CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

Molly,

Bring it on girl....I am a wiz at packing icon_biggrin.gif

We are still at my sisters. Looks like getting Moms care arranged isn't going to be easy. She can't afford most of the assisted living facilities that are acceptable and while she will qualify for home assitance there is a waiting list. So we may be moving her in with my sister but that mean we have to remodel the bathroom for her. We are still trying to arrange the repairs on the 5th wheel which now seems to be a trip to Goshen. AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!! The truck is in for warranty repairs and has now turned in to an extra day.

Appears we could end up running into any number of you depending on when and where we land. If you are coming thru western PA let us know!!

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jim and Jo...we'll catch up to you at Escapade for sure...and I'm sure we'll see you guys in the East also!

OK, Linda you're on for the packing....and I do know that you are very good at it!! icon_smile.gif Come on down and stay awhile...even if we don't do "packing"! We should be back in Warsaw around the 1st week of August. Maybe Joe & Marcia will show up also!

We're in Sikeston, Missouri tonight and had our first meal at Lamberts...WOW...what alot of food and those "thrown rolls". We've heard many of you speak of it and it was all you said and more. But our tummies are a little too full tonight...still brought home leftovers to last three days, at least. I think it's cheaper than groceries!! LOL

Looking forward to seeing many of you in GIllette! Where are all of you Escapade-bound buddies now?

See you soon!

M&B

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

Wow! It looks like we are all in same boat these days. Fixing and repairing RVs.

For those of you Escapade bound, we are in Chadron, NE -- still dodging storms. I am getting sick of rain, thunder, lightening, and wind. But, the sightseeing is great. We visited the Museum of the Fur Trade (awesome), and today we drove the 100 miles to Rapid City. On the way back we stopped and saw the Crazy Horse Memorial -- I was impressed. We have a few more things to see in this area, then it's on to Casper, WY for some more work on the truck. Wouldn't want the rest of you to feel alone in with your repair bills. icon_eek.gif

We are now considering a motorhome -- maybe next year.

We are starting to run into other Escapees on their way to Escapade. Two nights ago in the Wal-Mart parking lot and again today at our mail forwarding service. What fun.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Escapade in just a few short weeks. icon_biggrin.gif

Well, it's raining in northern AZ as well, not just the midwest. Sigh....I was moving out to a boondocking spot tomorrow....now it depends on the ground. When I checked it out I saw some HUGE ruts where folks got stuck. I'm not moving until I drive up and check it out.

See you in Gillette!!!

SKP hugs,
Donna [Froggi] & Stu
BLOGS: Our Prime Years ~ My Author Site
2000 Freightliner FL60, 2007 41' KZ Toy Hauler, 2015 HD Tri-Glide
SKP Lifetime #48337 ~ Good Sam Lifetime #42600353

Howdy everyone!

Well that saying "Alaska or bust" came true. We were about 75 mile from the Alaska border when we had a catastrophic failure of the tote on back of the 5er. A five cent cotter pin came out and lost the right wheel, which caused the left wheel to bind and sheered the axle off on it. No damage to the Rhino but Tote became a sled with no wheels. Towing company had to haul it to Anchorage, AK for repairs.

We're now in Alaska headed for Anchorage to check on it. We're going to take our time an enjoy this beautiful country.

"Happy Trails"

chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

Good grief! Everyone, be careful! I agree, just too much RV repair going on here! We had to have a new windshield on the toad after our son got it here to Wisconsin from New Mexico the first of May. Get this one: we are in a seasonal campground, and the couple in the mh behind us lost one of their awnings on May 1 within 50 miles of where our son lost ours on the same day -- I-40 near Santa Rosa, NM. We finally got the awning replaced this week, but we're having severe thunderstorms so I haven't put it out. We still have to get half of the windshield on the mh replaced; it will have to wait until July; ran out of money for the deductible.

What is this for all of us? The universe testing our resolve to live like this? Anyway, Howie & Norah, why would you think about changing to a mh from your 5er? I'm curious. I know why we have a mh: we had to have something I could manage by myself, and that's didn't look like either a TT or a 5er.

Also, Howie, we did end up leaking some this morning in that same spot, not as bad as before. The RV tech who put on new awning messed with that antenna, so I'll check the caulking around it again as soon as it gets dry around here.

Drive safe, everybody.

By the way, has anybody heard anything from Charlie & Nancy (did I remember her name correctly) Deutschmann? I think they're somewhere in Minnesota for the summer.

Carolyn

Joey (Australian cattle dog/Brittany)

'94 Southwind (no slides)

'05 Honda Civic Hybrid

We are/ were rolling again. We left the horse park in Ky yesterday AM, stopped off in Dry Ridge Ky for lunch and to meet my cousin that owns a battery place. Needless to say we replaced the too small starting battery with a big one with more cranking amps than is required. The best part was the price...$00.00 It is nice to have cousins like this one. I tried to pay him but he wouldn't let me.

