Classes of 2008 and 2009

JERI: Your May, Maybe, Might, Probably List looks a lot like mine so MAYBE we'll see each other in January at Q and Sidewinder. As for Holtsville there were only a couple RV's visable from I-8 when I came past there. You better check to make sure the bridge is not still closed. Coming in from the East is about 10 miles of frontage road and it's like a plowed field. Coming in from the other bridge north of the LTVA along the Canal Road is a mess also. You might enjoy Glamis to play with your 4 wheelers for a while. There is also a hot spring just east of where you cross the canal on 86 right where it changes from farmland to desert. The pool is only luke warm but that would be more comfortable anyway. They say clothing is optional. There are no facilities there like bathhouse etc. It's south of 86 and easy to locate because of the Oasis it creates.

We moved our departure from "Q" back until Thursday or Friday now. It just keep changes. I thought the bridge was fixed but have no idea either. We took a look at Glamis last year. You're right. I'd like to stay there but just a couple days. That actually might be well more than enough. I'm going to have to check the hot top on 86. I'd just have to hope the optional clothes bit means the tub is empty. Anyway who wants to see naked old people??? .

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest coldsmoke

We moved our departure from "Q" back until Thursday or Friday now. It just keep changes. I thought the bridge was fixed but have no idea either. We took a look at Glamis last year. You're right. I'd like to stay there but just a couple days. That actually might be well more than enough. I'm going to have to check the hot top on 86. I'd just have to hope the optional clothes bit means the tub is empty. Anyway who wants to see naked old people??? .

YOU GUYS MIGHT AS WELL COME TO VEGAS FOR thanksgiving, great food. plus i will be there.. oh and deb and smokey

mike and deb

YOU GUYS MIGHT AS WELL COME TO VEGAS FOR thanksgiving, great food. plus i will be there.. oh and deb and smokey

mike and deb

Hey Mike,

Are you guys sticking around in Vegas for "Cowboy Christmas?"

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

for the 1st time in many years, i dont think so. but you never know with me

mike

I have friends that go every year and have been thinking about flying down for a couple of days during the show, but like you, one never knows with me. :o

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Guest coldsmoke

I have friends that go every year and have been thinking about flying down for a couple of days during the show, but like you, one never knows with me. :o

Joe

if we decide to stay that long ill let you know, but doubt this year we will. been to to many of them. real plans are for us to bein texas for dec.

mike

It got to 73 today and was down to 49 last night. I guess I've really become a desert rat. I wore my heavy jacket all day long. Back in NC I had sweat rolling off me at 80 degrees. Here at 80 degrees I'm wearing a jacket if I'm in the shade. I set the time on my sun dial today. I set my phone to ring 2 minutes before every hour. When it rang I went out side and adjusted the rock that marked that time so the center of the shadow from the stake was directly in the center of the rock. then placed smaller stones along the shadow line for the hour. i.e. 12 stones for twelve o'clock, etc. I'd go out and get a life if they had them in Wal-Mart. Guess I'll have to start another carving project.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

if we decide to stay that long ill let you know, but doubt this year we will. been to to many of them. real plans are for us to bein texas for dec.

mike

Right on, probably won't happen for me either. I'll most likely still be here at Spiker's RV Resort working on Projects. ;)

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Jeri, saw your question on my blog, thought you'd see the answer here sooner. Yes, I'm still around & traveling. I transitioned into more of a snow birder and part time traveler. I stay at my base in Colorado most of the summer, and my ranch outside Deming most of the winter, and do part time RV travels from both; as well as lots of ATV & Harley rides year round.

Anyone coming through Deming in the winter or South Fork in the summer, lunch or dinner is on me. (maybe an exception for IYQ he eats spaghetti faster than I can cook it.)

PS: when I showed up in Deming a few weeks ago and asked where all the single ladies went, I was told they all follwed some guy named Lee to California.

Jim

when I showed up in Deming a few weeks ago and asked where all the single ladies went, I was told they all follwed some guy named Lee to California.

That's 'cause be takes them all out to dinner. :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Now I'm wondering where all those Cowgirls went. I couldn't find anyone to go to dinner with me tonight so I drove into Calipatria, (8 miles) and bought a pizza to bring back to my trailer. I get my fill of pasta here. I found a real good Italian Restaurant and go there frequently. Now all I have to do is figure out why my waist line keeps getting larger. It must be something in the water. I've been busy all day but now I can't think of a thing I did except go to Happy Hour. Which reminds me I sprayed the little bird house I carved with Clear enamel today and that was the last can of spray paint I had. I better stock up again. Now I'm trying to figure out what I should carve next. Maybe a cowgirl.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Now I'm wondering where all those Cowgirls went. I couldn't find anyone to go to dinner with me tonight so I drove into Calipatria, (8 miles) and bought a pizza to bring back to my trailer. I get my fill of pasta here. I found a real good Italian Restaurant and go there frequently. Now all I have to do is figure out why my waist line keeps getting larger. It must be something in the water. I've been busy all day but now I can't think of a thing I did except go to Happy Hour. Which reminds me I sprayed the little bird house I carved with Clear enamel today and that was the last can of spray paint I had. I better stock up again. Now I'm trying to figure out what I should carve next. Maybe a cowgirl.

[/quote

You might try that Lee, but just be careful of slivers! :rolleyes:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Ya Steve those slivers can get wicked. The President of LOW's International pulled in today. She always shines up to me. She likes the places I take here for dinner. Maybe I won't have to carve that Cowgirl now. The one good thing about carving a cowgirl is she wouldn't talk back. But then again there is Charley McCarthy. He did a lot of talking and wasn't too kind to Edgar

We had a few rigs come in from the 49ers Gathering at Death Valley today. We are gaining but are way behind the number of rigs we had here at this time last year. When California had all the $5+ gas it probably changed a lot of plans for a lot of people. I paid $3.49 the other day when I filled up but I had to pay cash (No Credit Cards).

