Resident for South Dakota

Gilmore67

Actually, there is no one state that is best for everyone. Without question the 3 most popular states for fulltimer domicile are Florida, Texas, and South Dakota and you can use any of the three with the Escapees mail service. Before you make that choice there are many issues that you need to examine. If you have employer provided health insurance, will it be valid if your address should change to a different state? If you need to buy health insurance, what state offers the best choices? (SD generally has the fewest and FL the most of the 3) If you have not done so, I strongly suggest that you read The Issue of Domicile before you make your choice.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Easiest does not necessarily mean best nor does easiest in one area mean other things are easiest. Please, read the link Kirk sent before doing something you might regret.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

If the OP decides to come to SD to claim residency let me suggest that he open a mail service account in advance of actually coming to the State.  You're going to need a paid contract with a mail service in lieu of recent mail items sent to your address in order to get a license.  Things will go a lot smoother if he establishes the address in advance.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

4 hours ago, Gilmore67 said:

I’m from Virginia been hearing South Dakota is best state to claim as resident for full timers only one day to be in state.

What are you doing for health insurance?

If you're under 65 and have to buy your own, then SD is not the best place.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

3 hours ago, docj said:

If the OP decides to come to SD to claim residency let me suggest that he open a mail service account in advance of actually coming to the State.

I agree with that suggestion, but it applies to any chosen state. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI