CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

The good thing on your side Gary is that you can do the Texas Two Step and the rocks can't dance so you may be safe for awhile icon_biggrin.gif

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nana, You are right about that. I think could use at least one more of those tax rebates icon_wink.gif

Well, at long last the shop released the truck back to us and after spending 4 nights in their parking lot on 1/4 tank of water, we hightailed it for a "real" campground. A good thing too as the temps here in St. George are set to top 100 this weekend. icon_redface.gif

Monday we start heading for Nebraska. Our slow 12 day trip will now have to be done in only 4 days. Gosh we have gotten spoiled with all the weeks and months of sitting between 100-200 mile driving days. We are not looking forward to 350 - 400 mile days icon_eek.gif

I like the 50 mile (or less) days myself, but these unexpected emergencies cause the long days.

Glad to hear you 4 are mobile again. How is it working with the car? I know we will be happy without the trailer, but I will miss the bike/s.

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

Hello Howie and Norah ....and everyone else too I reckon...

You haven't turned your car into a 'toad'? Oh wait do you have a fifth wheel? If so....duh ...nevermind - LOL

Even though the setup for a toad is a bit $$$$ we are quite pleased with our setup....although the idea of having Dear Jean driving in a separate vehicle and the accompanying advantage of that A/C and radio being in MY control....that might actually be PRICELESS !!!

Not sure where you may be right

now but just off I-80 in Lincoln NE is a decent campground. And if you can find the State Fair Campground (also just a bit off I-80) it is much more reasonably priced and good for an overnite.

Take care currently in Cheesehead land....

Cheers

Greg and Jean
Madison, SD

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did."

We found a few fairgrounds in NE that were free, or make a donation, sorry I don't remember the towns they were in, but they were NOT on the major interstates. I'm thinking north western NE.

Chasing the 70's

Hi Guys, It is getting hot here in Texas. We will be headed north Sunday, It has been great here at the Parrie Hayes Ranch. Great people to work with, if you call it that. We have made new friends and will put this on the list of places to come back to.

Fay is taking her horse and going on a trail ride in Mo. I will hang around Tulsa till she gets back, then on to Co.

Is anyone headed back around Yuma for the winter ?

We miss all of you guys and we are looking forward to seeing you'll again in March..

Jay n Fay Carter and Lulu

01 Fleetwood Expedition,DP

07 Saturn Toad

What a wonderful surprise we had this morning.

We are sitting here at our favorite out of the way camp spot here in south central VA to get the Dr appt's out of the way and catchup with our local friends. This AM a fifth wheel pulled in and seemed to just need to dump. Ron the every friendly guy he is ended up outsisde having a conversation and I eventually joined him. Of course the subject of Escapees membership came up, how long have you been fulltiming etc. They introduced themselves and Pam tells me that while they had started last spring they had been held up in Dallas area for the better part of the year due to her sudden health problem..It took me a New York minute to figure out that I was in the presense of VMarr and his wife. Many of you may have read about her devastating health situation on another thread over the past year. Here they were in little out of the way Blackstone, VA. How incredible!!!!! We have convinced them that they really are a part of the class and should be hooking up with this thread and class. They are planning on being in Gilette and promise to try and hook up with the early arrival crowd. So ya'll treat them well.

The world is just sooooooooooo small don't ya think.

We had planned on being outta hear tomorrow but the Dr has other plans and Ron needs to go back tomorrow to have an unusual mole removed and biopsed...it's really just a precaution and should be fine. So hopefully on Wed.

Everyone be safe.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

nana, it was real nice talkn to yall. We sure didnt think of seeing anyone clear out in VA that knew us. besides DW's family. Where do I let everyone know about gillette ? Hope to see you around, keep in touch with us

08 Fleetwood Excursion, me, ex farmer, DW, retired (RN), and Bow, Lilly, and Little Bit the mutts

Hey! Jay n' Fay n Lulu, good to hear from ya'all. Definitely time to be out of those hot down south states! We are in Wisconsin so as to be close to a good, old and dear support system (daughter and friends) since Keith's health has deteriorated much further than when we were together in Q.

