OT: DRV Slide issues

SuiteSuccess

39DBRS3 DRV. Our off door kitchen slide is lifting and pulling up the vinyl tiles with each extension. I can see the rollers and the only one that I can see that is adjustable is under the fridge. I’ve tried adjusting up and down with no benefit. We’ve also tried thin vinyl planks under the rollers but can’t get them to come up on top of these strips. Have also tried carpet remnants with no luck. Any suggestions?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

26 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

Doesn't all rv lift that slideout? Know my previous DRV did and also my Teton.

I’m sorry but don’t follow what you’re saying. All RV?

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Both I owned did. I believe it is a common item. To get a flush floor it has to lift up to clear or it scrubs when it comes in. Interesting topic though. I intend later doing away with the carpet also. 

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

To have flat floors in a slide out there has to be a lift by "Rollers" somewhere. I chose to go with raised floor in the slide outs because they seal completely and do not have to raise the whole slide to allow them to be pulled in.  

My first RV had all of my Kitchen on a slideout. In less than two years I had a severe breakdown of every part of the slide out because of all the weight. My current slides have nothing built in and I have gotten used to having to step up. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Hey SuiteSuccess. You said adding vinyl planks didn't work; I have read of others with a similar problem using those super-thin flexible cutting boards on the floor. Maybe stick them down with painter's tape? 

We've got the grooves on the door side and haven't come up with a solution either. We'll probably eventually just replace the 2 planks. 

Edited by a_elkins

BizCard.JPG

22 minutes ago, a_elkins said:

Hey SuiteSuccess. You said adding vinyl planks didn't work; I have read of others with a similar problem using those super-think flexible cutting boards on the floor. Maybe stick them down with painter's tape? 

We've got the grooves on the door side and haven't come up with a solution either. We'll probably eventually just replace the 2 planks. 

Think that’s gonna be a solution. A wedge made from a thin HDPE cutting board permanently mounted so the roller gets some elevation to roll onto a plank. Will post the results. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

When we replaced carpet with laminate flooring we had an issue of the slide scraching the floor. Our slide just raises up and slides in with no rollers. We ordered (0.031" plastic sheet 48" x 24" GP) sheets of plastic fromhttps://www.onlinemetals.com. These sheets are used to move heavy equipment on. We have 3 sheets that we put under the problem places and pull the slide in and out. I hope this makes sense for you. Cheap fix $55.85 in 2015.  They are kind of a pain as you have to put them down prior to bringing in  the slide and then (we store ours under the bed) store them when the slides are out. You also have to watch to make sure they do not get sucked out with the slide. I they do just bring the slide in and re position.

Stay safe.

JB

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

While doing a walkthru of our new Fullhouse with the dealer i pointed out two scratches on the kitchen floors.  They replaced the tiles and gave us a pair of sliders made from hard plastic about 4 inches by 36 inches by about 1/8 inch thick.  I make sure they are placed under the fridge area before i bring in the slide. So far no more scratches!

2004 Freightliner m2 106  2015 DRV lx450 Fullhouse  2019 Indian Springfield 2014 Yamaha 950 V-Star

Thanks folks. We have been using vinyl flooring planks with success on the door side slide and have worked well. Think my solution is going to be a thin tapered HDPE “wedge” permanently mounted out of sight at the leading edge of the slide so the rollers will raise up enough to get on top of our planks. Will post pics when done. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Carl,  try small strips or squares of carpet.  Turn it upside down, place it on the floor before bringing the slide in.  Works well!  I believe Phil also uses some rolled carpet to do the same thing!  We have those (I think Lippert) 3' x 6" plastic strips. they don't work as well.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

3 hours ago, HERO Maker said:

Carl,  try small strips or squares of carpet.  Turn it upside down, place it on the floor before bringing the slide in.  Works well!  I believe Phil also uses some rolled carpet to do the same thing!  We have those (I think Lippert) 3' x 6" plastic strips. they don't work as well.

Thanks  Rocky. We tried that and rollers wouldn’t get on top and would just push them.  The vinyl flooring planks are thin so I just need the rollers to raise just a bit hence the wedge idea. 

Edited by SuiteSuccess

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Suitesuccess:

Please post as many as you can. We to are going to the new flooring and Miss Judy has 4 new recliners bought. She said I want .... and I said SURE !!! Miss Judy gets whatever she wishes. That way I cab go to HF more often !! See everyone in Tnn. In the spring !

Denver and Ms Judy Geitgey

2006 VOLVO 780

41 ' Redwood

NTPA Event Announcer

dngeitgey@gmail.com

event.png