HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

Jack & Larry

We are waiting for Big O Tire to ship some new wheels to their store in Gillette. Supposed to be here tomorrow or Friday. Have to be in Sadalia, MO for a rally on Mon July 17th so we will let you know as soon as possible when we should be coming through.

Larry - I would guess it will be later in the week than Wed when we get to the Oakley area, but we will stop by and see you on the way through.

Smokey & Pam
2016 Tiffin Allegro Open Road
15 Jeep Cherokee

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smokey,

That will work we will be home. I PM you with directions.

There where Jack is at is very nice. Lots of trees and pretty country. I have stayed just south of where Jack is several years ago and need to get back up there.

Larry & Billie

'98 Volvo 610, "HD Mule"

2010 Excel Wild Cargo SKM

A. J., the guard dog

Sadie, Mistress

http://community.webshots.com/user/stillworking100

Smokey,

I have some wheels that I think fit your Teton well.....wouldn't want very much for them... icon_smile.gif

Let us know if you are stopping in. We work some, but not much.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Jack & Larry

I'm afraid we won't be able to stop by and see you. Big O Tires is giving me a real run around. When I bought new wheels to hold the pressure of the G Rated tires I bought from the Big O in Yuma, they got the wrong Wheels. Only held a max of 80 psi. The low pressure caused 3 tires to blow out at the sidewalls. I called them and they were supposed to send me the proper wheels. They were supposed to arrive in Gillette last Friday. I came to find out they hadn't even been sent. We are now in Fort Collins, CO and they are suppose to send the wheels there. But they won't arrive until Friday of this week. I have to be in Sadalia, MO for a Rally on Sunday, so once the tires are installed, I will have to high-tail it to MO non-stop. The manager at the Yuma Big O is mostly concerned only that he doesn't lose his shirt in replacing what he should have done right the first time. Unless I can get the wheels expedited when I talk to the Big O Corporate office tomorrow and raise h**l, there won't be a minute to spare to get to my next destination on time. We were really looking forward to seeing you guys. Guess we'll have to wait until Wichita.

Smokey & Pam
2016 Tiffin Allegro Open Road
15 Jeep Cherokee

Sorry to hear about your wheels....I'm liking your old ones.

We will see you in Wichita. We are getting there on the 27th. Before that we will be at the Horizons factory - probably at the lake north of them.

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

Smokey and Pam,

Sorry to here about all the problems. Catch you in Wichita.

Pam, can you give us an update on how Smokey's quaility control goes. I worry about him and nice chairs. icon_biggrin.gif

Larry & Billie

'98 Volvo 610, "HD Mule"

2010 Excel Wild Cargo SKM

A. J., the guard dog

Sadie, Mistress

http://community.webshots.com/user/stillworking100

That would most likely be Milford Lake Jack, lots of nice COE camping.

A interesting tidbit for the HDTers here is the President of New Horizens used to be in charge of truck leasing for a regional steel company that a few of us got our trucks from.... small world.

Bob

Country Coach Intrigue Motorhome
Harley Heritage Softail
Jeep TJ
Travel Supreme 34FKTSO 5th Wheel

Leaving O Dark Thirty Thursday for point west. Plans include RMNP, Tetons, Yellowstone, Glacier, Banff, Jasper, and the Black Hills with a lot in between. I'll be out and about until 8/21. I had wanted to do Alaska this year but not enough time. Always next year.

2006 Volvo VNL630 465 HP 1650 Ft/lbs. Freedomline 3.42 21K rear

2004 Cedar Creek 362BBS

http://www.picturetrail.com/themisfitking

If you get down this way give us a shout. CO Springs area. We will come meet you for a chat and free coffee, or you can stay here at half price for awhile.....cool 8500', pines and wildlife....

www.jackdanmayer.com

Jim, I'll be in your area around Aug 6th for a week. Would like to stop in for a cup. i was also planning on looking up Mike and Pat McFall while in the area. I am staying at Rafter J's in Hill City. Jack and Danielle, I hope to be in Colorado on Sat. evening. Thanks for the offer of 50% but already have reservations. Staying at Estes Park, maybe I can meet you somewhere, I was wanting to head south 1 day for a site seeing tour. Dave how was your Myrtle Beach trip?

2006 Volvo VNL630 465 HP 1650 Ft/lbs. Freedomline 3.42 21K rear

2004 Cedar Creek 362BBS

http://www.picturetrail.com/themisfitking

Charlie,

I doubt you will get this far south - it is pretty far from Estes. If you get near the Springs call me and I'll meet you. Love to see that truck. PM will come with cell.

www.jackdanmayer.com

Charlie, Glad to hear your coming our way. We are just 10 miles south of the Rafter J. 1 mile south of Custer. Not sure at this time if we will be home or not. The locals usally all get out of Dodge bike week, if you know what I mean. We been plannibg on a trip to glacier and thought that would be a good time to do it. Now bike week starts a week before and lasts a week after, so we get kinda tired of it. At first it was fun for a few years, then it was OK, then tolerable, now its a pain. Good for the economy tho...... icon_smile.gif

I think you have our phone no. if you don't let me know and I'll email it to you.

Our travel plans are quite up in the air now as my Mother is in a nursing home 150 miles south of here and she isn't at all well. So we may be here...?

Have a safe trip and keep us posted..

Mike

Mike & Pat McFall SKP # 40224

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift

2005 Teton 45' Grand Reliance

PressurePro Tire Monitor Dealer

PressurePro System

Mike and Pat's Travels

Tripod Website

• 3 weeks later...

Pam, what the heck are you guys doing back east?? Don't you know that "West is Best"??? See you at THE RALLY!!

www.jackdanmayer.com

We are visiting our son (and former residence) this month in Hagerstown, MD. And I'll tell you something else!! We are being followed by a stinking heat wave AND I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!!

We were in MO. with heat index of 110 or so, then IL. with God knows what (didn't have computer hookup) and terrible humidity. So yes, Jack, the west is best.

The end of the month heading to Reading,PA for a car something or other then back to IL., and eventually the Escapade. Then we head to the HDT rally. Whew!