CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

Not much longer and Ron & I will be on the move again. Our plans are to take the Natchez Trace Parkway on our way back to the east but a messageg from Tom & Paula indicate that they opted out of that route because of flooding. Guess we had better do some research before making hard and fast plans. We finally have the new washer & Dryer installed...what a fun job that was. But it sure is nice to have seperate units to get the wash out of the way. Sounds as if all of you are having grand times. We have avoided any really bad weather. It has stormed here but we generally miss the worst including the hail. Hope to see some of you soon onthe road.

Nana & Ron

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sandy and I return to sunny and warm Mn.not. We have some family stuff to take care of and work to do on sticks and bricks to get ready for sale. Is any of the class going to the FMCA rally in St.Paul,Mn.? Everyone play safe and drive careful.

Hey everyone:

I sure am glad our home has wheels.

We moved again this week, we are now at the SKP Park in Heiskell TN.

I didn't remember the sites here being so small, but they are kinda tight.

We got a call Monday night that our niece had lost her baby, (she was 6 mo along), my brotheer wrecked his MC on the way to the hospital to see his daughter, and his younger daughter had messed up her wrist when she tried to beat a concrete wall when she learned about her sister.

So needless to say we headed to Knoxville where they had flown my brother. He broke both bones in his left leg below the knee, and cut his face up pretty bad. They have to wait until the swelling goes down before they can attend to the broken bones. (10 to 21 days) They got his face stitched up, and are treating his leg to reduce the swelling.

His daughter had to deliver the baby and they are working on the funeral arrangments now.

The other daughter didn't break any bones in her wrist, but it will be sore for a few days.

The good part is we are baby sitting our 2 month old grand daughter right now and will get to see her and the other three grand babies a lot in the next few weeks.

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

Joe & Marcia,

We are so sorry to hear about your families misfortune. While we know you are enjoying the new baby we are sure this wasn't how you planned to do it.

We will be in Knoxville next week on Thursday to stop for the night on our way to Va. I will call you on Sat. or Sunday so we can hopefully set up a meet up if your family situation allows.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Tomorrow it is goodbye to Balcones. We will be in Livingston tomorrow night...anyone there?

Then it is on to Natchez MS up the NTP to Nashville, on to Knoxville then Roanoke Va. and into Virginia Beach. If anyone is along the way shout it out so we can hook-up.

Joe with luck on our side we should pull into Knoxville ey afternoon Thur. Can't wait to see you.

Nana

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Joe and Marcia, sorry to hear about all that has happened lately. You both are in our thoughts and prayers. At least you both are close to help your family. We are making a home base in Ohio, close to family and friends. Plan to go to the Eastern GJR, then off to Yuma for the winter again. Hope to see you sometime down the road. John

John & Doni, SKP# 90950, Class of 2005

Sally....the attack cat, Taco...the dog.

2004 Chevy 4500 Kodiak Crewcab w/ Monroe Pickup Bed

2003 36' HR Presidential 5'er

2005 Pontiac Vibe GT, 1989 Suzuki Sidekick...Little Zuke

Current pics on FaceBook

Howdy!

Joe and Marcia, So sorry to hear about your family, also in our prayers are Carolyn and Keith.

Just and update on our travels. California was great but struck out on the gold panning. We moved over to Reno, NV just in time for our first earth quake. Karen was not happy with that. Spent a few days in Ely, NV looking for Garnets and found a few small ones. Yesterday we moved to BLM land at Topaz Mountain outside of Delta, UT. Yep you guessed it where going to look for some Topaz today.

"Happy Trails"

chiefneon Gary & Karen

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

Thanks everyone!!!

Nana we are waiting to see you and Ron.

John, keep us posted we will be going to Ohio maybe in June.

Garey and Karen, I don't see how that truck can pull the 5er with all the rocks you two have dug up out there. I'm looking for a peice of silver wire to make a necklace out of an arrow head I now have.

Everyone take care and keep intouch.

Chasing the 70's

Hi all,

After a couple of weeks in Cottonwood, AZ at the state park we are now sitting the SKP park in Pahrump, NV until the 12th. Howie is going to make a quick trip to S. California next week (flying over driving back) to pick up the Honda Civic we bought from our daughter. We decided that we need something with better gas mileage to drive when we are sitting.

As soon as he gets back we are heading for eastern Nebraska to visit friends over Memorial Day. Then we will work our way north to the Boomers rally in SD in June and onto Gillette.

It is going to be terrific to see so many of you again in Gillette.

Don't forget to let Paul & Connie Anderson know if you plan to attend Escapade, so we can include you in plans for a class of 2007 get together.

Well by golly we recieved that extra money from Uncle Sam and if their was any doubt about what to do with it we are definitley "stimulating the RV Economy." in spit of the plans to hide it in savings.

Arrived in Livingston this afternoon to find a stress crack in our aluminum side wall... then as as I fired up the water heater to wash a few dishes I smelled a strange aroma ....Gee somebody must be grilling..nope Ron ran out side to find smoke coming from the water heater icon_eek.gif...further investigation unearthed the problem...bad regulator. So hopefully Monday AM in Natchez MS we will find an RV repair place to buy a new one.

We were just patting ourselves on the back about getting a whole year with out expensive mishap.

That is what I guess for speaking in front of the RV icon_rolleyes.gif

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Nana, if you turn left at the Escapees gate and go north about 1-1/2 mile on the right is a great honest rv repair shop. We had out triaxle brakes replaced there last Thanksgiving. The name is Joel E. West, Inc. 936-327-2611.

2001 Monaco Diplomat LE 40'.

Thanks Topfuel. WE are going to limp along for now. We have a contact in to Holiday Rambler and may take it to the factory in Indiana for repair. WE just have to figure out how extensive any underlying damage is.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Nana don't bring it to the University of TN, they are not to good on fractures.

Are you still going to make it to Knoxville?

Where is the stress fracture?

Hope to see you this week.

Chasing the 70's

Hey Joe,

The crack starts at the lower left corner of the opening for the bedroom slide and angles down toward the front.This is the area that sits over the truck. It is only about 4 inches long. On inspection we are assuming that the base of the construction is a horizontal steel beam then an aluminum strut on top. There appears to be a crack in the aluminum on an angle as well. There is a trim piece at the base and we both think that if that trim comes off then the skin underneath came come off and hopefully there will be a way to access it.

We will call Holiday Rambler in the morning and see if we can get any information and possible a referral to a good shop or maybe taking it to them to fix. Will know more in the morning and let you know the plan.

I am assuming that your reference to fixng bones is to your brother and that its not going well. Know your whole family is in our prayers.

Nana

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Yes it was, He was flown to UT hospital Monday evening around 7:30 PM. He laid there waiting to go to surgery until 8:30 AM. His leg had swollen up so bad that they couldn't do the surgery then, now it is Monday AM a week later and they still have not fixed the bones.

I hope the fracture in your 5er gets fixed quicker than his broken bones.

Chasing the 70's

Holy Moly, I need to check in here more often.

Joe and Marcia, I'm very sorry to hear about your family woes, that really sucks. Know that we'll be thinking about you often.

Nana, I thought I told you not to break stuff. icon_wink.gif

We're currently in Coarsegold,CA at the SKP Park and going to stay here til after Memorial Day.

From here to UT for Zion, Bryce and up to Yellowstone, on our way to Gillette.

Anyone who is going and hasn't let me know, please drop me a note so we can let you know about any get-togethers at Escapade.

pcallc1@gmail.com

Travel safe out there.

Paul

Our blog A Breath of Fresh Road

Paul & Connie

98 Monaco Windsor 38' DP (For Sale)

2004 Chevy Tracker

Started 10/8/07

Add me to those not really paying attention to this thread (I tend to follow the Yahoo group more but haven't read all those yet, either...LOL).

So....HUGE FROGGI HUGS to all want need (or want) them. Hate to hear of all the problems...

