Old Goat's corner. He's at it again

phoenix2013

The shed IS MINE, the jackass that created the mess whether this was a shed or an addition, was sent yesterday to do the FINAL INSPECTION.Β  Two hours later I was informed via email by the City that all the requirements of the permit were fulfilled and passed the inspection. I'll share few more bits of this political theater little later.Β 

The HAPPY Old GoatπŸ˜„πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thar she sits, just needs some paint and manicure. The City has officially sanctioned the marriage of She Shed to the Old Goat.

e3qzZ6sl.jpgΒ 

Her innards were neatened up and beautified for the inspection, likely not to look "this pretty again". She will be a working girl, used and abused.

IRfFtQ2l.jpg

This is what I was sweating bullets over, see these hurricane proof barn door.

dNn4dnCl.jpg

Illegal as hell. These were not "produced and tested" by approved manufacturer who took these to approved state laboratory to be subjected to 130 mph winds and 2 x 4s launched at it from an air cannon. These are Old Goat designed and built doors and do not "sport" the magic "Approved by the State of Florida" sticker. It doesn't matter thatΒ  these are better built and designed that anything I have seen on "Approved Sheds".

m1UU5Fgl.jpg

Particle board and crappy workmanship notwithstanding these come on a shed with a magic "stickee". To make matters worse the architect listed (on page 2 of his plans) an approved Home Depot exterior crappy steel door to be used on this shed and wouldn't approve mine (I don't have the proper qualifications from the State, was his reason). So I went for the broke andΒ  called for final inspection and brought only page one of the plans for the "occasion".

It seems that Lord has smiled on the Old Goat and a bit of City politics helped too. The Old Goat is known in the Town Hall circles and the saga of his shed vs. addition is well known in the Building Department. As is the name of the Junior idiot who started it all and embarrassed the senior inspectors. Final inspections are usually done by Senior Inspectors who "look at everything", I've been told. Guess who showed up at my door to do the final inspection, the Junior idiot who started it all. I guess they decided to send him to face the owner/builder whom he subjected to all the delays and extra expenses over basically nonsense. He was very apologetic "I'm the one who caught the proper change", blah, blah, blah. "This will be the fastest final inspection you have ever seen". It was, he stepped into the shed, looked at couple of legit changes I had to do, signed off the roster of inspection and got the hell out of here. Two hours later, the She Shed was mine.

One more little thing, also an "adventure", left to do. More on that later.

Edited by phoenix2013