It gets better, this fall when we pass through he said he would order me 4 new 6 volt golf cart AGM,s, if I call him a week before we pass through.

Tonight we are parked in Lancaster OH in the driveway of a couple that we met in Cody WY last Oct. They had a fuel pump go out and we helped get their dogs into Cody, and from there we have kept in touch.

It is funny because she told her husband when we parted ways in Cody that we would never see each other again. But we are here now and are planning on spending some time together up in the northeastern states this summer.

You can meet some of the nicest people in a RV. (just look at the Class of 2007)

Be safe and enjoy.....

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

Glad to hear you are moving again Joe & Marcia. Let us know your route to the northeast so we can at least meet for a drink!!!

It is so HOT here. Because we are hooked up at my sister's we don't have enough amps to run the AC. The hard part is being in others AC and then returning to the RV. At leat it cools off a little at night.

Everyone stay cool. We are off to pick up the Grands at Bible School.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Bob olly, I got your email, and emailed you back, I hope you got it, sorry we couldnt get together, our friends that we met up with, had a full schedule all planned out for us, and we ran out of time, but we're a comen to gillette to see everyone. Gotta make a stop in Nebraska for a little while to see grandkids first, then we're off again. see yall hugs

08 Fleetwood Excursion, me, ex farmer, DW, retired (RN), and Bow, Lilly, and Little Bit the mutts

We're in Branson at the ABC Campground for the RV Dreams Rally. Sorry we missed you vmarr, but we'll see you in Gillette.

Linda, you and Ron stay cool now! (I've got alot of packing waiting for you!icon_smile.gif )

We keep thinking about all the FUN we had in Quartzsite and Casa Grande, etc with all of you guys...we miss each and every one of you!!

Looking forward to seeing many of you in Gillette or before...

Hugs and safe travels to all!

M&B

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

Hey Bob & Molly, we have friends headed to Branson to sell Rescue Tape at a rally. Must be your rally. Their names are Ken & Kathy. If you see them selling tape, tell them we said HI. Sounds like you two are having fun. Hope to see you down the road. Thanks, John & Doni

John & Doni, SKP# 90950, Class of 2005

Sally....the attack cat, Taco...the dog.

2004 Chevy 4500 Kodiak Crewcab w/ Monroe Pickup Bed

2003 36' HR Presidential 5'er

2005 Pontiac Vibe GT, 1989 Suzuki Sidekick...Little Zuke

Current pics on FaceBook

SURPRISE!! We woke up to 4-6 inches of snow today. We are in Great Falls Montana getting prepared for our trip to Alaska in 5 days and now we are in a winter wonderland. When we went to bed the weather report said it would rain. It is suppose to get to the mid 40's today and by Friday climbing to 70 so the snow should be gone before we start the trip on Sunday. My ISP tells me that our satellite connection will be iffy in parts of Alaska but we will make updates of photos and info to our blog (woodalls.mytripjournal.com/hankandpatti) as we can.

Hank & Patti

Hank and Patti

Scooter and Molly (pups)

Class of 2007

2009 Phaeton

Well it finally cooled off here. We are here in PA until the end of the month and then we head to Elkhart. We are taking the 5th wheel "home to Mother" for her repairs.

We just got the truck out of the shop. A leak near the power steering turned into entire new rack & pinon and then when they checked the tranny they found a scored torque converter..I am certainly VERY happy that it was all warranty repair. I am beleiving that we just weren't suppossed to go to Alaska...If all of this had happened while on the road...not to mention we would have left in time to be in the middle of all that flooding ect last week.

On a lighter note I have gleaned information on a "HillBilly" Rally in this area. While we can't go our friends are providing us all the info for such activities as "Turkey Bowling" etc. Sounds to me this is right up our classes "ally" icon_biggrin.gif

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Hi all,

Just a quick update on our travels.

We did make it to Big Meadows to see Jim and Bobbie. They have a wonderful gig there. And what happens when more than one Escapee gets together.....lunch potluck. Bobbie, that Mexican dish was delish!! Hope you've got the water problem solved by now.

From there we made it to Alamosa, CO. Took a hike up to the top of the Great Sand Dunes. Of course it wouldn't have been any fun except for the 25 MPH winds blowing. Ate sand for days. icon_smile.gif

Today we made the drive up to Pikes Peak. Just as we pull up to the fee booth, it clouds up, and by the time we made it to the top it was blowing and snowing. Timing is everything we're finding out.

From here we're headed to Estes Park to see RMNP, then onto Gillette.

Can't wait to see you all again.

Safe travels all.

Hugs,

Rick, Terry & Pogo

Rick,Terry,Pogo

Lifetime Skp #94530

A Chinese proverb: If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap. If you want happiness for a day, go fishing. If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime, help somebody.

