The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Well, we almost needed the "shotgun" tonight. Carol was unfolding a small table we keep stored next to the shower to use for a project she had going in the living room. All of a sudden she let out this blood curdling scream, dropped the table and ran to the front of the bus. Hmmmm that was my cue to jump up, get the shotgun, and come to her rescue from what ever critter had her cornered. Turns out it was a shrimp (albeit a big one) with the head on and somehow stuck to the inside of the table. We had just had a shrimp dinner a few nights ago and had bought some live local ones, nice and big and pretty tasty. I don't know how this one got away from the herd and wound up in the table, but it sure looked scary for a few seconds. :o Luckily for the shrimp it was already dead, because if it wasn't the scream would have done it in. It almost got me, but with a little Jamison and ice I'll probably recover. :wacko: Steve

ROFLMAO, literally haha

Edited by soos

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, we almost needed the "shotgun" tonight. Carol was unfolding a small table we keep stored next to the shower to use for a project she had going in the living room. All of a sudden she let out this blood curdling scream, dropped the table and ran to the front of the bus. Hmmmm that was my cue to jump up, get the shotgun, and come to her rescue from what ever critter had her cornered. Turns out it was a shrimp (albeit a big one) with the head on and somehow stuck to the inside of the table. We had just had a shrimp dinner a few nights ago and had bought some live local ones, nice and big and pretty tasty. I don't know how this one got away from the herd and wound up in the table, but it sure looked scary for a few seconds. :o Luckily for the shrimp it was already dead, because if it wasn't the scream would have done it in. It almost got me, but with a little Jamison and ice I'll probably recover. :wacko: Steve

That sounds like a close one Steve! Good thing that you were there to handle it...so, how does days old shrimp taste? :lol:

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Kinda dry, but if you pour enough bourbon sauce (read baaaaad whisky) on it it comes back to life! :ph34r:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Kinda dry, but if you pour enough bourbon sauce (read baaaaad whisky) on it it comes back to life! :ph34r:

And he wouldn't even share with his buddies.

Well I've walked the length of the town and back several times now. And yes they do have a gas station. And there is even a post office on the dirt road that runs parallel to the highway. The only problem so far is jumping out of the way of that freight train that comes in my driver's side door and goes out the coach door about every hour. The restaurant is not open Saturday or Sunday but one of the gals came early this morning and worked till about noon cleaning. She came to the rig and invited me over to talk while she worked and maybe play a game of ping pong. She also said she had talked with my friend and she is coming back from Lubbock this evening instead of tommorrow. Ping pong anyone???

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

My map shows you in pocahonas St pk as of 9_ 10 _15. Refresh your screen to make it catch up .

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Is anyone else having a problem with the class map??? I can't see any pins. I was able to change my location to Pocahontas State Park but it still says I am in Williamsburg . Can't get it to change to Chesterfield.

For us, the Class Map pins do not show up when we view the site on our laptop. However, works just fine when using our tablet... so, assume there is some setting to be changed on our laptop.

Be well, everyone! Dianne & Tom

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

So, Carol's new nickname is Shrimp?

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

My friend and one of the related ladies spent the evening in the back room of the restaurant playing the piano & Guitar and singing old songs, then we played ping pong for a while before shutting down for the night. Earlier I sat in the back kitchen while my friend stirred up a batch of dough for rolls for tomorrows lunch guest then made a big chocholate cake to be ready for business tomorrow. Then she reheated a porkchop from a bunch of them that are for the special tomorrow. Heated some beans and brown gravy. Made french fries sliced tomatoes cucumbers and avacado and warmed some rolls for dinner this evening. I better not stay here very long. I'll get so fat I won't fit through the door of my rig.

It got a little on the hot side today, 99 degrees but the restaurant stayed cool so I didn't mind. It's 9:30 PM now and still 85 degrees in my rig with all the windows and the door open. I'll bet I don't freeze tonight infact I'll bet I don't even get under the covers.

I'll be pulling my pin again in the morning. I've enjoyed visiting with my cowgirl friend but I don't want to start smelling like Carol's shrimp so will head back west in the morning. I'll also be glad to get back to cooler weather. It's been hitting 99 degrees here just about every day. I don't have much time left until I need to be back in Deming so I want to send all the time I can between 6000 and 7000 feet altitude. Eastern Arizona is the best place for that and still close to Deming. The restaurant was pretty busy today so I didn't get much socializing in until it closed. I should go to Heron Lake and Havasu and see who looks best rolling around on the floor Julie or Sue. I'll bet I could sell tickets on that event.

I Moved down to Santa Rosa Lake State Park and was surprised to find that my phone didn't get enough signal to work. The park is only about 5 miles from town and I-40. My Jet Pack does get just enough signal to connect so at least I can use the Tablet. But Boy is it slow. I do have Water and electric here so I can get cleaned up again. The next place on my schedule is Valley of Fires near Carrizozo NM. It's listed as Federal but I think It had electric when I stopped there about 5 years ago. I'll resupply in Socorro NM when I go through but I won't stop for the night and I know Pie Town don't have electric and I doubt if they have a cell signal. It's 80 miles from nowhere i stayed there one summer but don't remember if the phone worked or not. The campground is free and you can stay as long as you like. It's on the continental divide at about 8000 feet not far from the Very Large Array Astronomy radio telescope. That's a very interesting place to visit if you're ever in the Area. I'll only be staying one night then go on to Springerville and Eagar AZ.

We stayed in Pie Town one night. I remember having trouble deciding what was a road vs what was a drive though campsite. I don't remember about connectivity, though.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We stayed in Pie Town one night. I remember having trouble deciding what was a road vs what was a drive though campsite. I don't remember about connectivity, though.

Linda Sand

There aren't any official sites there. It is just where people have created a site and wore a drive into it. I used to have to create a site every time I went there by cutting the weeds with a swing blade because I was always a late arrival. I usually joined friend that had arrivered earlier in the season and to be close to them I'd have to make a new site. I liked the place because of all the elk that wander through there in the early morning. But sure wish they were a little closer to civilization. 65 miles to the supper market in Springerville AZ or 75 miles to Walmart in Socorro NM made for pretty expensive groceries. That little store in Quemado 21 miles west didn't carry much more than bread and milk and half the time they were out of that when you got there. However that restaurant in Quemado was pretty good.

Me and "shrimp" went on a swamp tour yesterday. It was out of the Pearl river near Slidell and was a pretty good tour. Saw a few gators and drove through the swamp where Burt Reynolds filmed the movie "Gator"! Also Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise filmed a vampire movie there. 20 people on the boat so it was small enough to get into small places, but stout enough that the gators wouldn't eat it. Way back in the swamp we ran into a herd of wild pigs (big uns) and they sure squealed for marshmallows. That place was plenty spooky and you could just see swamp monsters crawling out of there. Maybe even a mutant giant shrimp!! A fun day and we were glad to get home and hide out. Another camper pulled in here today, only the second one we have seen here in the last three weeks.

The other one only stayed overnight so we've had the whole place to ourselves. There are 12 sites here with 30A and water, but no dump. We found a KOA about 6 miles from here that had a dump for $10 so we've been using that. Enjoying the Big Easy!

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Pie Town NM has a free city campground called Jackson Park. It's across Hwy-60 from the Pie-o-neer, and there is technically a 3 day limit; although I don't know that anyone checks. Elevation there is 7,761 ft. I expect to be there in a few days. As stated, it is a long way to any decent grocery store or gas.

Edited by Pleinguy

Pleinguy

Solo Fulltimer

2004 Lazy Daze 23.5ft Twin-King

Class C Motorhome
PleinAirJourney.com

Valley of Fires near Carrizozo NM. It's listed as Federal but I think It had electric when I stopped there about 5 years ago.

Valley of Fires outside of Carrizozo NM is a BLM campground, and they do have electric and water; and a dump too I believe.

Edited by Pleinguy

Pleinguy

Solo Fulltimer

2004 Lazy Daze 23.5ft Twin-King

Class C Motorhome
PleinAirJourney.com

We have spent the last 2 weeks in Moab hiking in 90 degree temps but mad a move to Torrey Utah by Capital Reef NP yesterday. It figures that it had been dry and hot until our move day and then it got wet LOL!! It's a lot cooler here, in fact I turned on the heated floors last night and listened to the toppers flap in the wind all night. First time we felt like winter is around the corner but I like it. 5 days here and then on to Bryce for 5 days then Zion for a week.

We need to start dragging our feet or we will be down south to soon in the heat again.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

We need to start dragging our feet or we will be down south to soon in the heat again.

It's not just heat. It's the humidity too. We made it back to Washington yesterday .... err, rather very early this morning. Instead of the air conditioner on, I now have the heater on. Hopefully, it'll be nice later in the day. There's lots to do to get ready to head back for the winter.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

We have spent the last 2 weeks in Moab hiking in 90 degree temps but mad a move to Torrey Utah by Capital Reef NP yesterday. It figures that it had been dry and hot until our move day and then it got wet LOL!! It's a lot cooler here, in fact I turned on the heated floors last night and listened to the toppers flap in the wind all night. First time we felt like winter is around the corner but I like it. 5 days here and then on to Bryce for 5 days then Zion for a week.

I love the Fruita Campground in Capitol reef. In the fall you have to fight off the deer in the orchards if you want the apple and pares. But that is half the fun. They don't have hook-ups but do have water in several places around the campground. And fruit trees of every kind that you can pick what you want. Some people parked near me were making apricot preserves while I was there. They gave me a couple small jars and I can assure you none of it went to waste.

The campground here at Lake Santa Rosa NM is about average for NM State Parks. I did find a site with Electric and Water that was very level. It's a long way from the Lake but you can see it in the distance. Small black ants are thick as soon as you step off the paved surfaces. I tried to sit outside this morning but had to give it up because of the ants. About an hour after I posted yesterday the Verizon phone signal came back up to G3 at 2 bars so both the phone and data work now. I'll dump on my way out tomorrow and be ready for just about anyplace tomorrow night. I've got myself and the rig cleaned up so I'm no longer any compitition to that Shrimp. And the Saga continues.

We did a similar trip last October. Lots to see and do. In Capitol Reef up by the campground and orchard that Lee mentions is a "store". Outstanding little pies and they go fast, We waited until afternoon one day and nearly missed out. Also a late Happy Birthday to Diane.

We've been in the North Carolina mountains near Asheville. Had to break out the electric heater and the long pants. Temps in the 40's at night and around 70 during the day. Yesterday moved to Mrytle Beach until Saturday. Much warmer here. Not ready for Fall.

Travel safe everyone.

Tina and Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Yup, we found the little store AND those pie's!!! The orchards are pretty cool, U-pick for $1 a pound. We are not saying at the campground in the NP but one in Torrey. We will head back in for more hiking today.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png