The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

We had so much fun the other night. We took the kids to the Grand Escape here in Billings. They lock you in a room and give you 60 minutes to decipher all the clues and get out. It was a fabulous fun time. We didn't escape in the 60 minutes but we were close. If you ever get a chance to do something like that - go for it. Really makes the ole brain work hard which, I guess, is good for it.

If my brain worked that hard it would have to take a Steve for the next three weeks

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We had so much fun the other night. We took the kids to the Grand Escape here in Billings. They lock you in a room and give you 60 minutes to decipher all the clues and get out. It was a fabulous fun time. We didn't escape in the 60 minutes but we were close. If you ever get a chance to do something like that - go for it. Really makes the ole brain work hard which, I guess, is good for it.

Back when my brain actually worked, I think I would have enjoyed that. Now I would probably just get stressed. Glad you enjoyed it, though.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Dang Rodger that repair bug has been chasing you way to long. A neighbor just brought me a couple bottles of root beer and I'm not talking about the soad pop kind. It's 6.8 %. I'll pop the top on one of those to help celebrate the Jeep fix but I'm not going to let you park next to my new rig just incase that all those problems are catching. Governor Steve seems to be plagued with troubles lately. You didn't park next to him did you?

I'm just about ready to pull out for Deming in the morning. Every thing is stowed and ready for the road except the power cord. A cup of coffee and a bowl of Cheerios and I'll be gone. A friend of my neighbor wants this site. I told him to be here at 8:30 AM and I'd wait for him to be here and pull out as he pulled in. I've had several people stop and ask me when I'd be leaving so they could get the site. I told them all, "maybe Monday" so I wouldn't have them all here in the morning waiting for me to leave. That little fib might cost me at the pearly gates but with all the other bad thing I've done I doubt it.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Oh yeah, there is a total eclipse of the moon Sunday night. This far West it will already be starting the eclipse when the moon comes up right at sundown. The moon is at parigee so it will also be a super moon. (The largest for the year) the moon will be in the earths shadow for about an hour. We should get some nice blood red color out of this one. Folks east of the Texas/New Mexico boarder should see the entire eclipse. The farther east the higher in the sky it will be while in eclipse. Get out there at sundown look east and enjoy. While your at it have a party.

Dang Rodger that repair bug has been chasing you way to long. A neighbor just brought me a couple bottles of root beer and I'm not talking about the soad pop kind. It's 6.8 %. I'll pop the top on one of those to help celebrate the Jeep fix but I'm not going to let you park next to my new rig just incase that all those problems are catching. Governor Steve seems to be plagued with troubles lately. You didn't park next to him did you?

Any time I can help you help me I'm all for it Lee! Not sure who I parked next to that caused all of these problems but, I hope that the contagious stage is over. Like I said, I've still got a couple other issues to deal with but, at least we're mobile again for now.

The first two years of our full time adventure were the happiest time of my life. Since buying a MH it's been some of the worst. I have posted in the past only a fraction of our maladies. Hate to come across as a "whining Debbie downer".

Since leaving AZ last Spring, I've noticed a steady decline in my mood and wanting to socialize which is not like me. Something has to change and soon!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Any time I can help you help me I'm all for it Lee! Not sure who I parked next to that caused all of these problems but, I hope that the contagious stage is over. Like I said, I've still got a couple other issues to deal with but, at least we're mobile again for now.

The first two years of our full time adventure were the happiest time of my life. Since buying a MH it's been some of the worst. I have posted in the past only a fraction of our maladies. Hate to come across as a "whining Debbie downer".

Since leaving AZ last Spring, I've noticed a steady decline in my mood and wanting to socialize which is not like me. Something has to change and soon!

Roger

Keep your chin up Roger, You have options, maybe all the bugs are about worked out (sort of like the checks in the mail) or maybe it's time to kick that rig to the curb. Maybe a 5th wheel this time?? Another Red Rooster??

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Keep your chin up Roger, You have options, maybe all the bugs are about worked out (sort of like the checks in the mail) or maybe it's time to kick that rig to the curb. Maybe a 5th wheel this time?? Another Red Rooster??

