You should have Warned me! HELP!

Radar274

Turned up the driveway after 17 hrs. on the road and for the first time I am nervous. It took 2 yrs. to finally pull the trigger. The question is did the DW really approve of the decision or did she say yes just to shut me up? She would say---- just Go get one, I am tired of hearing about IT. So the day of reckoning has come. Will she come out of the house and greet me as I sit near the house idling to cool down the turbo? The front door never opened, so I had to shut it off before we ran out of fuel. As I walked to the house I was glad it had a bunk heater, because it was probably my new bedroom.

Here we go, I open the door and toss my hat in first, -------- Hi Honey glad to see you,---- she doesn't even say hi or I missed U, she responds with, I have been thinking we should name the truck Lucy or Lucile. WOW Maybe I'm not in the dog house after all?!!! Do you want to come out and see her? Yes she said but what followed you should have warned me about.

She reaches up to the door handle and says, it sure is big! She climbs up and gets in the passengers seat--- Sure is Big and goes quiet. Then out of the blue she says I think we should get the seats done in leather, a dog gate hear and you need to order those hockey stick mirrors.

I thought these trucks were like the MAN CAVE---- We got to call all the shots. YOU SHOULD HAVE WARNED me! These trucks are know different than the house.

Oh Well she loves It's and I am happy!

post-51394-0-52671100-1433346566_thumb.jpg

Bob&Kay
2012 VNL730 I Shift D13 2.47 ratio
2018 Mobile Suites 40 kssb4

Congratulations, now try to wipe that smile off your face, oh and be sure to make her think it was all her brilliant idea!:)

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Turned up the driveway after 17 hrs. on the road and for the first time I am nervous. It took 2 yrs. to finally pull the trigger. The question is did the DW really approve of the decision or did she say yes just to shut me up? She would say---- just Go get one, I am tired of hearing about IT. So the day of reckoning has come. Will she come out of the house and greet me as I sit near the house idling to cool down the turbo? The front door never opened, so I had to shut it off before we ran out of fuel. As I walked to the house I was glad it had a bunk heater, because it was probably my new bedroom.

Here we go, I open the door and toss my hat in first, -------- Hi Honey glad to see you,---- she doesn't even say hi or I missed U, she responds with, I have been thinking we should name the truck Lucy or Lucile. WOW Maybe I'm not in the dog house after all?!!! Do you want to come out and see her? Yes she said but what followed you should have warned me about.

She reaches up to the door handle and says, it sure is big! She climbs up and gets in the passengers seat--- Sure is Big and goes quiet. Then out of the blue she says I think we should get the seats done in leather, a dog gate hear and you need to order those hockey stick mirrors.

I thought these trucks were like the MAN CAVE---- We got to call all the shots. YOU SHOULD HAVE WARNED me! These trucks are know different than the house.

attachicon.giflucy.jpg

That is AWESOME!!

Maybe your wife could talk to ALL the wife's that are on the fences about a decision to go with an HDT, and turn their spirits around...

Congratulations!!!!!!!

The Few

On the weekends There are times I need to go run a couple errands and my wife won't want to go. All I have to say is I'm thinking about taking the big truck and she's out the door and sitting in the passenger seat waiting for me.

For whatever reason she absolutely loves riding in the truck.

attachicon.giflucy.jpg

You are only at the beginning stages.

RDBE%25201.jpg

Thanks everyone!!! I am :D:lol: ing!!!! Henry just got done installing the JACKALOPEE and I can't thank you enough for the design. Will start singling on Monday and have mucho questions, so I hope everyone will give me a hand, so I don't learn the hard way.

Bob&Kay
2012 VNL730 I Shift D13 2.47 ratio
2018 Mobile Suites 40 kssb4

On the weekends There are times I need to go run a couple errands and my wife won't want to go. All I have to say is I'm thinking about taking the big truck and she's out the door and sitting in the passenger seat waiting for me.

For whatever reason she absolutely loves riding in the truck.

Dollymoma, (Dolly-the-painthorse Driver / Rider) is far better judge of Horses than trucks however she has found a real horse advantage to HDT travel.........she sits up high enough to be able to spot wild horses and burros in SW OR / NV far better than she can in a pickup or MDT.

It's nice that the Dolly-slave-hauler (me) can also see the wild critters far out so that I can slow down and not hit them or have to brake too fast to jerk Dolly around in the trailer (and then I am a ....."jerk")...........oh to be a slave......that has to drive.......

Drive on..........(don't jerk)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Congrats on the truck and now be sure that the DW learns to drive it. My wife does at least 1/2 the driving and loves it.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Nice looking 730! I bet after all those hours of driving about the only thing that was sore was your smile and maybe your arm from waving and pulling on the air horns for the kids. Much better ride than a LGT.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

That is soooo nice! Congrats on the 730. Looks nice.

My wife is all in on our truck as well!!! She can't wait to get in it and DRIVE! I just hope she "let's" me drive it a little...LOL

2016 Volvo VNL780 D13 I-Shift

2016 DRV 44 Houston

2015 Smart Cabriolet

Archived