CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

Joe... I am so sorry that you can't seem to find the right weather, but at least you don't have wind blowing 24 hours!

Glad to hear that all of you had a wonderful Easter..we did as well.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Linda:

But I guess the truth is if I wanted 75 degrees all day everyday I shout have stayed in the sticks and bricks with the central heat and air. But what fun would that be?

I hope that doctors appointments will be the only thing now that keeps us from "chasing the 70's", 80's and even 90's are OK but I would like to avoid the SNOW, and 40's and 50's.

When are you and Ron heading east? Will you be camp hosting where you was last year?

SC is looking good weather wise so we will head that way some time this weekend.

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

Joe & marcia,

We are here until the first weekend in May then its back to Va via the Natchez Trace for Dr. appt and a visit with the grands in VA. Beach. We hope to be in western Pa by the middle of the 3rd week of May then off on a trip by Memorial Day. We are suppossed to be going to Alaska but that trip may not happen withthe price of fuel. ( So much higher in Canada and Alaska).

We actually volunteered at a NWR in northwest Pa. last summer and hope to be some where in Georgia and maybe Fl for the winter at NWR's there. We are currently working out those details.

Let us know where you will be hanging out during those time frames.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Hey Joe!

We're still in Warsaw but heading to Rio to visit Bob's sister on Saturday. We've been busy doing "stuff"! Talked to Bobbie & Jim today and they are in Cottonwood, AZ and heading north.

Let us know if you're still at Myrtle Beach around the 20th of April...should be there that week.

Hugs and safe travels to you and everyone!

Molly & Bob

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

Hi group. Cathy and I (Leland) missed the group fun at Q and were just behind you at Casa Grande but we beat you all up north. We are in Billings Montana for about 6 weeks. We had medical stuff and now grandkids graduations. You might want to note that this is just a little early for this country and outdoor recreation. It was snowing yesterday and it's 22 this morning. We are seeing more and more rigs through here although most of them are Canadians going home. I am enjoying reading all of your adventures and hope to see you at Gillette in June. icon_rolleyes.gif

Leland & Cathy

Billings Montana in March????

We were run out of Lima Montana back in September because our water line froze.

Really beautiful area, but the temps are too cold for too many months for me.

We are not planning on being in Gillette, but hope to meet you somewhere down the road.

Chasing the 70's

Hello Joe & Marcia and other 2007 Class Members,

Following the Life on Wheels Conference, where I connected again with Norah & Howie, I moved on to the SKP park in Benson. Here I've been spending time with Connie & Paul Anderson and Terry & Rick Traver and their granddaughter Megan. Monday I will be getting the replacement furniture (chair and desk instead of a couch) installed in Tucson and then will be back in Benson for a few more days before heading to Demming, NM, the start of my trip back to the Northeast for the summer. I will be using Fox Hill Campground in Spencertown, NY (southeast of Albany) as my base for June, July and August.

- Trisha

Trisha Schmidt

2008 Tiffin Phaeton

2006 Saturn Vue

Howdy!

We're in a great SKP's co-op park "JoJoBa Hills SKP resort" in Aguanga, Ca. Nice place 90 miles south of LA, 60 miles north of San Diego centrally located for trips around the area.

Ron & Linda the fuel is not going to get any cheaper. We're sticking with our plans to go to Alaska. In fact the fuel might be cheaper anywhere but California. I saw prices yesterday on our way here $4.35 gallon for diesel.

"Happy Trails"

chiefneon Gary & Karen

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

has any one been through the 4 corners area. Elen and I are going to head that way the 4th of Apr. Have to go to Ill but in no hurry to get there. Any sugestions. We still have the big problem of where to gol HOw do you decide where you go. How long to stay in one area and so on. is there any thing we could read to help with this problem

SKP 98010
1990 Bounder 27D by Fleetwood
Ray and Elen living this beautiful life style and exploring this beautiful country

We're just outside Airdrie, Alberta (near Calgary) waiting for the weather to warm up in Saskatchewan. It looks like we'll be here another couple of weeks at the rate this spring is (not) coming. Its OK though - we've got the Rockies to the west and a couple of horses out the front window so the view is pretty good. We spent Easter on Vancouver Island looking across a narrow strait to Saltspring Island but it snowed out there so that wasn't so good.

Gary..Haven't ruled out Alaska yet, will make that decision in May. We paid $3.95 today here in central TX.

Glad everyone else is doing well

Ray & Elen, We of course set for awhile when we are volunteering but when we are on the road we usually use a variety of tourist info on the web and from other sites, look for things that we want to see. We generally aren't in a hurry.

We do how ever have a "master list" of things that we want to do...thus we will drive the entire Natchez Trace on our way back to the east coast in May.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Joe We are currently in Cottonwood, AZ with Mike and Sandi. We'll be heading on to Zion Nat'l park the first part of next week and then we go on to Orem, and Mkike and Sandi will begin treking to the 4 corners and we'll try to catch up then head for the home country.Ray....there's tons to see and do in that area, Mesa Verde National Park being a great place to visit....You'er getting close to our home territory as we'll be holes up west of there about 150 miles or so camp hosting beginning in May. Sorry we haven'y been on a lot as we still hunt the wifi...Hope all are well out there.