As much as I can make plans at this point, I fancy myself back in AZ: Q & Imperial Dam, by the first of next year. Gonna get those solar panels this time.

Don't know what you're planning in CO, but remember that Bobbie & Jim are there, near Creede; the Boomers are having a "boomerang" after Gilette near Buena Vista. Enjoy!

Carolyn

Joey (Australian cattle dog/Brittany)

'94 Southwind (no slides)

'05 Honda Civic Hybrid

Hi Vmarr,

You just did. We'll be there along with many other class of 07's. Paul and Connie, Norah and Howie, Rick and Terry just to name a few. All those mentioned will be on the Escapade staff helping with the Rally. We will surely meet you there.

Bob and Molly

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

Welcome aboard VMARR. You are gonna enjoy this crowd of folks.

Carolyn & Keith..You are in our constant prayer.

LuLu...Please tell your chauffer's that we miss them very much.

We are on our way to Frederick MD this AM to the dealer for an estimate on the stress fracture to our 5th wheel. Then on to spend the evening with Smokie & Pam Ridgley in WV. Headed north to help my Mom with her transition to assisted living.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Thank you Carolyn..Fortunately Mom has made this decision for herself and is is physical reasons. her mind is as sound as a bell..she is 90 and can recall things I only will hope to at her age.

The dealership won't even touch the problem so must contact Holiday Rambler. We are now learning about frame failures in Ventura frames and recalls. They are out of business but some have had succes with HR stepping up to the plate for repairs. So everyone pray hard that we are succesful.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Linda, if all else fails get out the super glue.

Where in WV are you going? That is one of the states we haven't been able to put the sticker on our map yet.

We are taking advantage of the city of Middlesboro by spending a few nights in the city parking lot. We did a week at the CGNP, and I paid for it today when I tried to wash the new roof. All the trees in the park has made a mess out of the roof, I scrubbed for hours today trying to get it back to white, and the roof is only 2 month old.

It is really nice in the city parking lot, QUIET, police station on one end and city hall on the other. there is a memorial for the veterans, a walk along the creek, and a museum all right here in the same area.

My brother had the surgery yesterday and everything went well. They didn't have to graft the skin to get the wound closed. They put several screws, a plate, and maybe a rod or two in his leg. He will be getting a brace tomorrow, and maybe he will come home again tomorrow or Friday.

If he gets home and is doing OK we may be able to meander towards Lexington for my CT Scan on the 4th of June. And if all is well then we will start out northeastern adventure.

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.

Chasing the 70's

Carolyn and Keith, We were just thinking about you guys yesterday as we kyacked (sp) down the Lampasas River. What fun....We only went 8 miles, the river was running fast in spots and I almost broadsided Fay when she got sideways.

Hopefully, Keith improves and we can go with you guys in Az. next winter.

We are going to Camp Host at Dinosaur Park July and Aug. Maybe we can meet up with Bobbie and Jim on our way up there.

Nana, Lulu said she misses her Aunt Linda.....

Jay n Fay Carter and Lulu

01 Fleetwood Expedition,DP

07 Saturn Toad

Joe, We are in Falling Waters WV until Friday AM. This is just east of Hagerstown MD and we are visiting with Smokie & Pam Ridgely. This CG is rather pricey for what you get so I would look elsewhere. Not many in the area that's for sure. We head over to Bruceton Mills,WV on Friday to see my nephew then Sat.Am its off to PA. Just remember that I-77 is one of the worst roads I know of...Bob Pinner can attest to that.

However I-68 is lovely. long huals up a couple mts but worth the trip.

LuLu..I love you too!!!!!

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Hi Classmates:

We are at our camp hosting job in Big Meadows, between South Fork and Wolf Creek Pass in Colorado. The Texans are coming up to get away from the heat and last night and this morning IT SNOWED. No problem being too cold here. Nights and mornings are 35-45 (great sleeping) and days are in the 70s - hear that Joe?

Our campground is a mess right now from the winter - snow still on the ground, 15 trees blocking the roads and they are putting in chloranation (sp) system so right now we don't have any water - we are taking a bucket to the lake and hauling water to clean the bathrooms. Don't think we will have many campers for the Memorial Day weekend as a cold spell and rain/snow is predicted. We need the extra time to clean up anyways.

