Topic deleted by author

NamMedevac 70

2 hours ago, remoandiris said:

I don't think AAA can prohibit anything. 

In some areas the AAA road service uses tow trucks owned by AAA and their magazine states that due to covid19 they do not allow a customer to ride in trucks that they own. I am sure that you would be right about the contractor trucks like are usually needed for an RV.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if at least some of the other towing companies have done the same in an effort to keep their drivers safe. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

4 hours ago, NamMedevac 70 said:

I agree sport and good luck to you if you are ever stranded on a very remote road at night without a ride as uber may or may not show up.  In these days being alone on a rural road can get you killed in many different ways.  Thanks from Happy Camper

I think it is an acceptable restriction, given the times.  If one is dependent on AAA to deal with a breakdown, perhaps one could alter their traveling habits during the pandemic, maybe not travel at night in remote places.

In California I heard you can ride in a vehicle being hauled on a roll back as long as you wear your seatbelt. I'm not sure about a wheel lift tow situation. CHP would confirm. 

You and the tow truck driver download a Zello like app for 2 way walkie talkie communication, hop in your rig, roll down the winda blinds, crack a beer and chips and away we go...

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

We broke down in upstate NY on I-90, the NY Thruway, last  summer requiring a tow. The tow company the Thruway dispatcher arranged said the same thing, that we would not be allowed to ride in the cab. They did offer to send along a courtesy car for our use though. We had our toad, but it was nice to know they were offering the alternative. Our Progressive Insurance ERS coverage quickly reimbursed us for the full cost of the tow since they were not allowed to dispatch to the Thruway.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I reply in kind to snarky replies.  No offense intended to anyone.  Most campers will see my post as sincere attempt to help fellow travelers with important information for their present situation and planning purposes.  I am 74 with heart condition and overweight and feel perfectly comfortable riding in a car with a stranger if both of us are wearing mask and said stranger doesn't mind or feel unsafe. 

All I stated was the official word from the Triple AAA roadside asst operator and they used covid virus as reason/excuse for not riding in the cab.  Many RVers have stated on this and other forums how grateful they were to be rescued on a lonely rural road night or day by Triple A drivers who also let them ride in the tow vehicle as they had no other means of transportation from breakdown site.

This has not happened to me and not likely to happen to me so I really don't give a rats.

23 minutes ago, NamMedevac 70 said:

I reply in kind to snarky replies.  No offense intended to anyone.  Most campers will see my post as sincere attempt to help fellow travelers with important information for their present situation and planning purposes.  I am 74 with heart condition and overweight and feel perfectly comfortable riding in a car with a stranger if both of us are wearing mask and said stranger doesn't mind or feel unsafe. 

All I stated was the official word from the Triple AAA roadside asst operator and they used covid virus as reason/excuse for not riding in the cab.  Many RVers have stated on this and other forums how grateful they were to be rescued on a lonely rural road night or day by Triple A drivers who also let them ride in the tow vehicle as they had no other means of transportation from breakdown site.

This has not happened to me and not likely to happen to me so I really don't give a rats.

I'm sorry that you saw my reply as snarky.  It was not intended to be.  I simply stated that it was a good excuse.  Why else would they object to a customer riding with them, other than virus exposure?  I think you misinterpreted my reply.

I find it perplexing that someone would be worried about their safety on the side of a country road at night but wont wear a mask to protect their safety! I'm talking hear about riders and the tow truck drivers.

It's a strange world we are now living in.

You misunderstand If you are referring to me I have stated many times on this and other RV forums that I gladly wear a Mask at all times around other people for the limited protection it affords me from any and all airborne viruses such as covid.  I deleted this topic due to snarky comments I was receiving from other and thought the moderators would delete also.  Peace  

Edited by NamMedevac 70

55 minutes ago, NamMedevac 70 said:

I deleted this topic due to snarky comments I was receiving from other and thought the moderators would delete also.  Peace  

You are going to need some thicker skin if you are going to participate in this (or really any) internet message board. I didn't see anything remotely snarky or unreasonable in any of the replies. And as you can see, deleting the topic doesn't really accomplish anything once the replies and quotes start rolling in. It just makes it harder to read. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

• Kirk W locked this topic