&keywords=haltec+open

The last one I got because the inner dual straight one is kinda gangly on a short outie stem and the small one is just so much easier there. I went with the overly expensive Haltec one and didn't try any of the Amazon Chinese copies so I don't know how those ones do. I use with a wall mounted inflator like the ones lower in your link and honestly it is one of the best things I ever bought. They are on some of the long Coilhose Flexeel coily hoses so you just clip the chuck on, go find something to do, and come back when she beeps. You don't know how many forum posts I've read on my phone while checking tires. ;)

Thanks Scrap. Would it be ok to put a quick connect/disconnect downstream of the gauge then have each of the chucks on a separate piece of hose so I could use just a single gauge? Or would that affect the accuracy? BTW ran across what you listed and think I may just suck it up and spend the $$$ for a really good system.

On edit see in your last sentence you use quick connect.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Also, you might need a "straight back" locking chuck to fill your outer tires, depending on how your wheel hole setup is.

on edit: I don't think your runnin duals on your trailer?

No, singles on the trailer but still have to fill the duals on my tandem truck. I was convinced I was going to go with the Crossfires on the truck but have to take all the tires off, empty the liquid balance the tire company used, replace with $500 worth of Centramatics or equivalent then $300 worth of Crossfires. Think I'm just gonna spend $ on the gauge and chucks and put my TSTs back on. They had no issues when I ran them the past couple of years. Just a royal PITA to take on and off 8 drive tires.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Brit, that is what I'm looking for but up to 125psi in case I ever have to go to max on my trailer G114s.

https://powertank.com/products/sfID1/14/productID/364

That one is about half of the price of the Pro Series. The only difference is the accuracy, which shouldn't be that much of an issue on our trucks. I bought the other gauge for racing, so the accuracy is a little more important there.

I have not used one of the HD gauges, but I can only assume it uses similar parts to the Pro series. I couldn't be happier with mine.

I'll have it with me at the ECR if you would like to check it out.

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

Thanks Brit.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Carl, the above suggestions are good. But let me suggest another way.

Crossfire.

That way you have access to the stem and can use "unspecialized" clipons. And you will be more likely to check/fill tires. And it saves you - in theory - a tire sensor at each dual position. Unless you use the Crossfire that has the stems for each tire.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Jack, Do you use the crossfire system? If so can you share approx. cost for a tire position? this may be something if the cost is workable that I would go to. thanks

Bob and Jenise

Class of 2016 Full timers :)

2008 Newmar Essex 45' 500hp ism towing Honda CRV awd

Every day you wake up is a good day!!!!

Yup....that is it. You have to get the right psi for your loads.....

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

Carl, the above suggestions are good. But let me suggest another way.

Crossfire.

That way you have access to the stem and can use "unspecialized" clipons. And you will be more likely to check/fill tires. And it saves you - in theory - a tire sensor at each dual position. Unless you use the Crossfire that has the stems for each tire.

Jack, that was my original intent but you may recall I had a thread on that earlier about balancing tires. I have liquid balance in my drives and after talking to Ed Donnely, he said that would need to be removed. On the previous thread consensus was to balance drives so that choice fell to Centramatics or equivalent since Ed was also against beads or powder balance,then cost of Crossfires. Since I'm tandem total cost of all the above was just shy of $1,000. (Remove liquid balance and remount tires $100 + Centramatics for steers and tandems $500. + four Crossfires $280 + tax.) I think I'm going to try one more year of just the PITA installation of my TST sensors on the drives then maybe spend the money next year for the Crossfires if it doesn't work out or if I get frustrated. BTW already have all the sensors. Still gonna get a digital inflator and self locking chucks.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Thanks pugsly. That looks pretty good. Can you fit that chuck into the inner dually?

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Carl, when the time comes I'd simply remove the crap from inside the tire and have it trued and balanced.That should be the end of any balance issues.

www.jackdanmayer.com

Carl, when the time comes I'd simply remove the crap from inside the tire and have it trued and balanced.That should be the end of any balance issues.

Thanks Jack. So many choices. Glad we have this forum.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Mr.Seas, if you go to the link I put in my first post, you will find the CrossFire home page. There is a version where they add 2 stems, 1 on each side of the unit so that you can run monitors for each tire. Tose are what I have, about 30k miles on them so far with zero issues.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Archived