CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Norah

If your looking for a place to hold a rally in March, in Texas I have a good suggestion.

We go to an Annual Rally every February at Buckhorn RV Resort in Kerrville, TX over Valentine's Day. This has been our 6th year. Buckhorn has a great place to hold gatherings. We play Mexican Train, and different card games. Have a great potluck dinner and Buckhorn also puts on some great breakfast and dinner's. They usually charge $26 a day for the Rally. We normally have between 30 to 40 RV's.

Here is a couple of URL's for anyone's informtion. I would be intrested in attending a Rally in March at Buckhorn. If you use a GPS it probably has the location of Buckhorn wrong. The location they show is now a KOA park. Look at Exit 501 off I-10.

2885 Goat Creek Road Kerrville, TX 78028-9410

TOLL FREE: (800) 568-6458

DIRECT: (830) 895-0007

FAX: (830) 895-0013

Email: info@buckhornlake.com

GPS Coordinates

N 30° 07’ 194†[30.11990]

W 99° 11’ 900†[-99.19833]

http://www.buckhornlake.com/

http://www.rvrally.net/

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseacti.../pging/1/page/1

Travel Safe and may God Bless
BC
======== Fulltiming =============================
Bob & Pat Curry & Trevor
16 F350 CC SRW LB 4WD * 08 Bighorn 3400RE #9948
Mor/Ryde 7k IS, 8k DB * 17.5 Rims w/G114 GY Tires
Bigfoot Auto Leveling * Repainted Ruby Red
Escapee 96030 * Fulltime since 10-08-2007
Enjoying all of the wonders God has provided for us.

Bob and Molly, we are glad to hear you avoided the snow,( what was you thining?)

Marty say hi to everyone at KOFA for us and enjoy the warmth.

Our son called today and says we will be grandparents again today. I guess they broke her water this AM, ( I knew they should have gotten a better bottle) but if she doesn't have it within 24 hours they will do a C section. They say it will be a girl, but I'll wait to see if the plumbing is on the inside or outside before I say what it is. I just hope they all three are healthy and the baby has ten fingers and ten toes.

We should pick up the rig Monday, and a local guy is supposed to buy the suzuki Monday so we will be headed in a bee line towards KY to see the little one and the rest of the family.

I hate missing out on all the sights between here and there, but we will catch them the next time. Corey and Jenifer has been trying to have us a grandbaby for 6 years now so I guess we can see the sights after we see the baby.

We saw the Alamo today with the Carters, it was depressing knowing it will be a while before we hook up with them again, but the day was great, like all other meetings with part of the class of 07 we had a great time and ate well.

Jay: Marcia wants you to tell Lulu goodbye for her.

see you all down the road and please keep intouch.

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

Hi Gang, It was sad to say good by (for now) to Joe and Marsha, It has been a over a month we have been traveling togeather. We are still in Hondo at the SKP Park. Next week we head up to Mason to do a H for H build. Fay called about a place in Kelleen that she could keep and ride her horse. They have invited us up too check out the place and they have inquired if we would consiter being a camp host at their horse park. So hopefull when we go up they will offer us the "job".

Nana, what are your days off ? Would like to meet up for lunch or brunch. We will call when we get to Mason.

You guys stay safe and keep away from the white stuff...

Jay n Fay Carter and Lulu

01 Fleetwood Expedition,DP

07 Saturn Toad

Today I took possession of my new motorhome and am now in Yuma for a few days. KOFA was full today, but I'm hoping to get a spot there tomorrow. Haven't decided how long I will be here before heading to Tuscon for the Life on Wheels conference starting on March 18th.

Trisha Schmidt

2008 Phaeton

2006 Saturn Vue

Trisha Schmidt

2008 Tiffin Phaeton

2006 Saturn Vue

Hi gang Well Kathy & I arrived in Yuma 7th to visit son will be her till 17th then head to Tucson Or benson have a annual doctor apt 20th in Tucson will stay in area till around 10 April then head to Branson. Everyone stay safe.

David & Kathy 2007 hitchhiker LS 34.5 IKTG

2007 Dodge 3500

SKP#95802

Class of 2007

http://www.giraffelady65.blogspot.com

http://www.downaonewayroad.blogspot.com

A true friend is one who knows your faults and still wants to be your friend

WOW trisha, a new MH?

