Inficon

Shallow Draft

I need to borrow one...

I had most of my leaks fixed. Truck would have 90-100psi in 24hrs.

Then it got cold.... and everything started leaking again.

Jim,

I am right up I-59 from you and you are more than welcome to borrow mine. I shouldn't have a need for it until the end of January and that way you can take your time and hunt down all of your pesky air leaks.

David

I got mine last summer and found most of my leaks so far, but the rest are so small, plus I'm lazy, I have just let them go, so far. But I do have a story.

Two years ago, I installed a residential fridge in the 5th, it worked great for a year and a half. Then it wouldn't cool, and a repair service found it needed a new evaporator. They installed one, then recharged, it worked for 4 hours. To make this LONG story short, we ended up removing and reinstalling the fridge 5 times, BTW, that is through the escape window. They finally told me I must have put a hole in a line in the case, because they couldn't find the leak, even with a special type of leak detector, so I would have to get a new fridge. I asked if I could try my Inficon, and was told "sure, but you will not find one". When I checked, he even heard the leak standing beside me, and I had the ear phones on MY ears. It was in the new evaporator on the back side. After another new evaporator, it has now worked for 6 months. I think that shop now has an Inficon. Dick T

Just a few days ago, I was looking for a leak in my dash area (2000 Mack CH). I was sure it was either in the interior side of the pass through block, or my park/ trailer supply valve. While climbing into the truck, with headphones on, I heard a loud hiss. It was the shifter handle.

i would have looked a long time to find it without the handy-dandy Inficon.

They are pretty sensitive. Just for kicks I turned out a valve core on a tire until just a "little" bubbling was forming with soapy spray....There was NO WAY you would ever hear that. But the Inficon found it. Although I had to get pretty close.

Funny you mention that. With over 200 tires, I often have difficulty finding slow leaks ( years of loud music and altered exhaust systems). That was a driving force in buying the Inficon.

One of the hardest things I've ever had to do...... We were late on a truck and my tech and I were creepering it out with our phones on going over a last minute air check/fluids/DOT when the project manager in her power suit giving a meeting up top squeaks a couple out while she is presenting. She never missed a beat but yet we got stuck with the whole crowd up there trying to figure out why we were giggling like a couple of teenage girls under the truck. To this day I still have a hard time looking her straight in the eye..... <_<

So if you check your trucks together at a rally be sure to do it before the BBQ!

What is the make and model of the detector you guys are talking about?? I am interested in buying one if the price is right.

First let me say, I'm fiscally sensitive. I buy tools because I feel they're a good value. I really struggled with spending the $$ for this.

Now, I can say in all sincerity, it's worth double the price. I don't use it often, but when I do, I'm amazed.

Also, I try really hard to buy locally, so if there's ever an issue, I can hand it to the person on the other side of the counter and get things taken care of. I couldn't find this anywhere but through Amazon.

Archived