All good points Steve. After spending $48K in repairs I'm hoping that all the major bugs are gone. And yeah, there are options. Not so easy to swap horses in midstream when you full time. I'd probably lose about $30K trading it in on a MH that was similar. Maybe if we were to get a home base like some. Still haven't found the right spot yet but, looking hard now. Haven't looked at Texas yet. Perhaps we should sooner than later. I sure do miss that "Rooster" but, not a lot of living space!

Edited by Lil' Red Rooster

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

All good points Steve. After spending $48K in repairs I'm hoping that all the major bugs are gone. And yeah, there are options. Not so easy to swap horses in midstream when you full time. I'd probably lose about $30K trading it in on a MH that was similar. Maybe if we were to get a home base like some. Still haven't found the right spot yet but, looking hard now. Haven't looked at Texas yet. Perhaps we should sooner than later. I sure do miss that "Rooster" but, not a lot of living space!

Hopefully, you've seen the last of spendy repairs. After all, you pretty much have a new rig with all you've had done to it.

We got back from Phoenix in the early hours this morning. What a trip! I'm sure glad that's behind us. We're trying to tie up all those loose ends before we start our winter trek. Phoenix was like an oven.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Oh yeah, there is a total eclipse of the moon Sunday night. This far West it will already be starting the eclipse when the moon comes up right at sundown. The moon is at parigee so it will also be a super moon. (The largest for the year) the moon will be in the earths shadow for about an hour. We should get some nice blood red color out of this one. Folks east of the Texas/New Mexico boarder should see the entire eclipse. The farther east the higher in the sky it will be while in eclipse. Get out there at sundown look east and enjoy. While your at it have a party.

Party and Howl at the moon!!!

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

Party and Howl at the moon!!!

Cloudy and rain here in the Carolinas but, dang I'm gonna take ya up on that advice anyway...LOL! :P

Roger & Lynn Rempe

We'll I'm back at the grind again. I've been trying to get human again but had a lot of stuff to do getting the trailer livable again. Then I got a bath and clean clothing but still look like a Ubangee because all the barber shops in town were closed today. Mayby I can hide in the bushes until next week. My frig has been on all afternoon and is only down to 52 now at a quarter to eight. The freezer is doing good so maybe I can transfer the food from the other rig tomorrow. It did make a good excuse to take one of the Cowgirls out for pizza at the Forgetaboutit.

Roger; You said something about loosing 30K if you traded the beaver in to get another coach. You could cut your losses but you could also start all over again with all the bugs. If it were me I don't think I would go for another class a. Maybe a quality 5ver or TT. But I would want my home and my transportation in 2 different packages. Coaches are inherently expensive to maintain or repair. The initial cost is about the same because you have to figure in the tow vehicle for a trailer but if one breaks down you still have the other with a trailer and truck. And trailers are much less expensive to maintain or repair. PS. you can park by me anytime, I'll put a big gauze mask over the grill of the Navion. LOL I know it's hard to laugh with all you've been through but it's the best medicine.

Diane and I were sitting outside this evening and I told her about the Eclipse tomorrow night and her response was a somewhat sarcastic (REALLY). I said yes really and her replay was another (really) that didn't sound like she thought I knew what I was talking about. So I said YES REALLY.... Lee said so. All of a sudden her replay was (Oh Really) in a big upbeat positive manner LOL!!! You would have had to been there to get the full feel but it was funny as heck. It was like as soon as it came out of your mouth it became believable LOL!!! It must have been that star gazing session you had with her in Q last winter.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Diane and I were sitting outside this evening and I told her about the Eclipse tomorrow night and her response was a somewhat sarcastic (REALLY). I said yes really and her replay was another (really) that didn't sound like she thought I knew what I was talking about. So I said YES REALLY.... Lee said so. All of a sudden her replay was (Oh Really) in a big upbeat positive manner LOL!!! You would have had to been there to get the full feel but it was funny as heck. It was like as soon as it came out of your mouth it became believable LOL!!! It must have been that star gazing session you had with her in Q last winter.

Thanks to Astronomy magazine I get real smart right after I read their articles. LOL I think Diane is still a little puzzled about how I could point to the comet with the lazer then tell her I couldn't see the comet but I should be very close. I knew where it should be in relation to the other stars that I could see. Diane would make a great astronomer with her enthusiasm and intense interest in what is up there in the sky.