Hey gang I have to brag a little,,

Our son Corey and his wife Jennifer seceeded after 6 years of trying by haveing a 6lb 14 oz, 20 in long baby girl named Jaelynn tonight around 7;30 eastern time.

They had to do the C section but mom and baby are doing well, (as well as can be expected I guess)

This is our fourth grand baby, and their first baby.

Chasing the 70's

Joe and Marcia, Congrats on the new young uns.

We're at the Bensons SKP park until the 26th, then we hope to head toward northern and western AZ, maybe Congress as a center point.

We still have Terry and Rick, and Mike and Sandy here for awhile.

Weather is starting to turn into spring, FINALLY.

Bob n Molly, hurry back out here, we miss you. ;-)

Trish, come on down and got to LOW from here.

Take care y'all.

Paul

Our blog A Breath of Fresh Road

Paul & Connie

98 Monaco Windsor 38' DP (For Sale)

2004 Chevy Tracker

Started 10/8/07

howdy folks

congrats on the new rig,got to be great.A even bigger congrats to Joe and Marcia on grandparentism,Im sure your going to love the job. Did they get the model with all the bells and whisles?

Everyone drive careful and play safe.

Congratulations Joe & Marcia on your wonderful new grandaughter!

Congratulations Trisha on your new coach. We're glad to see you are on the road with it as planned. It was good to see you in San Bernadinao & have dinner together.

Hank & I are in Las Vegas staying at the FamCamp at Nellis Air Force Base. It is a very nice facility. Hank had a round with a kidney stone but there are good medical facilities here. He is feeling much better. We have been out & about seeing a few of the sights. We plan on getting our rear monitor & camera fixed/replaced. We will be here thru the end of March if not a little longer. If anyone is in the area let us know. Maybe we can get together!

Faye & Jay, Good luck with moving the horse, getting the host job, etc.

Everyone keep having fun! We love getting the posts & keeping up with folks this way!

Patti & Hank

Patti & Hank Landry

Molly & Scooter- Boston Terriers

2009 Phaeton

toad: 07 Silver Toyota

landrypatti@yahoo.com

http://woodalls.mytripjournal.com/HankandPatti

Location: Paradise South, Mercedes, Tx for the winter of 2010

Hi guys and congrats Joe & Marcia on the new grandbaby (I'm jealous!icon_smile.gif)! And to you, Trisha on the new rig....enjoy and let us know how you like it!!

We finally made it back to the house last night around 8 pm. I drove back to Richmond early this AM to be with my sister and niece at MCV hospital...things aren't looking real good for her right now.

Sure miss all of you, and many thanks to all of you for the great times we shared in Quartzsite, Casa Grande, Laughlin and everywhere else. You guys are the best!

Travel safely everyone!

Hugs!

M&B

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

Jay & Faye,

Hey guys, hope you drive safe to Mason..We are generally off Fri, Sat, Sun & Monday. We are so looking forward to seeing Lulu...and you too. There is a great little resturant in Mason on Main st. It's an old store and the breakfast there is yummy.

Do you have our cell Number? If it goes to voice mail don't panic..we get the meassage inside the rig here but not the actual call. I just go out to call you back.

See you soon

Nana

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Hi All:

Nice to hear about everyone's activities. We are on BLM land south of Tucson with Norah and Howie. Yesterday we all went to Saguaro National Park and it was spectacular! Who knew cacti could be so different and interesting? Tomorrow we are all going to the Sonora Desert Museum with exhibits and live desert animals.

This BLM land off San Joquin Road is full of characters like No Slide Clyde, Cowboy Les, Professor Jim, describing themselves as Bachelor Old Farts. Many are vets and they take care of each other driving to hospitals, doctors and such. They also cook for each other and spend alot of time together during the day. In April they go their respected ways and then come back to San Joquin Rd in the fall. Very interesting fellows.

We went to a Rockies spring training baseball game and it was joyful to be in the sun, eating a hot dog and beer and watching a game. Doesn't get any better - except a gathering of class of 07 and a margarator!