SKP hugs,
Donna [Froggi] & Stu
BLOGS: Our Prime Years ~ My Author Site
2000 Freightliner FL60, 2007 41' KZ Toy Hauler, 2015 HD Tri-Glide
SKP Lifetime #48337 ~ Good Sam Lifetime #42600353

Wow, I am so sorry to hear about all the broken people and rigs. It is not how the RV life is supposed to be. Nothing but good thoughts for everyone.

We ran into Marty here at the Pahrump SKP park, and had a really nice visit with him yesterday afternoon. I love how we keep running into one another in our travels. Wonder who will be next?

Travel Safe,

Okay,

Holiday Rambler tells us not to fret, we aren't going to fall apart. icon_smile.gifBut there still must be a hex going on this trip icon_confused.gif This Am we we're up andready to go, were the H*** is my purse? tear the truck apart...think think think. Maybe it fell out of the truck when we stopped the day before. No ranger , no phone at the campsite, no cellphone service. icon_mad.gif AHHHHHHHHHHH a maintenance guy comes along, calls his super who says he will call the ranger at the last stop and have another ranger come to us. Wait...Wait...1HR nothing, Unhook Ron drives back 15 miles to the last photo op. Nothing. Walk about 1/2 mile up a trail to the top of the hill call the park. Nobody (read the oh so helpful super???) has even called dispatch. Wait Some more...then low and behold out of the RV comes Ron with the goods..fallen down in a cupboard. Here comes the ranger. Ah alls well that ends well!!!!

Am I getting senile or what????

I can hear all of you laughing and that big thud was you hitting the floor as you fell of your chairs.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Well it has been a while since I posted here. We are on our way to Canada and Nova Scotia. We met some friends in San Antonio and followed them back home to Georgia.

We are now in Savannah GA at the Skidaway Island State Park. Plan to stay here a couple of weeks to catch up on mail and look around.

If your intrested you can look for us at this URL.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&ie=UT...8563a0a73eca213

We plan to go to Charlott NC, Maybe Ashville, then go up the Blue Ridge Parkway from Cherokee NC.

If anyone is in the area drop me a line and maybe we can connect up.

Travel Safe and may God Bless
BC
======== Fulltiming =============================
Bob & Pat Curry & Trevor
16 F350 CC SRW LB 4WD * 08 Bighorn 3400RE #9948
Mor/Ryde 7k IS, 8k DB * 17.5 Rims w/G114 GY Tires
Bigfoot Auto Leveling * Repainted Ruby Red
Escapee 96030 * Fulltime since 10-08-2007
Enjoying all of the wonders God has provided for us.

Hi Guys,

Sounds like some people live more interesting lives (like a Chinese curse) than we do.

We are at Prado Regional Park in Chino, CA. This is a pretty place and will be better if the dairies ever move. Knowing about the fly problem here we made our reservation as far from the dairy as possible. Next Monday we move to Canyonland in Santa Ana Canyon for a couple of weeks.

We plan to be in Zion National Park starting on June 4 for two weeks and then take in the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and Bryce. After that is so far in the future haven't though about it yet.

Pamela is about 90% now after her surgery. One day she has energy and the next it is nap time.

If anyone comes through the So CA area give us a holler.

Jones the Beagle

2001 Int'l 4700LP

2005 Travel Supreme 40RLTS

2006 Honda CRV

Linda, Too funny! Been there done that just didn't have any rangers involved in the hunt. Lost my cell phone once... Hank talked his way into the just closed Ranch Heritage Museum to search the 5 acre area where the ranch houses & buildings are located. Unbelievably, he (super hero that he is) found my celll phone about 10' off the path where I had gone to take some of my many photos. Sometimes you (he) can find a needle in a haystack.

Joe & Marcia, You are in our thoughts & prayers & we hope things get better for your families.

Carolyn & Keith, You are in our thoughts & prayers in this most difficult time & journey for you both.

Oh yes, We are in SE Utah in Canyonland country. We'll be in Salt Lake City by the middle of next week.

Patti & Hank Landry

Molly & Scooter- Boston Terriers

2009 Phaeton

toad: 07 Silver Toyota

landrypatti@yahoo.com

http://woodalls.mytripjournal.com/HankandPatti

Location: Paradise South, Mercedes, Tx for the winter of 2010

Archived