You too Steve44 with your Oh! Really LOL

Being in Texas I don't think we'll see much of the eclipse, and I didn't bring my good camera so.......

although, the view out my mother in laws back yard is spectacular and thats where the moon will rise.

we' ll see......

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Hear is the Time table for the lunar eclipse for Mountain Daylight time. For Pacific and Arizona subtract an hour , for Central add an hour (Later) and 2 hours later for eastern.

Enters Penumbral (light shadow no bite out of moon) visable from central texas east) 6:11:47 PM

Partial eclipse starts (bite out of moon) (visable from central texas east) 7:07:13 PM

FULL eclipse starts (moon completely covered) (moon just rising in NM & AZ) 8:11:12 PM

Maximum Eclipse (Rusty red stage center of shadow) 8:47:09 PM

FULL ECLIPSE ENDS 9:23:05 PM

Partial eclipse ends 10:27:05 PM

Penumbral ends 11:22:31 PM

LINDA L, if you go out at 3 AM you'll see a pretty (normal) moon its all over. Start looking at 8:11 PM Tonight you'll see the whole thing and it will all end at 1:22 AM. The part where the shadow starts to creep across the moon will start for you at 9:07 PM EDT.

Roger; You said something about loosing 30K if you traded the beaver in to get another coach. You could cut your losses but you could also start all over again with all the bugs. If it were me I don't think I would go for another class a. Maybe a quality 5ver or TT. But I would want my home and my transportation in 2 different packages. Coaches are inherently expensive to maintain or repair. The initial cost is about the same because you have to figure in the tow vehicle for a trailer but if one breaks down you still have the other with a trailer and truck. And trailers are much less expensive to maintain or repair. PS. you can park by me anytime, I'll put a big gauze mask over the grill of the Navion. LOL I know it's hard to laugh with all you've been through but it's the best medicine.

Lee, I couldn't agree more. We should've had this talk before Lynn and I went to FL two years ago and traded in the Rooster. Not your fault...I should've asked...LOL! I've been asked by several couples recently about my opinion on my class A-. They have TT's and it's usually the husband that wants one. You should see the look on both of their faces when I tell them how much of a money pit most are. The guy is frowning and the wife is grinning!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Lee, I couldn't agree more. We should've had this talk before Lynn and I went to FL two years ago and traded in the Rooster. Not your fault...I should've asked...LOL! I've been asked by several couples recently about my opinion on my class A-. They have TT's and it's usually the husband that wants one. You should see the look on both of their faces when I tell them how much of a money pit most are. The guy is frowning and the wife is grinning!

Remember the ceremony we talked about it? We'll perform a big one on both the Beaver and the Jeep!

Our plans are to put us back on the road next Sunday. Our air conditioner in the RV is supposed to be fixed by then. Hopefully, its done. It's just too hot without it. We thought about delaying departure from here but the feet are twitching. We're ready to do something else.

No clouds in the sky here now. Wonder if anything would be visible for us? I'd be good for the early timetable but not so much for the later one. :))

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I took the little trailer out of storage this morning and parked it beside the big trailer to recharge the batteries and sweep the dust out. I've got the frig in the big trailer down to 37 degrees so I can move the food out of the Navion but ran out of steam so will cook dinner in the Navion tonight and move the food over here tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll retry the barber shops and maybe be able to get rid of this bush I'm hiding in. The fellow that wants the little trailer should call Tuesday. I think I'll be ready for him. I want to leave again there is too much work that has to be done around here. I also want to cut another King size sheet in two and re-hem them to make another set of twin sheets for the Navion. Then take a truck load of laundry to the laundry. Both the Navion and the Hornet have full laundry hampers. Then add all the bedding and I might need two trucks full. So far we have clear skies for tonight I hope it stays that way for the Eclipse. My rig is parked in the best place in the park for viewing the Eclipse.

I would want my home and my transportation in 2 different packages.

I've never understood this justification for a trailer. If you have a class A towing a car you still have your home and transportation in two different packages.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I've never understood this justification for a trailer. If you have a class A towing a car you still have your home and transportation in two different packages.

Linda

Linda, it wouldn't make any difference if your home had to go in for repair. You would still have the toad to run around in. But if you have a problem with the engine or drive train of the coach you also loose your house while waiting for repairs. Motels get expensive in a hurry.