Jim & Bobbie

Jim & Bobbie Chapman

http://chappytrails.blogspot.com

SKP#95234

Hank & I are still in Las Vegas. We leave Apr 4th to go to Death Valley for 5 nights. We are hoping to see Paul & Connie while we are in that area.

After that we will be headed back thru Vegas on our way to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon for about 4/5 days. After that Zion & Bryce area. Then the next planned spot is Salt Lake City May 14th. Then we will be in Ashton, ID near Yellowstone around the 28th. Just the other day when Hank made the reservation, they were having a blizzard in Ashton!!! We are still going to Alaska on Jun 14th leaving from Great Falls, Montana.

The Landrys with the Bostons

Patti & Hank Landry

Molly & Scooter- Boston Terriers

2009 Phaeton

toad: 07 Silver Toyota

landrypatti@yahoo.com

http://woodalls.mytripjournal.com/HankandPatti

Location: Paradise South, Mercedes, Tx for the winter of 2010

Ray, the beauty of FTing is you can go where you want to, when you want to, and stay as long as you want to.

We came here to KY, (TN KY VA) for a couple days and two weeks later we are still here. My dad says I thought you were leaving today, and I say we changed our mind and will be staying another couple days. My brother stays confused about when we are heading south.

Our son is taking Marcia to Nashville tomorrow to buy us a Chevy Tracker to pull around, so we postponed leaving yesterday until maybe Monday.

Chasing the 70's

I should have mentioned this already.

Any of you guys that are headed to Alaska keep in mind that we still have a big yard with hookups for a couple of rigs and we could be directly on your route if you plan it properly. We're not there right now but by the time anybody gets around to going to Alaska we might be. We plan to park in our own yard for the last couple of weeks of April, all of May and the first week of June.

If Vicki's birthday works for you then come help us celebrate that:

Vicki's Birthday rally

In theory this is a converted bus rally but there won't be that many busses there and there will likely be a couple of non-busses so everyone is welcome.

Hi. Guys, We have been out of pocket for a couple of weeks. We did a Habatit for Humanity build in Mason, Texas. It was a great expearence. The only problem was no cell phone or air card. We parked the rig in Mason and drove the car to Tulsa. We will be here until we can get the taxes done, then take Fay's horse and back down there to Prarie Hays Ranch where we will camp host for 6 weeks.

Joe and Marsha : I have your yellow jack pads.

Nana and Ron : It was good to see you, When we get back to Killeen we will holler at you, maybe we can see you all before you leave.

Glad to hear every one is recovering...

Jay n Fay Carter and Lulu

01 Fleetwood Expedition,DP

07 Saturn Toad

Hey Ray & Faye,,

We really want to see you when you get back. Just holler and leave a message if need be. We are here until the first weekend in May.

Ray & Elen....don't stress about the destination, we have found that if we stop at the first visitors center we come to (especially on the interstate) when we arrive. Pick up the vsitors guide, and pick the brain of the very knowledgable people who work there.

We ask them several questions: What is your favorite regional food, where do we go to eat the best there is of that & what 3 things do we absolutely not want to miss while there. We always stop at city visitor centers and Chambers of Commerace. People love to tell you about their area. That sets us off and we always find way too much more to do. Remember you are showing Elen her new home...let her see the good and the bad and mostly the people. History helps.

The Alaska trip is now officially off the table for this summer. It seems we will be taking a trip to New England and up state New York leaving from western Pa the end of May. So if you have any good suggestions send them our way.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Jay and Fay:

Good job helping with the build, I know somewhere down the line you will be rewarded for your efforts.

Ron and Linda:

Keep intouch because we too are planning on heading to the north east.

My dr ordered a cat scan for me in June, ( I have to make the appointment next week) then I figure I'll have to see a dr to read it, and if all is well we will be headed north east then.

We have made plans to attend Nick's rally in Ohio this Sept. Anyone else planning that far ahead yet?

Chasing the 70's

We are giving it (Ohio JGR) serious consideration, however it will depend on what volunteer gig we do and our arrival date, we have to go to Va. Beach before going any where in the fall to do some bonding with the new grandson who is on the way.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Boy it seems like we made a wrong turn somewhere. A few days ago we were sitting outside in shorts until dark watching Lake Mead and now we're in Williams Az and it was 24 this morning and our hose is froze. Thursday they are suppose to get snow here. We checked the weather in Monument Valley Ut and it looks a little better so we'll head there tomorrow.

Linda We're planning on doing the Natchez Trace in late April we'll let you know what we think. Also on your upstate New York trip if you get near the 1000 Islands area give it a look see. We stay at Merry Knoll camp in Clayton NY. We'll be there in August as we're taking our grandson to Pirate Days. Nice shops and good food in Alexandria Bay. Tom

We found the 70's again.

We pulled into a wal-mart in Boiling Springs SC and the sign says unleaded gas, $2.98.

Haven;t seen that in a long time, but ut also is hard to think it is a good deal at $2.98. I would like to see the $1.00 a gallon again.

Chasing the 70's

I will be at the GJR in Ohio. This summer I will be using the Fox Hill Campground in Spencertown, NY (on NY Route 203 off NY Route 22) as my base for the months of June-August. There is a FMCA rally in Essex Junction, VT in August and the next week there is a Chapter 3 Escapees Lobster Fest Rally at the Pumpkin Patch in Hermon, ME.

Trisha Schmidt

2008 Tiffin Phaeton

2006 Saturn Vue

Archived