Classes of 2008 and 2009

Guest coldsmoke

IYQ, when you gonna be in Q ?

we stopped at edwards afb , for rest and relaxation and refit the food supply at comissary. never benn here but looks great, full hookups for 15 a night,

jerry, when you guys leaving q ?

mike and deb

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IYQ, when you gonna be in Q ?

we stopped at edwards afb , for rest and relaxation and refit the food supply at comissary. never benn here but looks great, full hookups for 15 a night,

jerry, when you guys leaving q ?

mike and deb

First ... when you getting here? Tomorrow?

Terry said Monday ... maybe. Then, again, he said maybe we'll make a day trip to Phoenix. It's tough making all these decisions.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Guest coldsmoke

First ... when you getting here? Tomorrow?

Terry said Monday ... maybe. Then, again, he said maybe we'll make a day trip to Phoenix. It's tough making all these decisions.

probaly not untill tuesday

gonna do vet day here(maybe)

will let you know

mike

Another Jim update. They decided to keep him over night cause it was so late when he finally got out of recovery. They he had to lie flat on his back for another four hours. Better that he just stayed and I'll go get him in the morning. The surgeon was able to put in one stent but there is another artery that is 100% blocked. So we get to go back and do this all over again in about two weeks. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. He's feeling great - hungry so you know he's okay. I'm exhausted and going to bed. Night all.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Another Jim update. They decided to keep him over night cause it was so late when he finally got out of recovery. They he had to lie flat on his back for another four hours. Better that he just stayed and I'll go get him in the morning. The surgeon was able to put in one stent but there is another artery that is 100% blocked. So we get to go back and do this all over again in about two weeks. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. He's feeling great - hungry so you know he's okay. I'm exhausted and going to bed. Night all.

Thanks for the update. Such an ordeal and more fun in 2 weeks. Glad it went well. We're thinking of you. Hang in there.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Well at least you get to sleep without worrying about waking him tonight or feeding him in the morning. Then it's back to full service waiting. Know that we are all here waiting with you.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Continued wishes and prayers for Jim (and you, Sandie); hope to hear more good news in a couple weeks!

Are you going to the Banner facility in Mesa?!? (We've heard such good things about them, we finally bought a place there.)

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

Continued wishes and prayers for Jim (and you, Sandie); hope to hear more good news in a couple weeks!

Are you going to the Banner facility in Mesa?!? (We've heard such good things about them, we finally bought a place there.)

-Don

Don

No, all of our doctors are in Scottsdale so his surgeries are at Shea Hospital out there. Absolutely fantastic health care down here in this valley. We have never had doctors who care as much or are as thorough as we have down here. So glad we are here for all this stuff.

However, Banner is also a great hospital. My Aunt and a few other people built that hospital. If you go in the emergency room there is a huge painting of her on the wall. The chapel in the hospital was built by her and has her name on it. And a bunch of other stuff. Her name is Norma Mercer. She's 99 years old and still going strong. She also lives in Mesa.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Well, Verizon finally gave me enough signal to get online. I tried for about 2 hour yesterday and never did get an internet connection. My MyFi don't have a way to dial *228 and get an update for roaming towers. My Phone works fine here but the router has all kinds of trouble getting online.

We had a dust storm today. Winds here only got to 30 mph as messured on my anamometer but they were much higher over near the Chocholate Mountains. This evening I took the President (of Slab Lows) to dinner in Brawley. I think she just wanted to get away for a while.

I was just about ready to poke the send button and noticed that Verizon has dropped me off the internet again. so this may or may not get sent. If you guys were going to be in Q a little longer I'd drive over there. It just doesn't make money sense to pull my rig over there for one day. So I'll see y'all at Sidewinder.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Both good and bad news. Glad to hear the good news and yes if he's hungry he's doing good.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

It just doesn't make money sense to pull my rig over there for one day. So I'll see y'all at Sidewinder.

Well, we've sat here pushing 2 weeks now. That's almost 2 weeks longer than we had planned. However, I'm sure you know how our plans go. We'll probably head on into the Phoenix area the first of the week .... maybe. :D I think Toni and Doug are going to hang around for a while. Denise may or may not. Originally she was going to leave Friday but then the winds blew in and that changed.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Guest coldsmoke

Change 543. we wont be in q at all. headed to las vegas for thanksgiving , will stay there 2 weeks and then on to san antonio and houston.

probaly will be back in jan to q

mike and deb

Change 543. we wont be in q at all. headed to las vegas for thanksgiving , will stay there 2 weeks and then on to san antonio and houston.

probaly will be back in jan to q

mike and deb

I know what you mean about changes. Now we're thinking we might just hang around for a few more days and delay the move into Phoenix. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

I had [planned on it, even made reservations at Rivers Edge for Jan and Feb. But just have to much happening here at the Homestead. While I'll miss the campfires, and seeing everyone, I will have a nice warm "Man Cave" to spend my time in.

I'll make a couple of trips to the coast and hope to catch a good storm for some wave action pictures instead of sitting down there wearing shorts and T shirts.

Joe

Know how these changes go....we've really had our share of change of plans this year. Not really solicited either!We will miss ya in Arizona...and I am cautious saying we will be up there again this summer, as we have to go back to Indiana in May! Would really like to see some of those Wave Pictures however! Hope you can share :} Nothing wrong with a Man Cave! I am sitting in my Woah man cave right now listening to honest to goodness thunder in November! Somebody p'd off Mother Nature for sure!!!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Thanks for the update. Such an ordeal and more fun in 2 weeks. Glad it went well. We're thinking of you. Hang in there.

