Classes of 2008 and 2009

looking for a motorcycle rider? Saw an article about the guy trying to break a driving on water record that didn't make it. The water being Canyon Ferry Lake. He even had a life jacket and a safety rope. Sad news. But what was he thinking?????? And a night too.

Glad to hear Jim is getting out fishing. And I love walleye.

We don't have plans yet for winter. Maybe AZ, maybe not.

What's really sad about that motorcycle rider is that just a week before he had ridden his bike 17 miles across Canyon Ferry. 19 years old and I've decided 19 year old males don't think.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thinking about the Escapade in March at Tucson again. We don't plan on Q next year. Hope everyone is well. Thinking of Lee and keeping him in our prayers.

Life is good!!!

Freddy & Delcie

Well, when you hear about details for the Escapade, let us know. We always seem to be the last to hear and we just might sign up for it too!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

There's been some talk of Borrego Springs for a meet up this winter. That could work, maybe?

Then there's always Havasu, lol

We can fit some, maybe not all though. Hot tub holds 8 - we tested it :)

We might head to Tucson in March as well, not to Escapade though.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Well, when you hear about details for the Escapade, let us know. We always seem to be the last to hear and we just might sign up for it too!

Jeri here is a thread on the Escapade 2017 in Tucson. We might attend also.

http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=123796

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Sorry about offending folks. Apparently the smiley face didn't work. You do all know I have not been to a gathering for several years, right? In fact, I no longer own an RV. If you'd like, you can all vote me off the island now. But, I hope you don't.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Sorry about offending folks. Apparently the smiley face didn't work. You do all know I have not been to a gathering for several years, right? In fact, I no longer own an RV. If you'd like, you can all vote me off the island now. But, I hope you don't.

Linda

Well, Minnesota isn't really known as a snowbird destination except during the summer. I'm thinking it would be really hard for you to attend a reunion. Besides, there'd be a lot of people you wouldn't know. It's more of a gathering now than a reunion. No one is going to vote you off the island! You're an original !

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Well, Minnesota isn't really known as a snowbird destination except during the summer. I'm thinking it would be really hard for you to attend a reunion. Besides, there'd be a lot of people you wouldn't know. It's more of a gathering now than a reunion. No one is going to vote you off the island! You're an original !

Jere said it best! :-)

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Too bad Linda, you're part of us!! No getting out of this group! :):):):) :)

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Thanks everyone. I do still feel connected to the original members even though I don't know anyone who came along after 2011.

Linda

I know you Linda! How soon they forget...sigh...Roger (class of 2012). :P

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

I know you Linda! How soon they forget...sigh...Roger (class of 2012). :P

I know you too, Roger. It's my date that was wrong. I forgot I went solo to a reunion after Dave stopped traveling. Sorry about that.

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I know you too, Roger. It's my date that was wrong. I forgot I went solo to a reunion after Dave stopped traveling. Sorry about that.

Linda

I knew you knew, Linda...just a poor attempt on my part to add a lil' levity to this topic. :unsure:

R

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

I want to share with you a few pieces of a note I received today from IYQ and his niece. They wrote it together. If you want to send him a card, let me know and I'll give you his address. I don't want to post the address online.

-----------------------------------------------------

"He hasn't been able to read and write emails on his own, but he is doing speech and occupational therapy so hopefully we will see some improvements soon.

He moved in about 2 weeks ago and is still adjusting. His speech is a little jumbled, but the Therapist thinks he can definitely help Lee's speech. Anyway, just wanted to update you guys on Lee. He has turned off his cell phone (his number is still connected, he just won't answer the phone), because he says he can't answer it. He laughed pretty heartily at your joke about breaking him out! Ha ha I wish and I know he wishes that he could still be out traveling around. "

Take Care,
Lee and Cameron

---------------------------

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

I want to share with you a few pieces of a note I received today from IYQ and his niece. They wrote it together. If you want to send him a card, let me know and I'll give you his address. I don't want to post the address online.

-----------------------------------------------------

"He hasn't been able to read and write emails on his own, but he is doing speech and occupational therapy so hopefully we will see some improvements soon.

He moved in about 2 weeks ago and is still adjusting. His speech is a little jumbled, but the Therapist thinks he can definitely help Lee's speech. Anyway, just wanted to update you guys on Lee. He has turned off his cell phone (his number is still connected, he just won't answer the phone), because he says he can't answer it. He laughed pretty heartily at your joke about breaking him out! Ha ha I wish and I know he wishes that he could still be out traveling around. "

Take Care,

Lee and Cameron

---------------------------

Thanks for sharing that Jeri...gotta go by some stamps!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Stamps? What's that?

Ha! I felt that coming...LOL! :P

R

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Had a great time visiting with Linda and Dave Sands today. Linda was looking great. We talked about everybody that wasn't there, a lot. Hope your ears are burning!!! I told Linda and Dave they couldn't leave the class because once a member always a member. Besides she helps keep everyone straight.

Jerry

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Had a great time visiting with Linda and Dave Sands today. Linda was looking great. We talked about everybody that wasn't there, a lot. Hope your ears are burning!!! I told Linda and Dave they couldn't leave the class because once a member always a member. Besides she helps keep everyone straight.

Jerry

We enjoyed our visit with Jerry & Janice also. We stayed at Cracker Barrel for two hours only to discover they had people waiting to get in. Who expects that on Monday?

Linda

Great to see that Lee is getting settled and in therapy. Sure hope he can get back on track and able to communicate. I'm sure it is frustrating to him not to be able to communicate. When I talked to him he said he could still think fine, but he couldn't get it out. All we can do is pray he will recover to some good place that he can deal with. I don't know about this getting old stuff, but it sure isn't for sissies!!

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

We finally made it to the Canyon Ferry Lake KOA. Now if the weather will calm down, Jim will hopefully be bringing home dinner a few times.

Enjoy the rest ... I know you both need it.

We had our last birthday party today for another month. We've had four of them in a row and glad that's over with. A family reunion follows next weekend. My cousin is in charge of hosting this year but she wanted to host it at our place .... ugh. When that's over and if Terry doesn't have any more follow up appointments, we're taking off for vacation. All I can say is it's about time. We need a rest!! Not quite sure where we'll head yet .... maybe Glacier and maybe not. You know how that goes.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Time to start thinking about hitting the road - kids are heading back to school. I can't believe school in some areas has already started. YIKES!! As retired school teachers, we are sure glad school didn't start until closer to Labor Day.

We plan on heading to Gettysburg around the 12th of September and then roam down the East Coast before heading West. Hope to be in Houston for Thanksgiving with our daughter and then on to Arizona for the winter.

Safe travels everyone!!!

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Time to start thinking about hitting the road - kids are heading back to school. I can't believe school in some areas has already started. YIKES!! As retired school teachers, we are sure glad school didn't start until closer to Labor Day.

We plan on heading to Gettysburg around the 12th of September and then roam down the East Coast before heading West. Hope to be in Houston for Thanksgiving with our daughter and then on to Arizona for the winter.

Safe travels everyone!!!

Definitely looking forward to seeing you guys in Arizona. Good times.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Safe travels everyone!!!

Wow, school started already. It never starts before the day after Labour Day in Canada.

We liked Gettysburg. Doug loved the history. We stayed at Artillery Ridge which is right in the battlefields, very interesting. We also did the Hersey's tour. Very tasty.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png