Shopping for travel trailer; need input

Explorer01

I'm shopping for a travel trailer and would appreciate your input. I'm flexible about tow vehicle as I'm in transition mode and will shop for vehicle at same time as trailer; whatever I get for a tow vehicle, it will easily accommodate towing of the trailer. 
Criteria: 

• under 20' length; prefer approx 8'wide
  • bathroom, whether wet or dry
  • robust enough to take on forest roads, steep grades and tight turns
  • black, gray and water tanks around 20 gallons each
  • not a hybrid; want hard sides only
  • under $50K
  • queen size bed; windows around 3 sides

I can handle a very small dinette and would prefer a 4 season (heated tanks, insulation) trailer.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Edited by Explorer01

45 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

Get a truck and then a camper for it.

This is backwards.  Get the trailer you want first then buy the truck that is designed to pull it..

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Scamp is another brand similar to Casita. https://www.scamptrailers.com

Casitas are built in Texas while Scamps are built in Minnesota in case that affects your buying choice.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Howdy!

Bigfoot RV trailers are a good well built option you may want to look at. As mention decide on a RV before getting the truck. Always better to have more than enough truck. Especially if you decide to upgrade to larger RV later,  which happens to RVers starting out. Having a truck that’s under rated will make your RVing experience miserable.

http://www.bigfootrv.com/m/bigfoot_rv_travel_trailers_2500_series.html

“Happy Trails”

Chiefneon

Edited by chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

In addition to the ones listed above, you might look at the Lance 1475.  They made 2 models, one without a slide and one with a small slide.  The more recent ones (I want to say 2019 and later, but might be off a year on that) can be ordered with a 4 seasons package (heated, insulated tanks) and a lift package that would help with forest service roads - earlier ones did not have either option.  26 gallon holding tanks, dry bath.  Overall length is 19’8”.

8 hours ago, TXiceman said:

This is backwards.  Get the trailer you want first then buy the truck that is designed to pull it..

Ken

Sorry, I meant a truck camper; not a travel trailer.  He wanted small, a bathroom and able to travel on forest roads, sharp turns, etc.  A truck camper would have better clearance than a travel trailer.

Edited by 2gypsies

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

8 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

Sorry, I meant a truck camper; not a travel trailer.  He wanted small, a bathroom and able to travel on forest roads, sharp turns, etc.  A truck camper would have better clearance than a travel trailer.

He still needs to decide on the truck camper and then decide on the truck to carry it.

Recently we saw a couple with a new truck and camper.  The poor 3/4 ton truck was over loaded.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

• 4 weeks later...