HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

. Saw you guys heading east towing double. I have a friend along who is getting a valuable lesson in HDT towing. his Trans is ready to go and I have to wait after every long grade. Right now I am in Rafter J Hill City SD.

2006 Volvo VNL630 465 HP 1650 Ft/lbs. Freedomline 3.42 21K rear

2004 Cedar Creek 362BBS

http://www.picturetrail.com/themisfitking

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I've spent the last 8 days at Winchester -- Absolutely the GREATEST weather -- -- Sorry Padraic .. It turned this way AFTER you left .. .. icon_biggrin.gif

I leave in the morning as the RAINS ..... icon_mad.gif set in next week and I have another Solar system to install for a friend.

Talking about Solar -- What a GREAT week it has been for Solar -- Just wished the neighbors had it .. .. icon_redface.gif

Thanks to those who posted pictures of the National Rally -- I've posted a few of my stay here .......

See Ya'll out in the Desert after the 1st of the year ..... icon_wink.gif

Time for another Beer ..... I'm out a here .... icon_razz.gif

Dave

Scott,

Are you still following the rules of triple - twos? (drive 200 miles, arrive by 2:00pm, stay 2 days)

or modified rules of two

Drive two days, Stay two hours and leave by 2:00 am? icon_smile.gif

We just arrived yesterday into Anderson, SC Will be here a week or so.

Back in Rapid City at Hart Ranch till 10/21 then south for warmer climes.

Took 3 days for the 715 miles from Wichita. Guess that takes care of the 200 mile a day thingy.

Beautiful day up here, mid 70's right now but expecting a cold front thru in a couple of days.

Paint your wagon and come along

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

Still in Wichita waiting for parts. It has rained here all day today. Bob and Sharon got ready to leave today until they discovered they didn't have any brake lights on the truck or trailer. They will get it checked out in the morning and then leave. It has been great having them around. We've enjoyed time together, especially going out to eat. icon_biggrin.gif Hopefully our parts will arrive tomorrow.

Smokey & Pam
2016 Tiffin Allegro Open Road
15 Jeep Cherokee

We are in Kaw City, OK. 100 miles south of Wichita, in a COE park on a lake. A huge site, right on the water. Howard and Linda Payne are next to us - I'm piggybacking on their wifi. We were both going to leave today, except for the rain. Will be heading for Memphis tomorrow, assuming the rain is gone. We will spend most of a week (or so) there with the Bruss's.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Yup, and it will take at least 2 days to do the little over 500 miles to Memphis....2 hard days...

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

BRRRR!!! It's cold, windy and raining here in Wichita. I want to go south icon_frown.gif Parts still haven't arrived from Teton yet. They told Doonan's Body Shop yesterday that they were shipped UPS. But they also said they were shipped last Tuesday. We know that didn't happen. I called Teton yesterday and they couldn't find the Parts Manager. Left a message and never got a call back. I am really frustrated.

Smokey & Pam
15 Jeep Cherokee

Made it to Memphis. Sitting in Mark Bruss's yard on the river, using his wifi. icon_smile.gif

Will be here for a week, then on to VA.

www.jackdanmayer.com

Musta slipped by you guys .... Picked up the truck at Herrins Welding on Thursday went to north Oklahoma for business and then decided to go to Doonans and get a VIS check while that close ...went over to Blasi to see if anyone was still hangin out and found three HDT's ...visited a while ...then headed back to Mississippi ...got back Saturday afternoon ....Great trip and was really pleased with the bed build and the way the truck handled ...one good thing I noticed was after putting on the bed ..and the fuel tank fairings ...and changing to 11R24.5's ...I got 11.6 MPG bobtail ...calculated ..milage from Perry,OK to Meridian,Ms 740 miles and filled up when I got home 63.7 Gallons ...the best I had gotten before was 9.7 Bobtail ...I ran 65 mph at 1500 rpm on cruise ....Kinda anxious to see what it will do pulling the RV !!!!Jim

Jim&Hazel,03 Volvo 610,425hp,10sp Autoshift,Eaton 3:90 rear,24.5Alum,184"wb,ET jr/air hitch,SafVis Cams4,XM,Press/Pro,Garmin2720,CB,Rally Sport/TS,Bigfoot Levelers,03Roadking,02Dyna Lowrider,Golden Ret in spirit,Choc Lab(Trash)..Herrin Hauler Bed..Toyota FJ ...SKP# 95463 http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2901871210078354682lLxYIz .Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez ....

This is KS,Toto!

We got ready to leave Blasi on Sunday,end of Rally.

Slide wouldn't go in.Don Hasty,grabbed his gloves and we got it in about 3pm.Thanks Don.

We headed for Russell KS to the King of the Road Service.WRONG.They left in May.We ordered the gear motor and are still here waiting.Some former employess of King of the Road are going to help install.Should be here tomorrow then off to NM.

Thanks to all at the Rally,we really enjoyed it all.

2001 Volvo 770-2003 travel supreme36

Currently in Alpine, TX, heading to Deming, NM next week, then back to Alpine the week after that, then Holbrook, AZ the week after that.

Can't miss me - Freightliner COE & a 35' Cardinal...

WP 903

merrillthurmanllc.com

Merrill Thurman

"73 de WBØWGG"

1996 FLB Freightliner; M11 Cummins @ 365 HP; 10 Speed OD Eaton/Fuller; 4.10 Rearend

You Can't Troubleshoot Stupid...

It Is Impossible To Even Converse With An Educated Idiot...

Tell Me Again Why I Took The Job I Now Have???

YEEEAAAA!!!! The parts for my Teton arrived today. They will start on it first thing Monday morning and Mike at the body shop said he can have it ready for me by COB on Wednesday. That means we will still get out of Wichita and mske it to the Texas Good Sam Rally.

Smokey & Pam
15 Jeep Cherokee

Nice campground, Pam. We will be back.

www.jackdanmayer.com