HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

What's wrong with US 90 b/w San Antonio & El Paso???

WP 903

merrillthurmanllc.com

Merrill Thurman

"73 de WBØWGG"

1996 FLB Freightliner; M11 Cummins @ 365 HP; 10 Speed OD Eaton/Fuller; 4.10 Rearend

You Can't Troubleshoot Stupid...

It Is Impossible To Even Converse With An Educated Idiot...

Tell Me Again Why I Took The Job I Now Have???

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smoke/Pam

US Hwy 90 is a great road, I have driven it several times from San Antonio to Del Rio and all the way from Del Rio to Van Horn. Good road all the way, lot's of deer around the Alpine area during the evening hours so you need to pay close attention there. Great road, wouldn't hesitate to take it again.

If you get a chance to overnite in San Antonio you're welcome to stop by here, you will pass right by us. We are on Hwy 90 near the intersection of 90 and 410. Henry & Cindy are here,, (well, their stuff is here),, they should be back by the 15th I think.

If ya don't stop honk when ya go by. icon_biggrin.gif

Later

Rich icon_cool.gif

01, Volvo 770

08, 41' KZ New Vision Triple Slide, Triple Axle Toy Hauler 5ver. 5th Airborne Air ride Pin Box

2009 Rag Top Smart Car

FullTimers since 01

USAF CMSgt. Ret.

http://enophile.blogspot.com/

Remember, If you find yourself in a fair fight, Your tactics suck!!

If anyone is stopping in Asheville, NC, in the Western North Carolina mountains, enroute to warmer climates, feel free to say "hi." We're at the Bear Creek RV park at I40-I26.

It seems that the park is clearing out and we're one of the few foolish people left waiting for winter to arrive. icon_rolleyes.gif It's getting kinda' lonely around here.

See ya'.

Garth & Debbie

SKP #70431

Hi Garth

I live about 45 minutes north of where you are. When I get back in town (mid November) my wife would love to come and visit.

Steve

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

Garth,

That park was STACKED & PACKED the 3 weeks I was there the end of August - first part of September.

Hope the house building is going well...

WP 903

merrillthurmanllc.com

Merrill Thurman

"73 de WBØWGG"

1996 FLB Freightliner; M11 Cummins @ 365 HP; 10 Speed OD Eaton/Fuller; 4.10 Rearend

You Can't Troubleshoot Stupid...

It Is Impossible To Even Converse With An Educated Idiot...

Tell Me Again Why I Took The Job I Now Have???

Merrill,

It's different now. There's maybe 8 rigs in the park tonight. Myself, six nice folks, and one guy that seems to be trying to sell me property in Mexico. icon_rolleyes.gif

When we arrived last month, the owners tried to get us to take a work camping position. We turned it down because we didn't want it to get in the way of our house stuff. Maybe I should have taken it . . . naaaaaah.

BTW, I haven't seen anyone new in the office, so maybe the position is still there . . . if anyone wants to follow-up on it. There doesn't seem to be much to do, although the weather will be a little cold in the next month or so.

Garth & Debbie

SKP #70431

Garthg, Come down i-26 to exit 53 (south Hendersonville) turn right go down to the second light to South Allen road and come to Park Place RV Park and I'll give you a couple days on the house just to meet you and yours. My # is on the door if I'm not here.

'98 FL-70 toterhome by Kibbi.com 275"wb,Cat 3126 275HP, Allison 3060,'98 Carriage cw3742 38',21K#, 64' hooked-up My camper

Hi Smokey and Pam,

US 90 is a great road. You will go by Judge Roy Bean’s Saloon and court house. At Langtry, Tx. Worth a stop. You will also go right past the Marfa lights area. This is a phenomenon that hasn’t been figured out yet. Try to boondock at the visitor’s parking lot to observe the lights.

Keep makin' happy tracks,

Bob T

Jamey,

Thanks for the offer. That's very nice of you to extend it.

Right now it'll be best for us to stay put. The house should be completed within the month and we're used to the roads for all the different things we need to get done right now.

Between appointments, we'd look forward to stopping by and saying "hi." I have a good idea right where you are located by your directions. It sounds like you're down the street from the Cracker Barrel in Flat Rock.

Again, thanks and we'll drop by.

Garth & Debbie

SKP #70431

Hi Bob,

We are in Del Rio, Tx on our way to Yuma. We will be staying on 38th St.

Got some REALLY bad news today. The couple who were going to meet us there and stay on the other site died last night of a massive heart attack. You all might know him as RVNOTEBOOK here on the forum. We knew him as Mickey Ivey.

Please keep his wife Patty in your prayers as she sorts out her life and loss.

Pam

Hi all. Billie and I are done camping and traveling for the year. We'll spend the winter here in Oakley. If you call winter 75-80 degrees this week. A lot warmer than Texas Motor Speedway was last week.

I did get to visit with Troy last week and he is doing great. Boeing is keep him busy. As for Lesa, she had not got to the track yet on Friday morning. Troy was making her work. icon_wink.gif

You all have a great winter and we'll see you at the 2007 HDT Rally.

Larry & Billie

'98 Volvo 610, "HD Mule"

2010 Excel Wild Cargo SKM

A. J., the guard dog

Sadie, Mistress

http://community.webshots.com/user/stillworking100

Larry/Billie: Sorry to hear that you are done traveling for the next few months but THANKS for providing the hospitality over the last few times we have been there. Say "HI" to Mary out at Hi Plains for us.

Paint your wagon and come along

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396