The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

What the heck are you finding in Gallina. They painted over that town when they put the stripe down the center of the highway. I hope they did something for that highway down from El Vado. The last time I was on it, it shook my filling out plus a few other things.

It has drizzled rain here all afternoon and evening. I'm about to go stir crazy. It's just now getting dark and still drizzling. I just checked the forcast and they are calling for more of the same tomorrow. Yuck. There is no TV signal here and NPR and that noize they now call music is all I can get on the radio. I don't watch TV anyway and NPR is just as bad as the noise. Plus I've read every thing I brought with me for reading. I guess a nagging wife would sound good about now. My singing even sounds good including all the sour notes.

Had no idea this area is called Gallina - this is very close to the Ghost Ranch and all of Georgia O'keefe landscapes. Beautiful COE park. went to the map and made sure my location is correct - LOL . they are acutally repaving hwy 84 between here and Los Alamos.

Hey Janice - on cool nights Mike does put some of his beer in the truck and then moves it to the frig in the morning! You sure got him figured out. LOL

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had no idea this area is called Gallina - this is very close to the Ghost Ranch and all of Georgia O'keefe landscapes. Beautiful COE park. went to the map and made sure my location is correct - LOL . they are acutally repaving hwy 84 between here and Los Alamos.

Julie you really got me confused now. I thought you meant the town of Gallina on NM 96. The road you would have taken to get down there from Heron lake would have been NM 112 that goes to El Vado State Park and beyond. It turns to gravel at El Vado for a few miles then is paved again down to NM 96 just west of Gallina. And, boy is it rough or was rough. Are you at the COE park at Abiquiu reservoir? That's about 30 miles east of the Town of Gallina. I didn't think Mike would ever let it be known that he was staying in a town named Chicken, especially one Named Hen. That's what Gallina translates into in English.

Today is nice and cool. It has been overcast all day and stayed in the 70's but no rain. It's 5 PM and the sun just came out for the first time. I've had guest almost all day with people that just saw me sitting out and came over to talk. About half the rigs here belong to local people who park their rig here to reserve the site for the weekend then drive over here for a couple hours every day to satisfy the ranger and the rule that you can't leave a rig uninhabited for more than 24 hours. Then on the weekend they invite a bunch of their friends and have a party. I'm really enjoying the park and getting in a lot of exercise walking.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Julie you really got me confused now. Are you at the COE park at Abiquiu reservoir? That's about 30 miles east of the Town of Gallina. I didn't think Mike would ever let it be known that he was staying in a town named Chicken.

I Think thats exactly where they are. Mike just sent us a gorgeous picture that he said was taken at the Abiquiu reservoir.

Real men can stay in a town called Chicken :)

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Four years ago today we sold the house. Our 2 year adventure has stretched to 4 and not sure when it'll end. Maybe 2 or 3 more before we buy a home base. Still looking for our utopia. Celebrated with unlimited salad, soup and bread sticks at Olive Garden for lunch after we had moved from Charleston, SC to Savannah, Ga. We'll be here a week maybe more.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Edited by SKP On the Go

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

I Think thats exactly where they are. Mike just sent us a gorgeous picture that he said was taken at the Abiquiu reservoir.

Real men can stay in a town called Chicken :)

Touche

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I've been Gading with my neighbors most of the afternoon and this evening we went to the little restaurant in Arrey NM about 5 miles down the road. The food is pretty good there but they could use a more extensive menu.

Yesterday I did a little more walking than usual. Today every time I sit down my left knee gets stiff and when I try to get up and walk it folds up on me and is very sore until I walk a ways to limber it up then it's OK until I sit down again. I had that knee replaced about 16 or 17 years ago. I hope nothing has broken loose so that I have to replace it again. When I had it done the first time they told me I should get about 10 years out of if. I got my money's worth but hate the idea of having to do that again. I don't remember of doing anything yesterday that would cause it to hurt. With the knee acting up I think I'll head back to Deming Saturday morning where I can get help if needed.

Four years ago today we sold the house. Our 2 year adventure has stretched to 4 and not sure when it'll end. Maybe 2 or 3 more before we buy a home base. Still looking for our utopia. Celebrated with unlimited salad, soup and bread sticks at Olive Garden for lunch after we had moved from Charleston, SC to Savannah, Ga. We'll be here a week maybe more.

Travel safe everyone.

Congrats on reaching 4 years!! And good luck finding utopia, the thing we are all searching for. Have a great time Savannah!!

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Travel safe everyone.

yeah, congrats on the anniversary and let us know where Utopia is- we'll come and visit you :)

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

This is our last day in Bryce, we will be moving on to Zion tomorrow. We will miss the cooler temps, it's been almost perfect with temps in the 70's mainly here but I know it won't be that way in Zion. Then we need to start dragging our feet a little.

Dave & Diane

2018 Ram 5500

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

My knee is acting a little better this morning. Maybe I just over did it yesterday and it needed a nice long rest. I hope. However I think I'll still go back to Deming Saturay morning. A whole bunch of my friends have returned there while I was out running around. Plus, I got a call from a guy that is interested in my little trailer. He is going to call again Monday or Tuesday to come take a look at it. So, I'd better make sure it's charged up and ready to be looked at. I've really enjoyed my stay in this park. I can always come back it's only about 70 miles over here coming through Hatch NM. It's a little too warm here in the summer but from fall to early spring it's great. I just have to remember to come on a Monday or Tuesday. You may not get a site any later in the week. It fills every weekend.

My knee is acting a little better this morning. Maybe I just over did it yesterday and it needed a nice long rest. I hope. However I think I'll still go back to Deming Saturay morning. A whole bunch of my friends have returned there while I was out running around. Plus, I got a call from a guy that is interested in my little trailer. He is going to call again Monday or Tuesday to come take a look at it. So, I'd better make sure it's charged up and ready to be looked at. I've really enjoyed my stay in this park. I can always come back it's only about 70 miles over here coming through Hatch NM. It's a little too warm here in the summer but from fall to early spring it's great. I just have to remember to come on a Monday or Tuesday. You may not get a site any later in the week. It fills every weekend.

Confusion is ofen my state of mind, nice to know I can drag others along!

Glad your knee is better .. perhaps the exercise combined with damp weather cause it to complain.

Julie

Travel safe everyone.

Congrats from us too! Keep us posted on utopia!

Julie

Travel safe everyone.

Milestones are always fun... congrats! We'll miss you this winter, and look forward to catching up somewhere/sometime down the road!

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

Lee,

One of my bio-knees acts up occasionally. Feels like I twisted something but these mechanical things aren't supposed to be able to twist. Mine is also past its expiration date, though, so maybe it is wearing out. Like you, I'm not in any hurry to find out that may be true. As long as the twinges heal quickly I'm going to go right on ignoring them.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Confusion? OH YEAH, I'm on that train!! Have been for a long time and am still getting my ticket punched. :rolleyes:

We landed here in Berthoud Colorado to visit my sister before continuing our trek to northern Idaho. As we were nearing the Denver area, all of a sudden my turn signals quit. Hmmmm Nice to enter busy traffic with no signals, and oh yeah it was busy! We managed to get to my sisters without anybody running in to us, but just a block from her house I had to turn right and the guy approaching the intersection on my right would not go. He was waiting for me, but I had no signal lights and was having to wait for him to go as it was a narrow street. A Mexican standoff! He finally gave me a salute :huh: and moved on. Mumble mumble....... The next morning I started to troubleshoot the signals. I got out the wiring diagrams, finally found the right fuse panel on page 20 and with that attacked the problem. I got down, crawled in front of the drivers seat to get a light on the problem area, and ...............and..............found the flasher laying on the floor under the box. AArrgghhh! all I had to do was plug it in again and viola! Problem solved! I could have fixed it waaaay sooner if I had just looked on the floor before I started this research. Oh well, it's fixed, and if my turn signals ever quit again (especially after traveling over many rough roads) I'll look on the floor first. Nuff said! <_<

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Confusion? OH YEAH, I'm on that train!! Have been for a long time and am still getting my ticket punched. :rolleyes:

