anyone have a propane-powered toaster oven?

In 2 years I've never used my motorhome's oven. I store dishtowels and cereal in there. But one appliance I really wish I had would be a toaster oven. The one I have in my house is used daily for toast (of course) but also broiling and baking. The big oven is usually overkill.

I just came back from a week in the RV, making toast on top of the gas burners (lol) and trying to "broil" in the microwave.

I'm wondering if anyone has replaced their rig's oven with a toaster oven? Ideally a propane-powered one so I could use it off grid? Or, an electric one that doesn't pull to many amps.

AM

2018 Forest River Sunseeker 2290SC
25 feet, Chevy Express 4500
"Angie" (short for Angel)

This writer uses a cast iron skillet on a propane cooktop for precise heat management. Don’t overheat the skillet. More slices toast fast once the skillet is stabilized at Toast Temperature. I stand finished toast vs laying it flat so it doesn’t develop the sogginess. I like it cooled just enough that the butter doesn’t melt enough and soak into the toast. Nice and crunchy with crumbs everywhere to clean up afterwards. 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Bread buttered and toasted in a fry pan is scrumptious!  Much better than a toaster.

The propane toaster oven would be great outside.  I sure wouldn't use them inside.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

There is a propane/butane fueled toaster oven listed on Amazon for $169. I don't see why this could not be used inside as it doesn't appear to be a whole lot different than the propane oven built in other than it is counter top. However, if is just toast you want, then this should work. I have used one for years for inside and out on gas cooktops. 

Stansport Folding Camp Stove Toaster

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

We use a Breville toaster oven for toast, baking, whatever. The trailer's oven is a storage place. The unit we have is our third one. The first one worked great until it met the floor. Second one was showing signs of age at 10 years so we replaced it before it died.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

David yeah I have a Breville at home that I love. But I was hoping to find one I could use when dry camping. My thoughts were "well the oven is propane. Can't we just swap it out for some other propane appliance like a toaster oven."

I guess not.

I do have one of those toaster thingies that goes on top of the burner but it keeps falling apart.  But thanks for the ideas!

2018 Forest River Sunseeker 2290SC
25 feet, Chevy Express 4500
"Angie" (short for Angel)

It would be possible to modify things in order to replace the present over with a propane toaster oven but that would involve a major modification of both the RV and the oven. There have been no propane toaster ovens designed for RV use to my knowledge and I'd be surprised to see one introduced because the market for it would be so small. If you did find one you could expect the price to be pretty high. The stove top toasters are still available and you must have a really cheap one as we used ours for more than 30 years.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

2 hours ago, Kirk W said:

... The stove top toasters are still available and you must have a really cheap one as we used ours for more than 30 years.

If just for toast, I would vote for this solution (used one for many years of rough camping starting with my dad in the '50s, too).

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg