IS THERE A NATIONAL HIGHWAY TOLL PASS?

pcovey

We will be going to full time RVing across America next summer.  We currently have a Toll Pass in our state, but would like to know if there is a Highway Toll Pass Sticker that works across multiple states?  Is anyone aware of something like this?  If so, what is the name of it or where can I find the web-site.  Thank you. 

"NationalPass" is probably the closest currently available. They charge a monthly fee of $7.99 for tolls up to $50 and $10.99 for tolls over $50. I have not used their service since the 17 state E-ZPass has worked well for our travels so far with no monthly fee. 

https://www.nationalpass.net/

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

1 hour ago, pcovey said:

We currently have a Toll Pass in our state, but would like to know if there is a Highway Toll Pass Sticker that works across multiple states? 

Welcome to the Escapee forums! While there are toll passes that do work across more than 1 toll system and a few across multiple states, I don't know of any that work in all states or all toll systems. For example, TX has 5 different toll systems and most do accept each other but not tags from everywhere. The NTTA pass from north TX is accepted on all TX toll roads and also on those in OK and KS. The same is true for the TX Tag. There are at least three organizations working to make a national pass, Plate Pass, National Pass,  and TransCore's RV Pass. I don't have experience with any of them.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

PrePass https://prepass.com/services/electronic-toll-payments/ is what the trucking industry uses.  It does have a monthly fee if you use it or not.  

We personally us EZ-Pass and Sun Pass.  They cover enough states that we haven't had any issue.

Jim's Adventures

Old Spacecraft.... Who knows whats next

With the steady increase in fuel mileage for automobiles and the rise in hybrid and electric vehicles, the revenue from taxes on petroleum fuels as compared to miles driven will continue to decline, so more toll roads is inevitable unless another way to fund highways is found. 

The federal tax, at 18.4 cents per gallon, is meant to help the federal government pay to build and fix things like highways and bridges. Every state adds its own tax to every gallon sold in the state, too. However, the federal gas tax has been stuck in neutral since 1993, which is the last time the tax was increased.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

i can not say for "other" states, but in ca we pay a road tax on fuel, land, air, water, food, clothing, sales, etc and not just at the retail level.

the democrats in control have put in a road tax into everything we use and need in ca. but detour said funds to pay for

"other" projects that have nothing to do with the roads.

heck my pu needs new tires, and i will pay out over $100.usd in just tax. then the "fees" (another way to  say, tax).

and what increase in fuel millage?  a chevy 350 motor get about the same as a 1960's model car got.

a 1969 chevy malibu 350 motor, turbo 350 trans, tall gears, NO computers. got up to 32 mpg on the freeway).

just most cars now run small 6 or 4 cylinder motors.

Edited by packnrat