Facebook forum question

Brad & Jacolyn

As can probably be seen already I have never used Facebook (and really never had any desire to use it) but I have heard that there is a version of our forum on there and I though I would check it out to be sure I'm not missing anything. What do I need to do , what is the name, etc. Help educate and old dude.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

There's 3 (at least) HDT groups, relating to RV use on FaceBook. Some are busier than others, some are populated by professional drivers more. There's no cost for admission, other than your time. There's easier picture sharing on FB, so there's more there, but the build threads get spread out there.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

I used the link and when it came up it said I already had an account and it appears to be displaying in Chinese. What should I do now?

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

2 minutes ago, Brad & Jacolyn said:

What should I do now?

Lock the door! Draw the curtains! Mark Z is on to you! 😄 Seriously, try refreshing the page.

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication

Please e-mail us here.

Don't know how to just refresh the page because everything except the name 'HDT - Heavy Duty Trucks for RVing' is in chinese (I think) so I can't read anything

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

1 hour ago, Brad & Jacolyn said:

Don't know how to just refresh the page because everything except the name 'HDT - Heavy Duty Trucks for RVing' is in chinese (I think) so I can't read anything

It's the little circular arrow up at the top of your browser window. Or, right click, select refresh (or reload).
It's coming up fine for me, as well.

Please e-mail us here.

Found the refresh and still get the same thing. I think it is something to do with my account. Waiting on a response from facebook. Good thing I'm not dying.

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

7 hours ago, Brad & Jacolyn said:

Found the refresh and still get the same thing. I think it is something to do with my account. Waiting on a response from facebook. Good thing I'm not dying.

..... but maybe you have a virus ..... on your computer.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

You may be disappointed in the Facebook page. There is a reason why I still come here with serious questions. There is a lot of misinformation on FB. There is a lot of good stuff too, but you wave to wade through a bunch of garbage to get it. 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

I'm about to give up on it. Didn't want to be there anyway. I was just wondering if there was anything on there about Steve and if anyone was picking up the rally hosting. I'm afraid to ask him if he was sick.

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

Howdy All!!!

I really like this forum, but I also like the HDT sites on facebook, I think I am on at least 3 different facebook sites all are about HDT's and RVing. I know I see a lot of people from our forum there too.

The best thing about facebook is it is so easy to load a picture. Take a picture with the camera, jump on facebook and type on an icon and it is loaded.

Later,

Cory O - Vegas Teacher

15 hours ago, Danfreda1 said:

Steve Voracek is taking over national rally 

I'm glad to here that it is not going to fade away.

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

Success. Was looking at a campground web site and it popped up in facebook with my Chinese. At the bottom of the page were other languages and clicking English fixed that. Then when I tried to get a password reset (because I did not even know I had an account) it told me the account was suspended for rules violations. So I created an account using my phone number and I'm in. No idea what the rules violation was and I have found that for a novice they are hard to work with. So since I am in and have filed for membership  I will call it good.

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

12 hours ago, Brad & Jacolyn said:

Success. Was looking at a campground web site and it popped up in facebook with my Chinese. At the bottom of the page were other languages and clicking English fixed that. Then when I tried to get a password reset (because I did not even know I had an account) it told me the account was suspended for rules violations. So I created an account using my phone number and I'm in. No idea what the rules violation was and I have found that for a novice they are hard to work with. So since I am in and have filed for membership  I will call it good.

Facebook has a problem with people opening fake accounts in other peoples names.  Thats probably what happened to you.  But since you provided a new phone number it created a new account for you.  Its recommended you change your facebook password frequently.  

Jim's Adventures

Old Spacecraft.... Who knows whats next

The web and social media platforms provided a massive leap in ability to gather information and exchange information. But, like the Grail Knights tells Indiana Jones, " you must choose wisely which cup one sippeth' from". Social platforms also welcomed hordes of exuberant, misinformed and opinionated down to lonely, vicious and misadjusted.

The Facebook HDT forum some has good stuff from time to time, but it disappears buried by the exuberant, misinformed and opinionated. To differentiate things, on the Facebook HDT forum you sign up for the freshmen class in the HDT University, on this forum you are at the Junior, or Senior level. The exuberant, misinformed and opinionated, do not do well here.

But I give you that, posting informative pictures to go with your dialog on Facebook is a breeze.

u5qm96xl.jpg