This evening for dinner we had Lasagna. It wasn't as good as the Lasagna at my favorite Italian Restaurant but it tasted pretty good anyway. Our Chapter President does all the cooking around here and does a pretty good job of it. She likes to cook. Tonight she ask if she should buy a steak for me because we have a "Burn your own Meat" night every Sunday and I don't go because I won't buy a bunch of hamburger just to have something to cook over at the slab when I don't cook at home. I'm a Zapper only. And I can't eat all the brats and stuff that most of the men take over there because of all the salt in them. I love them but they don't return the affection.

Movin' on, and movin' on again... left Clarksville, Va after two nights (great site at North Bend Park - COE, 50aEW for $5), did three nights in Hollywood (visiting niece's family farm), now leaving Savannah (Skidaway SP) after 2 nights & another niece visit complete.

Onward to Orlando (well, Winter Park & Lake Mary to check in with Mom's sister) -- hope to visit Ray & Janet Church in Oak Hill while there. After a few nights there, will press on to Estero, to check up on Mom's winter home -- she's not been there since '06, renters have been good, but now it's time to look into selling (finally); none of my siblings has an abiding interest in keeping the place.... so, gotta investigate the market to see what it'll bring.

Still planning to be back in Calif for Christmas week (about 4k miles from here)... that may be about it, though!

Safe travels, to all!

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

I am safely tucked into Rainbow's End for however long I decide to stay here. Going to have my new rig weighed tomorrow so living on batteries tonight but will plug everything in when I get back. Stocked up on groceries before I got here so I may not move for a long time.

Linda Sand

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Hey, Linda, way to go! Sounds like the new rig is doing fine. How does it drive? We like cracker barrel too, they serve a great breakfast. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I am safely tucked into Rainbow's End for however long I decide to stay here. Going to have my new rig weighed tomorrow so living on batteries tonight but will plug everything in when I get back. Stocked up on groceries before I got here so I may not move for a long time.

Linda Sand

Good for you. It doesn't snow much in Livingston so it's going to be much warmer than Minnesota.

Hey, Linda, way to go! Sounds like the new rig is doing fine. How does it drive? We like cracker barrel too, they serve a great breakfast. Steve

Cracker Barrel also serves a great lunch. Come to think of it -- a great dinner too. I bet you could even go in and get a late night snack. Sounds like a pretty expensive place to stay and probably not diet friendly. :lol:

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Congrats, Linda -- on the new rig and adventure!!! Good luck exploring the rig's features, and visiting with SKP's in Livingston -- say "hi" to our mailbox for us!

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

Todays Chore was to run the gas out of my generator so I can store it without gumming it up. I plugged the trailer into it and equalized my batteries while I was at it. When it ran out of gas I took the drain plug out of the bottom of the carburator and turned it upside down to get the remaining gas out of the tank. Just to be safe I tried running it on chock to clear the lines then drained the carburator again. I sure hope I got all the gas out. Maybe I ought to strike a match so I can see if there is any left in the bottom of the tank.(What's that Little Red thing flying through space. Hummm it Says Honda on the side. I didn't know they made space craft.)

The LOW international President arrived here at the Slabs yesterday. She had been leading a group on a Caravan up to Death Valley to the 49er's encampment and Blue Grass festival. I took her out to dinner tonight (Italian naturally) Just doing my duty you Know. Yes I do know what side my toast is buttered on.

Sounds like you're doing GREAT, Linda. Enjoy the Thanksgiving celebration at Rainbow's End.

We're right down the road in Houston (arriving Saturday evening 11/17 for about a month) so if you get down this way, give a yell. If we head up to Livingston, we'll stop for lunch.

Enjoy your stay

Paul & Marsha

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

I ate both supper and breakfast at that Cracker Barrel but managed not to buy the sweatshirt.

Got my new RV weighed today. It is underweight in every category! Wish I could say that about my body. :)

So I can keep buying stuff. Except I don't know what I want besides a screen for the slider door and that's not going to weigh much. Guess I could go back and buy the sweatshirt. :)

Linda Sand

Edited by sandsys

Today was check batteries day. Actually that was yesterday but I took so long equalizing them I didn't have time to check the Pacific gravity and add water where needed. It's all done now and good for another 30 days. Or, maybe 60 or 90 days depending on how energetic I am at the time.

Linda if you need some more weight to cart around I have a bunch you can borrow. I hope you enjoy the solo life.

I got a little tired after doing my chores this morning and took a Steve. I sure must have needed it because I slept for 3 hours.

Sounds like you're doing GREAT, Linda. Enjoy the Thanksgiving celebration at Rainbow's End.

We're right down the road in Houston (arriving Saturday evening 11/17 for about a month) so if you get down this way, give a yell. If we head up to Livingston, we'll stop for lunch.

Enjoy your stay

Paul & Marsha

Hey there Paul and Marsha...we're thinking of exploring that area this spring.....where do you stay in Houston?

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Hey there Paul and Marsha...we're thinking of exploring that area this spring.....where do you stay in Houston?

We stay at the Houston Elks Lodge. It is actually in Stafford, TX a southern suburb of Houston off Highway 59. You do not have to be an Elk to stay here (you pay a little extra). They have 10 FHU sites. Elk price is $15/nite or $325/month. I am not sure what the non-Elk price is.

Houston Elks Lodge 151

10150 W. Airport Blvd.

Stafford, TX 77477

Hope that helps

Paul

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

If you don't have to be an Elk I might use that information tomorrow. Our daughter is driving to Houston this evening and if she doesn't get another load right away (OTR driving) I might drive down to see her. We have neither one seen the other's new rig.

Linda Sand