Tina and Jeff

Ditto ..... what Tina said.... we think of you often and all of our good thoughts and prayers your way...hope then that's the end of it. In the meantime, you better practice up on running, as when he gets all done, he'll be chasing ya around for sure! ;)

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Madam Verizon is messing with me again tonight. I didn't do much today except carve a sign for my place here at the Slabs. It Says "Lee's Lair". I think it's fitting. I may come to Q in Jan if you guys get back there then go from there to Sidewinder when we meet down there. I don't change plans I just do a lot of " I "MAY" do or go so and so. That little word covers all most as much ground as "If". It's been cold all day. I've been wearing my heavy jacket and had the heater going all morning.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Madam Verizon is messing with me again tonight. I didn't do much today except carve a sign for my place here at the Slabs. It Says "Lee's Lair". I think it's fitting. I may come to Q in Jan if you guys get back there then go from there to Sidewinder when we meet down there. I don't change plans I just do a lot of " I "MAY" do or go so and so. That little word covers all most as much ground as "If". It's been cold all day. I've been wearing my heavy jacket and had the heater going all morning.

May, Might, Maybe ... lots of those words out there that we use. Right now the plan is to return to "Q" in January around the time of the Big Tent and then down to Sidewinder. That's the plan. We're really good at making plans. It's the keeping of them that's difficult. :blink:

We also talked about the Hot Springs LTVA ... that's a May, Might and a Maybe.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Know how these changes go....we've really had our share of change of plans this year. Not really solicited either!We will miss ya in Arizona...and I am cautious saying we will be up there again this summer, as we have to go back to Indiana in May! Would really like to see some of those Wave Pictures however! Hope you can share :} Nothing wrong with a Man Cave! I am sitting in my Woah man cave right now listening to honest to goodness thunder in November! Somebody p'd off Mother Nature for sure!!!

Seems like this has been a year for plans getting changed for a whole lot of us. I'm sure gonna miss seeing the group this winter, but then there is next year. It would be good to see you guys up here next summer, should you make it this far.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Morning everyone. We are sitting in a nice RV park just Southwest of Charleston, SC. called Lake Aire RV park. They parked us right by a little pond full of ducks and in a clearing so our TV and wifi work fine. They have a civil war reenactment today just north of here so we're going to head out and see that. The temp here is 75 during the day and 40s at night. We will probably stay here about 4 days then head out to Atlanta to see my cousin. Then we will head for Red Bay, Alabama to have a couple of things done on the bus at the Tiffin factory. We have a "wet bay" floor issue that they are going to warranty and we are going to also replace the carpet. Don't know how long that is going to take, as it is "first come first served", but I guess we'll find out. Looks like Florida for sure next, so we won't be heading West until spring. Y'all come down, here! :lol:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Morning everyone. We are sitting in a nice RV park just Southwest of Charleston, SC. called Lake Aire RV park. They parked us right by a little pond full of ducks and in a clearing so our TV and wifi work fine. They have a civil war reenactment today just north of here so we're going to head out and see that. The temp here is 75 during the day and 40s at night. We will probably stay here about 4 days then head out to Atlanta to see my cousin. Then we will head for Red Bay, Alabama to have a couple of things done on the bus at the Tiffin factory. We have a "wet bay" floor issue that they are going to warranty and we are going to also replace the carpet. Don't know how long that is going to take, as it is "first come first served", but I guess we'll find out. Looks like Florida for sure next, so we won't be heading West until spring. Y'all come down, here! :lol:

We stayed at that park when we visitied Charleston before retiring. We were there the end of December between holidays and the weather was great.

Still at Amazon...things are really slow. Have been hear since August 27th and have only worked a few 40 hour weeks!! We have been taught owe to receive, stow and now we are working with special projects building more bins for storage. We are hoping that this will be the last year we will have to work here.

Plans are to go the Texas and then New Orleans, Biloxi and St Augustine Fla and then up to Virginia for the summer.

Everyone take care

Linda

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Glad your going to get the wet bay under warranty. We did ours last March. Did the factory tour again. Don't remember if you've been to Red Day before...You have to go out to Coon Dog Cemetery if you have time.

Steve & Sandy

Papillon's Yoda & Ruby

2008 Phaeton 40QDH DP

http://allgire-travels.blogspot.com

Still at Amazon...things are really slow.

Not my fault given the number of things I bought for the new rig. Still have a couple yet to buy, too, but waiting for the budget to catch up a bit.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I did a whole lot of nothing today. But, the only thing I can remember is I had roast Pork for dinner. Typical man. I'm going to have a 300 gallon Water tank installed on a stand outside my trailer. It only cost $45 and the same when they refill it. Then He'll come get his tank when I'm ready to leave. I could just fill while I'm at the dump but that takes a century. With the water supply here I can just dump and get out of there then come back here and fill my fresh tank. I won't have to be so conservative with showers and such this way. I can always water the Creosote bushes with the gray water and just be careful with the black tank. I might go as far as having a goffer whole dug and be just like a stick and brick. I don't really like to see people doing the goffer hole bit but there is already one under just about every bush. Be careful where you drive.

JERI: Your May, Maybe, Might, Probably List looks a lot like mine so MAYBE we'll see each other in January at Q and Sidewinder. As for Holtsville there were only a couple RV's visable from I-8 when I came past there. You better check to make sure the bridge is not still closed. Coming in from the East is about 10 miles of frontage road and it's like a plowed field. Coming in from the other bridge north of the LTVA along the Canal Road is a mess also. You might enjoy Glamis to play with your 4 wheelers for a while. There is also a hot spring just east of where you cross the canal on 86 right where it changes from farmland to desert. The pool is only luke warm but that would be more comfortable anyway. They say clothing is optional. There are no facilities there like bathhouse etc. It's south of 86 and easy to locate because of the Oasis it creates.