Jay and Faye come on over! Give us a call to make sure we have a slot for your MH, if not there are several FHU campgrounds in the area. I know Howie and Norah and Bob and Molly are planning to visit us after Escapade and Marty is coming over in late July.

T.E.C. is alive and well and commences at 3:00 pm on my carpet, with refreshment of course icon_razz.gif

This website is a God-sent to us to keep in touch with everyone....we feel isolated without our classmates close by. Miss you all so very much.

Bobbie and Jim

Jim & Bobbie Chapman

http://chappytrails.blogspot.com

SKP#95234

Jim & Bobbie, Sounds to much like winter still to me :rolleyes Gosh carrying water by the bucket!!!. But once it warms up you will have a ball for sure.

We have spent a great 2 days with Smokie & Pam Ridgely here in WV. We did a driving tour on Antetum (SP) Battlefield this afternoon. So much to see here that we will certainly be back for more. Tomorrow we leave and should be in PA on Sat. Can't wait to see the Grandchildren and the rest of the family. It's chilly here but the rain is gone for the weekend.

Everyone be safe over the weekend.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

SNOW is still one of the dirty four letter words, and I don't mind seeing it on the PC or TV.

70 is good, but the 35-45 is tooooooo cold for me.

We got a call from TT to do one of there spills to join. we will be going to Hershey PA on June 19th for 3 nights and 4 days LOL. (if all goes well with the dr)

We get a 30 day VIP membership for going and I hope we can use it this summer going to the NE.

Nana you and Ron have sat too long in TX now you aren't letting any grass grow under that rig.

Maybe we will catch up with you somewhere.

Jay don't dump Fay in that cold water....yet, at least let the water warm up.

Who is planning on FL for the winter?

Chasing the 70's

Linda,

You were at the Antietam Battlefield today. icon_smile.gif And yes, the campground is expensive for what you get. That is one of the things that I hate about coming east. Expensive and small campgrounds. But at least we get to see our baby. (6'3" and 240#) icon_biggrin.gif

It's been great seeing you and Ron again.

We'll be there about November 1st. Will be at Avon Park, FL at Adelaide Shores RV Resort. Spent last November there and decided to go back for a bit longer next winter.

Ed & Beverly

Central, FL

Except for excursions

Jim and Bobbie, what's with the Colorado weather? You have snow and yesterday morning we left Denver and ran smack into high winds. At noon we pulled into an Information center on I-76 in the northeast to check out the weather, and discovered we were right in the middle of severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings - 80 mph winds and 1" hail just a few miles up the road. We were advised to sit it out overnight in the parking lot.

Things look much better here this morning, so we will start heading towards eastern Nebraska today -- where we only have to deal with flash flooding and torrential rains. icon_eek.gif Makes me wonder why I was complaining about the 103 degrees in Utah only a few short days ago.

For all you folks who have had the good fortune NOT to spend portions of your life in the Great Plains/Midwest: you don't want to come out here in the springtime. The budding flowers are not worth the winds, hail & tornados. We had no choice the first of May to have our son drive the moho from Las Cruces, NM to Milwaukee, WI. First in eastern NM it was a road repair of tar & gravel with some idiot going past him at 80 mph and spraying the windshields of both moho & toad (one replaced, the other still to go), then the main awning unrolled (it's still up there only with major bunjee cords waiting to be replaced) in high mostly tail winds. The next day out of OKC he had to change routes because of tornados in Missouri and deal with the winds sideways; lost lots of mpg. I was just relieved that he got here with himself and all the animals in one piece. But it will take most of the summer to get the repairs done; it's such a busy season for rv repair around here. Most of the dealerships won't even make an appointment with you if you didn't buy your rig from them. So we're waiting on an org ("old retired guy") who does mobile work to find time for us. Fortunately, we aren't planning on moving anywhere in the next 5-6 months.

Carolyn

Joey (Australian cattle dog/Brittany)

'94 Southwind (no slides)

'05 Honda Civic Hybrid

Archived