Ron and Linda;

Where in PA are you? we will be crossing over into PA tomorrow sometime looking for "high ground" to find the 70's again.

We are sitting in Wheeling WV today, we left the couple we had met in Cody WY after lunch today. They were gr8 hosts for the three days we spent with them. We only had the Margarator out once, but they do have a nice setup for a camp fire. A LARGE rock sits close to the edge of their property and serves as a table and it blocks the view of the fire pit from the everyday view of their place. we did the smores,and hot dogs followed by home made ice cream the other night. It was all good.

A side trip to Southview Hospital in Dayton OH yesterday allowed us to be among the first to see our first great nephew. A whopping 5 lb and 1 oz, 19.5 inch baby boy. Complications with the cord caused a C-Section, but baby and mother are both doing fine now.

Happy trails to everyone,

Chasing the 70's

Joe.

We are in Volant,Pa. Go north of Pittsburgh about 60 miles or so on I-79 toward Erie. We are near the Grove City exit and could meet you there in the evening. There is a huge outlet mall and several resturants there. A KOA isn't far but I think its pricey. ( Baby sitting the grands in the afternoon although we could bring them along if the afternoon is when you would be going thru if you aren't stopping for the night)) Call me and I can give you some exact location. There is also a CG in Mercer which isn't far either.

Wish my sisters driveway was bigger we would just drop you in here, but might be able to think of something close.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Hi Gang, we have been out of touch for a while. Fay is still up in Mo. on her horse ride but will be back this weekend. The MH has been in the shop ten days in Springdale Ark. for repairs. The load mgr. went out and was shutting every thing off. I did not feel like they were moving fast enough, so I have been staying over here. Just maybe they will get it out this weekend.

Drs. appts. are keeping me busy, another one today hopefully we can get on the road soon.

Bob and Molly, hope to see you this weekend....

Jay n Fay Carter and Lulu

01 Fleetwood Expedition,DP

07 Saturn Toad

Joe, Have found some CG in the area have called and left you a message.

Jay, Please get better and get back on the road quick....I was about to suggest that you are bored with out your bride but then you have our baby LuLu to keep you busy.

We miss everyone

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

hi all, we're in Iowa, and had one heck of a afternoon yesterday. Weather man said it was going to be stormy, and he was right for once. We were in a small town to get groceries, and never made it to the store. We made it to a car wash, and it looked like it was going to hail, so I drove in the bay, and we sat for a half hour there, and then the sirens went off, so we figured there must be a safer place somewheres, we headed to the campground cause it looked a little clearer that way, nd got there, and everyone was in the bathrooms. Park ranger was setting there, and said it was all clear, then over his radio, it said that all park rangers, and emergency vehicles needed to go to a boy scout place about 6 miles from us because a tornado had hit the boy scout camp. It was a terrible deal, 4 died, and they said 40 were hurt. There were 96 there. This morning the whole area is in shock over that. Next few days are supposed to be pretty good, everyones hopes and prayers are out to the families that had bys there, they're spread out all over the little hospitals in the area, and in Omaha, and Sioux city.

08 Fleetwood Excursion, me, ex farmer, DW, retired (RN), and Bow, Lilly, and Little Bit the mutts

That is terrible about the boyscouts....

vmarr, I'm tring to figure out the names and faces behind the "me and DW" in the signature line.

What is up with the weather these days????

90's in OHIO in June. 80's in N Dakota 6 weeks ago, snow (that dirty four letter word) in MT in June?

We see all these but I don't think we are breaking records everyday.

Linda sorry we couldn't swing that far north, but we will meet up in the NE. GL with the welders.

We are meandering towards Hershey PA, I think it is 350 miles and we have a week to get there. I hate toll roads, ( I pay enough taxes ) so we will be doing the "BACK" roads across PA. I know we will use more gas than what the toll costs, and they will get more taxes from the gas, but we will get to see parts of PA that we would never see otherwise.

Chasing the 70's

Hi All,

Well, we are parked at Devils Tower, WY only about 50-ish miles from Gillette. We'll be here at until the 22nd when we'll move into town, then into Escapade on the 23rd to start training for our parking crew volunteer job.

The CG here at Devils Tower has big sites, isn't full, for those of you looking for a spot to hang out before Escapade -- $12/night $6 with your Golden Age pass. No hookups, but water is available. Think Quartzite with green grass, trees, the Devils Tower, and more great scenery. There is also a KOA, just outside the park entrance, that looked almost empty when we came in yesterday. The weather is in the 70s and down into the 40s at night.

We stopped in Gillette yesterday to pick up mail and supplies. The roads all around Wal-Mart are under construction -- a mess. Even so, we were able to get in and out of the parking lot without too much trouble.

Looking forward to seeing those of you going to Escapade soon,

Archived