Livingston Mail Ballots

bigjim

We asked them and the printing of the ballots was delayed, some judge wanted something changed. They were suppose to receive the ballots Friday and were going to do the Escapees first(how they know this I don't know). So mailing should start sometime this week if all goes to plan.

According to a post on Escapees Facebook pages, someone spoke to the County Clerk and the ballots were to go into the mail on Friday, Oct. 2.

In Dallas Co. the ballots were mailed out about a week ago and we have already returned ours. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I spoke to the mail center earlier in the week and ours still have not arrived.   Beginning to wonder if we will get to vote?

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Our absentee ballots were mailed from Polk county on October 2nd and they are still not at the Escapees mail box. 12 days ( Ijust called the mail center). They have to go from Livingston to Houston North Central USPS and back to Livingston.  I could ride my bike there and back is a lot less time.   

I tried calling USPS Customer DIS-Service and the wait time is over an hour.  I filed a email complaint and now see how long they take to answer that. 

I guess we will be driving to Livingston and making a provisional ballot if we can't get them as we have in the past.  

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Picked ours up today. Our mail went out Thursday (8th), and was at the Post Office in Medina, TX (General Delivery) on Saturday. Because of the holiday we weren't able to pick it up until this morning. Ballots heading back tomorrow. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

Just curious Ken are  you folks in Tomball since you stated they are known for be slow and maybe worse?  Hopefully yours will turn up soon.   As I said, I got mine this morning about 11:30 NM time and hit the outgoing by 3:30 (15:00)local time.

Edited by bigjim

I had forgotten I had my primary ballot and apparently my general election ballot sent to my brother until his significant other brought it home Sunday. I had sent a message to my mail box in SD a week ago inquiring and only received an application in response. Was going to follow up this week until my surprise Sunday morning. My brother admitted it had arrived and he had forgotten about it. Filled it out and mailed it yesterday. I sure hope my vote counts. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

2 hours ago, lappir said:

I sure hope my vote counts. 

No reason why it wouldn't. The absentee ballots have served well for years and a few state have had everyone voting by mail for a long time. There is a need to get it mailed early but mailed ballots needn't have been a political issue if no candidate had made it so. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

34 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

No reason why it wouldn't. The absentee ballots have served well for years and a few state have had everyone voting by mail for a long time. There is a need to get it mailed early but mailed ballots needn't have been a political issue if no candidate had made it so. 

Absolutely agree, especially the last 7 words but  admit to being more nervous about it this time around.

Just got notice from the mail center that our ballots were there.  Now to get them to where we are ... FedEx

Bigjim, the USPS in Houston and Tomball have been on the local news several times over the past few years due to slow service and disappearing mail.  We had a Priority mail sent from Livingston to us in Tomball and it took 13 days.  For 3 of those days the USPS had it shown as delivered.  After two trips to the Tomball P.O. and talking to the postmaster, the envelope mysteriously showed up.  This was not the first  time and others in the park had issues as well.   Since these issues, we will not use us anything but the Fed-EX flat rate envelopes in Tomball and Houston.

Ken