HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

Leaving ______ and heading for _____. I'll generally be off line and my cell phone turned off so the GPS cannot be used against me.

Hope to see you guys in _______ next ____.

2004 Peterbilt 385

2004 New Horizon 41 foot fiver

One Trek for chores and one for fun

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are in Susanville CA for the night then headed down to Yerington NV to visit with wome friends for a few days. Anyone plan on being on the in NV, CO, KS in the new couple of weeks ?

Reno Boomtown 5/3 and 5/4

Amazing how this $3.25 fuel doesn't last any longer than the $2.25 fuel last year did icon_frown.gif

Bob

Country Coach Intrigue Motorhome
Harley Heritage Softail
Jeep TJ
Travel Supreme 34FKTSO 5th Wheel

Pulled into Rapid City this morning to begin the summer workamping gig at Ft. Hays. If you get in the neighborhood, look us up. Trailer and truck with assorted satellite dishes will be out front.

Diesel in Rapid City at Flying J this AM was $2.96

Paint your wagon and come along

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

In Mission TX till Sunday, fuel 2.62 at Citgo, gonna fill these babies up till it runs out!! icon_biggrin.gif

Later

Rich icon_cool.gif

01, Volvo 770

08, 41' KZ New Vision Triple Slide, Triple Axle Toy Hauler 5ver. 5th Airborne Air ride Pin Box

2009 Rag Top Smart Car

FullTimers since 01

USAF CMSgt. Ret.

http://enophile.blogspot.com/

Remember, If you find yourself in a fair fight, Your tactics suck!!

• 2 weeks later...

We had 2" of snow here in the mountains of Woodland Park CO, last Wed (8500'). It was beautiful on the pine trees. Gone by the next day.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Tom Said:

Dieseldan

1999 40' Travel Supreme RLTSODB Two Bedroom 5th Wheel. TrailAir hitch

1998 Volvo VNL770, 460HP Cummins N14 Plus, 13 speed manual, 245" wheelbase, tandems, Holland hitch, Work Station, TV/DVD, Microwave, Fridge, 3,000 W Inverter, Sink, PTO hydraulic kit - Retired USAF Lt Col

"If it wasn't for people like that, people like us wouldn't look so good."

• 2 weeks later...

Evanston Wyoming only for the night, then to the Snowy Range for a couple of days. Hope to make the Black Hil for a day or two, maybe I get in on a short fishing trip. Then on to MN have to be there by 6/5.

Its been a great 6 months on the road.

Chuck, is that princess home yet ?

Bob

Harley Heritage Softail
Jeep TJ

Bob/Diana: If you get to Rapid City area, give me a call. We could get together and have lunch or dinner. There is a little campground called "TeePee" campground right next to Ft. Hays on Highway 16 which could handle you, only thing is they only have 30 amp power.

Paint your wagon and come along

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

Bob::

When are you getting to Mn? I may need a big favor, someone to drive the Princess from one shop to another. I woke up Monday morning with an "inner ear upset". i.e. couldn't hardly walk or eat. Much better now, but not sure I will be driving for a week or two. May need to get it from Roberts Wi, where I am having the oil pan fixed to St Paul where her wheels are coming off.

Thanks Chuck

PS "inner ear upset" does not begin to decribe how it felt.

No problem Chuck, we should be in MN by Sunday should I give you a call when we arrive

Jim/Val we will give you a call when we get there. 30 amp ? - no problem I have been running off battaries a winter icon_smile.gif

Bob

Harley Heritage Softail
Jeep TJ

WhyW8 - Aka - Henry & Cindy

You two ok with the fires up in the Sedona AZ area?

38' 1996 Alfa Gold

FREE MASON Home Blue Lodge #64/Lake Havasu, AZ.

who said? "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

RW,

Thanks for the concern, we are fine and doing well.

The fire was located on highway 179 about 5-7 mile(as the crow flys)from our location.

We live off of 89A - 5 miles Southwest of Sedona (west of 179) and Work about 7 miles north of Sedona (north of 179)

The residents here got very lucky. The fire started by a fencing contractor who was grinding on a metal fence post.

This fire started in a subdivision and ended up consuming 2 homes and a few out buildings, but had the potential to take out up to 500 homes.

The wind worked with the residents and the fire worked up the side of a mountain. Currently 50% contained. Approx 850 acres.

The area, like the whole state is extremely dry and fire danger is very high. Working in Oak Creek Canyon is great but could be very bad if a fire were to start in the canyon.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Pam,

It was great having you guys around for a few days. Hope the tires and the PressurePro worked for you. see you sat. in Gillette, I hope.....Still cool here,,,, icon_cool.gif

Miek & Pat

Mike & Pat McFall SKP # 40224

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift

2005 Teton 45' Grand Reliance

PressurePro Tire Monitor Dealer

PressurePro System

Mike and Pat's Travels

Tripod Website

Update:

We are currently in Tallahassee trying to relocate Sue's mother.

Then July 11th we'll be in north AL closing on the house sale, then to the dealer in Huntsville for some warranty work then back to Tally for doctor and family stuff.

Hopefully we will be able to head west sometime in August. It looks like we'll miss Sturgis.

The HDT rally in Wichita is still in the plans.

BTW, it's hotter than hades here!!

Mike/Pat, Kevin at TRV is looking forward to you guys getting here this fall. He has a LOT of work planned!!

2016 Tiffin Allegro RED 33AA, pulling 2015 Jeep Wrangler.  2005 Mobile Suites 38RL3 parked at Florida home base.  

Pam, we are down near CO Springs, about 75 miles south of I 70. Come on down and spend a little time. We can get you a discount in the CG, and the weather is nice and cool at 8500'. Let me know if you need directions. BTW, Gary Taylor is just down the road, about 2 miles.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Hi Jack and Larry,

We hope to leave friday or sat. a.m. We want to stop by Ft. Collins and do some quality control inspections at the Anheizer-Busch factory. Also want to see those horses. So Jack, hope to be in the area maybe monday.

Larry, you were going to be our next stop but we weren't sure where in CO. Mayer's were. So we will try to pass thru maybe Wed. Will let you know next week. Alot depends on when we get out of here.

If ya all want to PM Smokey with directions we'll let you know. We are suppose to have some work done on Friday.

Pam