Voting?

Velos

I have always voted absentee even when I was working and greatly appreciate all that the Escapees Club has done for its members to insure the vote for fulltimers and the convenience of requesting an absentee ballot.

My question is a family member has always voted in person but recently retired, sold their house, ordered their RV and is joining the Escapees Club but wondered if there was a way they could vote in person with the Escapees Florida mail service address? Or can they only vote absentee in the November election?

Florida Election Dates: By law, early voting must be held at least for 8 days. The mandatory early voting periods for 2020 are:  General Election: October 24 – 31

1 hour ago, 2gypsies said:

It might be best for an accurate answer to contact the county where they will be voting.

Thank you for the suggestion, I have refereed them to the Florida Division of Elections website above with the caveat that many individuals behind the desk are not acquainted with full time mobile living and are less able to assist than individuals with actual experience having gone through the voting process while living in their RV. 

Do any Florida Escapees Mail Service customers, not owning a sticks and bricks, just living in a RV year round, vote in person in Florida?

Just now, remoandiris said:

Their assigned polling place will be listed on their voter registration card, so all they have to do is show up at the assigned polling place on election day.. 

They have to request an absentee ballot if they want to vote by mail.   

Not every assigned polling place is open for early voting.  

Thank you.

3 hours ago, GlennWest said:

We always vote in person unless so far away not practical

Once I discovered how pleasant it is to vote at home whether in an RV or an apartment I stopped voting in person. I'm not sure why anyone would stand in line for an hour or two once they discover mail-in voting.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

10 hours ago, sandsys said:

Once I discovered how pleasant it is to vote at home whether in an RV or an apartment I stopped voting in person. I'm not sure why anyone would stand in line for an hour or two once they discover mail-in voting.

I have only voted by mail for over 20 years so I am happy to have been able to do so but for some reason I found it gave me a good feeling to do it in person when I was able to do so.  i was fortunate to have never had to wait even an hour. I highly respect those that stand in line for hours in all kinds of weather to vote. I want to thank them.  I despise anyone that tries to prevent people from voting.  That goes for any political party.

PS   I have requested the form to request an absentee ballot this year. I am volunteering near Albq. and I would consider driving all the way to Livingston to vote if necessary this year.  I did drive from Dallas to Livingston once to vote as I was volunteering there at the time and didn't get my absentee ballot on time. (mostly my fault)

Edited by bigjim

We vote in NY state, and the governor has just signed a new law that expands the absentee ballot eligibility to include the risk of illness as a valid reason. That of course, pretty much opens it up to anyone in the current situation. I've downloaded the applications and my wife and I will be sending them in right away. He had previously expanded the eligibility temporarily for the primary election, but this law makes the change permanent for all elections.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Before I went full time I always voted in person. Now, as an Escapees South Dakota resident, I always do absentee ballot. It’s easy. Just fill out an application for absentee ballot and send it in. They will mail you a ballot. You fill it out and mail it back. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Didn't want to get too far off topic.  I agree absentee voting is easy and convenient to register for and participate in but my question is specifically for Escapees that use the Escapees Mail Service Florida address 4602 County Rd 673, Bushnell, FL for domicile, drivers license and voter registration.

"My question is a family member has always voted in person but recently retired, sold their house, ordered their RV and is joining the Escapees Club but wondered if there was a way they could vote in person with the Escapees Florida mail service address?"

Thank you.

We not registered in Livingston. Huntsville. Walker county. Reason we an oddball I still work full time and rv full time. Needed a ulity bill to get per deim. 

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1