Inficon

Shallow Draft

What a great tool!!!!. I found tbe air leak I have been hunting for.

Now to reach in and fix it in the frame by the engine.

2004 Volvo 630, Freedomline, Rear view camera, Max Brake, Jackalopee, 38 ft 4 horse LQ Platinum, 40ft Jayco Talon toy hauler

Http:/www.flickr.com/photos/shallow_draft/

Https://flic.kr/p/fqhyAN

You are not lost if you don't care where you are!!

There are several Whisper's around the forum. I got to play with Carl's at the last rally I attended. They are neat, aren't they?

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

I need to borrow one...

I had most of my leaks fixed. Truck would have 90-100psi in 24hrs.

Then it got cold.... and everything started leaking again.

You can use mine at the rally Jim.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I need to borrow one...

I had most of my leaks fixed. Truck would have 90-100psi in 24hrs.

Then it got cold.... and everything started leaking again.

Jim,

I am right up I-59 from you and you are more than welcome to borrow mine. I shouldn't have a need for it until the end of January and that way you can take your time and hunt down all of your pesky air leaks.

David

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

I got mine last summer and found most of my leaks so far, but the rest are so small, plus I'm lazy, I have just let them go, so far. But I do have a story.

Two years ago, I installed a residential fridge in the 5th, it worked great for a year and a half. Then it wouldn't cool, and a repair service found it needed a new evaporator. They installed one, then recharged, it worked for 4 hours. To make this LONG story short, we ended up removing and reinstalling the fridge 5 times, BTW, that is through the escape window. They finally told me I must have put a hole in a line in the case, because they couldn't find the leak, even with a special type of leak detector, so I would have to get a new fridge. I asked if I could try my Inficon, and was told "sure, but you will not find one". When I checked, he even heard the leak standing beside me, and I had the ear phones on MY ears. It was in the new evaporator on the back side. After another new evaporator, it has now worked for 6 months. I think that shop now has an Inficon. Dick T

2006 Volvo VNL 630(VED12 400HP)
10 speed autoshift,3.58 gear 236" twin screw, w/ET, Jackalopee, Blue Dot
2016 Space Craft 37'

Blu/Dot, Dexter 8K triple axel, HD Drum hydraulic brakes

Feather lite air ride
2005 Jeep Rubicon
2007 Suzuki DR 650

Just a few days ago, I was looking for a leak in my dash area (2000 Mack CH). I was sure it was either in the interior side of the pass through block, or my park/ trailer supply valve. While climbing into the truck, with headphones on, I heard a loud hiss. It was the shifter handle.

i would have looked a long time to find it without the handy-dandy Inficon.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

They are pretty sensitive. Just for kicks I turned out a valve core on a tire until just a "little" bubbling was forming with soapy spray....There was NO WAY you would ever hear that. But the Inficon found it. Although I had to get pretty close.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

They are pretty sensitive. Just for kicks I turned out a valve core on a tire until just a "little" bubbling was forming with soapy spray....There was NO WAY you would ever hear that. But the Inficon found it. Although I had to get pretty close.

Funny you mention that. With over 200 tires, I often have difficulty finding slow leaks ( years of loud music and altered exhaust systems). That was a driving force in buying the Inficon.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

I've had a TIF 6500 leak detector for about 25 years. It will hear a leak, slipping, belt bad bearing, or anything in it's designated frequency range. It will usually hear it about 4 feet away and you just hit the reset button to desensitize it as you zero in on the offender.

"There are No Experts, Do the Math!"

2014 Freightliner Cascadia DD16 600hp  1850ft-lb  18spd  3.31  260"wb
SpaceCraft S-470
SKP #131740

One of the hardest things I've ever had to do...... We were late on a truck and my tech and I were creepering it out with our phones on going over a last minute air check/fluids/DOT when the project manager in her power suit giving a meeting up top squeaks a couple out while she is presenting. She never missed a beat but yet we got stuck with the whole crowd up there trying to figure out why we were giggling like a couple of teenage girls under the truck. To this day I still have a hard time looking her straight in the eye..... <_<

So if you check your trucks together at a rally be sure to do it before the BBQ!

What is the make and model of the detector you guys are talking about?? I am interested in buying one if the price is right.

This.

http://www.amazon.com/Inficon-711-202-G1-Whisper-Ultrasonic-Detector/dp/B000TRJA8M

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

What is the make and model of the detector you guys are talking about?? I am interested in buying one if the price is right.

First let me say, I'm fiscally sensitive. I buy tools because I feel they're a good value. I really struggled with spending the $$ for this.

Now, I can say in all sincerity, it's worth double the price. I don't use it often, but when I do, I'm amazed.

Also, I try really hard to buy locally, so if there's ever an issue, I can hand it to the person on the other side of the counter and get things taken care of. I couldn't find this anywhere but through Amazon.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

Archived