Hope to get the truck's fender bender fixed this week at local Chevy dealership. Tired of seeing it "wounded". It will take 3 days, but the other guy's insurance will pay for rental car.

We are finally enjoying the 70s, Joe. Molly, don't forget to try Buzz 'N Neds Real Barbeque restaurant in Richmond.

Missing you all and enjoy this thread to keep in touch.

Jim & Bobbie Chapman

http://chappytrails.blogspot.com

SKP#95234

Can someone please send me GPS coordinates for Streets & Trips so I can find that BLM area? I may be there for a bit after Life on Wheels in Tucson, if not, would like it for future reference. Finding places to park will be my boondocking adventure...LOL!

SKP hugs,
Donna [Froggi] & Stu
BLOGS: Our Prime Years ~ My Author Site
2000 Freightliner FL60, 2007 41' KZ Toy Hauler, 2015 HD Tri-Glide
SKP Lifetime #48337 ~ Good Sam Lifetime #42600353

Congratulations Joe & Marcia on the birth of your granddaughter.

KOFA didn't have any spaces when I arrived there so I will be heading toward Casa Grande tomorrow prior to heading to the LOW Conference in Tuscon.

Is anyone going to be in the Northeast this summer? I'll be using a campground in the Albany, NY area as a base and plan to attend the NEAR FMCA Rally in Essex Junction, VT (the second week in August) and the Escapees Chapter 3 Lobster Fest in Hermon, ME the following week.

Trisha Schmidt

2008 Phaeton

2006 Saturn Vue

Trisha Schmidt

2008 Tiffin Phaeton

2006 Saturn Vue

Donna,

We are also at the San Joquin Rd BLM now and will be at Low next week. We will be coming back here after LOW for a few more days before heading north.

It is really easy to find. Take the I-10 south to the 19 then get off on Ajo Hwy (exit 99), go about 8 miles to San Joaquin rd, turn right. The BLM is right there on the right side of the road -- you will recognize it immediately. GPS: N 32.20.14 : W 110. 41. 28

We'll look for you at LOW.

The rv wasn't ready yesterday, something about the glue not sticking to the roof. They had to remove the new rubber, (wasted 40' of rubber roof) so we are hoping for Thursday AM.

I'll have to go talk to them tomorrow to make sur it will be ready by then.

So we are sitting in a Holiday Inn in Seguin Tx now waiting. I guess it could be a lot worse, it could be snowing!

I was impressed that they decided to re-do the roof, and not give it back to us in questionable condition.

Chasing the 70's

Hey Guys

Joe & Marcia That's the best kind of news.

Trisha Good luck on the new rig. We'll be based at a campgound near Scranton Pa this summer. From August 7 until ? we'll be in Upstate NY on the St Lawrence Seaway.

We have been parked since we left Casa Grande. Sunday we go over Lake Havasu and slowly make our way north and end up at Lake Mead NRA.

We left Pennsylvania on June 11 and have seen some beautiful sights in this wonderful country of ours but the other day we did the Apache Trail and it just blew us away. If you get a chance do the trail and visit the cliff dwelling.

Congratulations Trish on that new rig..

Joe & Marcia...I know you are anxious to get to that new baby....(just found out our new little one will be a boy. After 2 little girls they are ready for a "little change" I just have to wait and see if it will arive as my birthday present. Sorry the roof kept you from coming for a visit ..heard from Jay & Fay this AM and will see them on Friday. We are looing forward to the visit.

Everyone travel safe.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

If anyone is passing near DC, give me a shout and we can grab a coffee break or a lunch together. I'd also be happy to play tour guide in this wonderful area. My house goes back on the market on, yes it's true, April Fools' Day.

2001.5 Discovery 37U, DP "Igor"

2003 PT Cruiser GT Turbo "Miss Molly"

Class of 2007 (Delayed!)

Life Member SKP#85389

I got a call from Ray and Elen yesterday. Her surgery went OK, she is sore as can be expected, and the surgery took 3 hours.

Ray is doing OK too, he said he is feeling good.

His truck developed tranny problems and is in the shop until Saturday.

They are stuck at his neices house untill he gets his truck back, and then they will be going back to their hide out near the river.

Elen has a follow up appointment next week, they intend on resting a few weeks before heading east.

Chasing the 70's

Archived