We landed here in Berthoud Colorado to visit my sister before continuing our trek to northern Idaho. As we were nearing the Denver area, all of a sudden my turn signals quit. Hmmmm Nice to enter busy traffic with no signals, and oh yeah it was busy! We managed to get to my sisters without anybody running in to us, but just a block from her house I had to turn right and the guy approaching the intersection on my right would not go. He was waiting for me, but I had no signal lights and was having to wait for him to go as it was a narrow street. A Mexican standoff! He finally gave me a salute :huh: and moved on. Mumble mumble....... The next morning I started to troubleshoot the signals. I got out the wiring diagrams, finally found the right fuse panel on page 20 and with that attacked the problem. I got down, crawled in front of the drivers seat to get a light on the problem area, and ...............and..............found the flasher laying on the floor under the box. AArrgghhh! all I had to do was plug it in again and viola! Problem solved! I could have fixed it waaaay sooner if I had just looked on the floor before I started this research. Oh well, it's fixed, and if my turn signals ever quit again (especially after traveling over many rough roads) I'll look on the floor first. Nuff said! <_<

After that episode I think you're running for Governor of the state of confusion. Gee I wanted that job.

Thanks y'all we'll let you know when we find utopia. LOL. Utopia is in the state of confusion I think.

Lee, hope your knee is feeling better.

Steve, you know your going to the mountains a bit late in the year? Got your snow shovel with you?

Travel safe everyone.

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Congratulations Steve on your fix! Wish that ours was as easy. Pulled into a CG near Spartanburg, SC on the 14th for a week and we're still here. Went to unhook the Jeep and discovered that the transfer case shift cable had come off again. A fellow local camper suggested a shop nearby so we had it towed there. They still have it. Supposed to be done the next day but, then they discovered that they couldn't shift it into 2H. They've pulled the transfer case twice ans sent it to a tranny shop and replaced the cable. Same results. They're gonna put the tran case back on this a.m. and I'm not optimistic as they didn't find any problem. BTW, Lynn and I ran the case to the shop and back ourselves to Greenville...50 miles round trip just to save $ and time. Hopefully, it will drive in 4w and we can get it to the Jeep shop. Should of sent it there in the first place.

Pouring down rain right now and we have to move to another CG today as this one is booked. Oh, and our brand new $10K Aqua-Hot unit is on the fritz for the second time in less than a year. It's still under warranty but, we have to find a qualified tech somewhere. The depression is getting worse...not sure how much longer we can take this on the road thing! :unsure:

Roger

Edited by Lil' Red Rooster

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Well, our day went from the pits to mucho better shortly after I posted my frustration! Just as I was backing the MH into our new site I received a call from the repair shop with the great news that they'd finally fixed it. Turns out that they hadn't noticed the bracket just beyond the firewall that the shift cable needed to be attached to....duh. :blink:

$1100 in new parts and labor, $280 for a rental car and $80 for a tow all for a $0.40 failed plastic bushing. Gonna load up on some spare bushings for sure! This is the second time that the bushing has failed. The upside is that after seeing everything and where it is located I now know how to do it myself next time. And thank you Jeff for your support and links to the video and the Jeep Forum topic! I have them bookmarked.

Next it's on to Myrtle Beach for three days where I can pick up the parts for the broken slide out awning that are there waiting for me! :rolleyes:

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Dang, Roger, that's learning the hard way! Glad you got it fixed though! Take a few days off, you earned it. :(

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Dang, Roger, that's learning the hard way! Glad you got it fixed though! Take a few days off, you earned it. :(

Thanks Steve...then it's on to the next repair...but, first a few celebratory cranberries for this one!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Thanks Steve...then it's on to the next repair...but, first a few celebratory cranberries for this one!

Roger

CHEERS!!!!,,,,,, and CHEERS again!!!

Dave & Diane

2018 Ram 5500

We had so much fun the other night. We took the kids to the Grand Escape here in Billings. They lock you in a room and give you 60 minutes to decipher all the clues and get out. It was a fabulous fun time. We didn't escape in the 60 minutes but we were close. If you ever get a chance to do something like that - go for it. Really makes the ole brain work hard which, I guess, is good for it.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com